+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

single entry work permit

jigsawe

Sep 29, 2008
Hello

My work permit says does not authorize re entry, and this christmas i was planning of going back home to S.korea. When I am returning, do I need to apply for a visitor visa to come in? Or do I have to apply for a multiple entry visa? My work permit is valid till 2009 june.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a multiple entry visa. Then you can come and go as you need.

jigsawe

Sep 29, 2008
thanks for the reply,

im still confused though about the multiple entry visa. is there specific visas for work permits? or is it a visitors visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know there is not a special visa for people with work permit. Normally you get a visitor visa to enter at the same time as your work permit. Does it say in your passport? The work permit allows you to stay and work but it does not allow you to enter the country. That's why you need a visit visa as well. Stupid I know.

jigsawe

Sep 29, 2008
it turns out that S.korea is visa exempt. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp)
I also gained the work permit while i was a student at vancouver, does that mean i dont need a visa to enter? do i still need certain documents to come back to canada? also, do i need a new "E-passport"?

thanks for the help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are from a visa exempt country, then you don´t need a visa