+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Timeline

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi Letina,

It is sad to hear that. Thanks a lot for sharing with us, Have you tried to look for jobs in other provinces? Or start own small business? Just more than year ago you were our position waiting and hoping for MR, then visa to come to Canada, but now you are in position regretting of coming to Canada? That is a real alarm for us since I've heard some other sharing the same.... Can you share with us more a about life in there in terms of looking for jobs, ways to survive since there is no job for us.

I hope you will overcome this soonest.

letina said:
Hi guys, I am in Canada for 1 year and can't believe it that I am still jobless except for some odd works and part time work that barely can feed my family, no employer here is willing to take in immigrants, absolutely NONE! Canada is the most discriminatory place I've ever seen in the world in term of employment for immigrants, without previous work experience or education in Canada, they don't even want to take you in for an admin job. Canada has no opportunity for immigrants at all, the whole country is swamp with new immigrants armed with Msc, PhD degree and years of experience just to realized that all they can get are some survival laborer jobs paying minimum salary. It is extremely hard if you are a highly skilled worker or hold high positions in your home country. All my dream about a greener pasture here has gone down the drain, literally! I wish you all the best, but keep in mind that you may not be better off than wherever you was from and can be worst much worst possibly.. Be practical and think about it as a holy scarify for your next generations and you may not be as depressed as I am today

letina

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
In the past 1 year, we have depleted almost all our life savings that we brought to Canada, it is very depressing, I have kids so that may be a bit more troublesome than those who come as single or just a couple without kid yet. Canadians do not treat you as one of them, they will stigmatize you as immigrants even though they seem to be very friendly outside. When it comes to job, there is blatant discrimination, the first thing they want to know is when you came to Canada and if it is within the first 5 year, they don't bother to proceed. Even for very simple job such as assistant at a supermarket, you have to go through many rounds of submission of CV, references, interviews... and that is for a $10.5/hour for 20 hours a week job at odd timing. If you apply to professional or office job, they don't even want to see you for interview if you did not study in Canada or had Canadian job experience. Even job agency suggested me to do volunteer work for no pay, but please, how can you work for free while having kids and also have to feed the family. Volunteer jobs are just modern slavery in disguise, they want to exploit you as immigrants and pay you nothing except for bus ticket price reimbursement. The only people that do volunteer work are students with no experience wanting to gain something on CV, jobless immigrants with same purpose, people who have bad credit and bad work experience that need to get a reference letter... The whole volunteer thing in Canada is just so hypocrite, people do not volunteer for the sake of volunteerism but forced to do so. Here are a few "successful immigrants" that I met: an senior accountant in India with over 8 years experience in Big4 became a dish washer working 37 hours a week for $10.5/hour, a dentist in India now working as an assembly worker in factory, a post doc US graduate PhD from India working as taxi driver after 3 years jobless, an engineer from Bangladesh with 5 years experience working as a mail man, a senior manager from India working as a security guard at night. These are lucky people that still have a full time job, many others who could not get anything at all just use their savings for years to survive. As a new immigrant you are not eligible for any government assistant such as student loan if you have not stayed for at least 1 year and paid tax. Canadians treat immigrants like intruders who come here to rob local of jobs, they may be nice with you outside but deep inside they hate you

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
letina said:
In the past 1 year, we have depleted almost all our life savings that we brought to Canada, it is very depressing, I have kids so that may be a bit more troublesome than those who come as single or just a couple without kid yet. Canadians do not treat you as one of them, they will stigmatize you as immigrants even though they seem to be very friendly outside. When it comes to job, there is blatant discrimination, the first thing they want to know is when you came to Canada and if it is within the first 5 year, they don't bother to proceed. Even for very simple job such as assistant at a supermarket, you have to go through many rounds of submission of CV, references, interviews... and that is for a $10.5/hour for 20 hours a week job at odd timing. If you apply to professional or office job, they don't even want to see you for interview if you did not study in Canada or had Canadian job experience. Even job agency suggested me to do volunteer work for no pay, but please, how can you work for free while having kids and also have to feed the family. Volunteer jobs are just modern slavery in disguise, they want to exploit you as immigrants and pay you nothing except for bus ticket price reimbursement. The only people that do volunteer work are students with no experience wanting to gain something on CV, jobless immigrants with same purpose, people who have bad credit and bad work experience that need to get a reference letter... The whole volunteer thing in Canada is just so hypocrite, people do not volunteer for the sake of volunteerism but forced to do so. Here are a few "successful immigrants" that I met: an senior accountant in India with over 8 years experience in Big4 became a dish washer working 37 hours a week for $10.5/hour, a dentist in India now working as an assembly worker in factory, a post doc US graduate PhD from India working as taxi driver after 3 years jobless, an engineer from Bangladesh with 5 years experience working as a mail man, a senior manager from India working as a security guard at night. These are lucky people that still have a full time job, many others who could not get anything at all just use their savings for years to survive. As a new immigrant you are not eligible for any government assistant such as student loan if you have not stayed for at least 1 year and paid tax. Canadians treat immigrants like intruders who come here to rob local of jobs, they may be nice with you outside but deep inside they hate you
They know that we are all new there and we need jobs for survival, so they really want to make use of us!!!!!

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Thanks LEtina for sharing, that's real life after landing that all of us who are still waiting for visa should take it seriously. thanks alot Letina.

I hope you will overcome this soon, what kind of volunteers jobs are there Letina? how many hours should we volunteer/ week? most people immigrate to canada mostly have stable job/ salary in senior position , I don't know how and can't still imagine a Phd/ Master degree man working as taxi drivers or dishwashers ???!!! there are also few thread with subject DO NOT COME TO CANDA we should also read, almost same as what Letina sharing :((

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
letina said:

Sorry to hear this from you.

Did you join the settlement plan founded by government once you reach NB? Each province have got a plan help newcomer looking for job and settle down.

http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.200756.html

I hope you will overcome this very soon and found a job very very soon.

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
27-02-2011 (MPNP-Family Stream)
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
taivoi said:
@ CRS: any update on ECAS?
Not yet. They took more than 3 weeks to send Garu's pp after dm. Can't guess when my turn will come. What about u? Is it showing in process now?

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Quinny said:
I just came from sgvo, my PP/visa is not yet available. They will just call me once its ready.
hi.. u send it personally right? do they put on your claim stub the date when to take it back/releasing date?

kurt

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
Kurt>> I like your timeline, it gives me a tiny glimpse of hope that my MR may be coming soon

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
kaisin82 said:
Kurt>> I like your timeline, it gives me a tiny glimpse of hope that my MR may be coming soon
ohh thats great.. but mine is under FAM..

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
haha...opps....thought it's the same processing time =)

eeaassyy

Sep 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
Nomination.....
23-08-2011
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
Med's Request
8-21-2014
Hi ffarin11,
any news for you? what is the e-cas status now?

ffarin11

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
April 28, 2011
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
June 15, 2013
Med's Done....
June 23, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
eeaassyy said:
Hi ffarin11,
any news for you? what is the e-cas status now?
No News. they also never replied my email. it will mark 18 month on sep 11 and still no progress.

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
hello boysgeneration, i am from Singapore. there are many different programs offered by various provinces and it all depends on which province you are applying from. =) hope this helps. Most of the peeps here arent from Singapore but around the region but they applied to the visa office in Singapore =). Nice to meet a fellow Singaporean here. We can talk through private message =)