+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Farhanz

Nov 22, 2010
Saadatul...They only ask for RRFP or whatever that is called only after application has been approved. So no worries bro...you are done! Welcome to Icy Canada. I am hating the weather nowadays...

Hycore....Congratz to you too...yes, in the Canadian HC, S'pore website they say that it takes 2 weeks to process a PR Visa...Man why do you want to leave Thailand??...Thailand is so much better than Canada!!

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
Thank you so much farhanz for the reply..Ur way of response makes me more comfortable ..On December 7th Mississauga notified Singapore via email that is what I knew from CIC call center..Hope PPR request will be coming soon..pray for me

Thanks again..

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Farhanz,

Perhaps Thailand is a much better place as a tourist but to be here working, it is horrible, you always have to fight to get your hard earned salary. Not to mention all the extra side projects etc. they want you to do that is outside of your agreed upon contract. Working here is BS. I would like to come back in fave to ten years as a tourist though.

I can't wait to get home and back to working for places that don't screw you around every single chance they get.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
hello farhanz..did u get ur Passport back from Singapore...???? I m yet to get PPR from Singapore..

pipefitter

Dec 22, 2010
I submitted photographs of us together with her family,passport history,phone cards,emails,money transfers receipts(from me),life insurance,last will and testament.I have only spent two months per year with her,no wedding ceremony and I didn't apply to sponsor her until are fourth year of marriage.So perhaps this is the reason for them wanting a interview.I have a list of 83 questions they will be asking.You would think,if my wife just married me for a visa,she would have wanted it sooner.But I understand were dealing with civil servants.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
I just got an email from Singapore they said

Mr. Hoque,

All requested documents have been received and processed. You will shortly receive a letter requesting submission of your passport and other documents for issuance of visa.

Sincerely,
Visa Officer

and then on E-cas under my Permanent Residence status I saw

We started processing your application on September 23, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

yet I didnt received my PPR so is it ok with their decision made status?

Thank you

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Well everyone, it looks like we will be out of this forum because we got our passport today. I would suggest not using DHL as they delayed us getting our passport for 10 days and then DHL ended up sending the passport in the Thai Post anyways, so save yourselves some time and money and use EMS Thai Post, they have been very good the whole time we have been here.

We wish you the best of luck and thanks for all your valuable support.

Happy New Year!
Hycore

zzz

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys my ecas status updated today it says decision made under parmament status.

zzz

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey sadatul I think you are good , looks like you you are in the same boat as me, so hopefully you should get ppr within a week

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
I think people are getting updated today on E-cas. This is so nice hearing good news from you guys. For me its too early to get "Decision Made" status as we yet to submit our passport. However, email from VO confirm issuance of Visa for me Alhamdulillah. I do beleive they already have sent our PPR today and we will get it by next week Inshallah.

R

rhythmic_snow

Received a response from CHCS. My application status is pending review by Visa Officer. Haven't even in process yet. Its gonna be a long wait. Btw I received a file number with Fxxxxxxxx instead of Bxxxxxxx.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
ZZZ ..let me know when u get ur passport back...

rado

Jun 24, 2010
ba, svk
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
not yet
Hycore said:
Farhanz,

Perhaps Thailand is a much better place as a tourist but to be here working, it is horrible, you always have to fight to get your hard earned salary. Not to mention all the extra side projects etc. they want you to do that is outside of your agreed upon contract. Working here is BS. I would like to come back in fave to ten years as a tourist though.

I can't wait to get home and back to working for places that don't screw you around every single chance they get.
I wonder where you have been working Hycore, because most of the teaching jobs that i know in Thailand are very laid back. Hardly ever any extra-curricular work and pretty much doing whatever you like, with very limited supervision. Which is good. You have been at the wrong place, I guess.
I come to school when my lessons start and go home when they end (1-2pm), teach whatever I want and have no extra-work to do. Next time look for a better school. Happy New Year

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Hey Rado,

I have been teaching in Trang for the past three years. The first school was the worst, they made us finger scan in and out every day, show up to school on Saturday mornings and perform for the parents all the while they skimmed our pay every month. The second school was a little better but we still had to sit there all day even if we didn't have classes and there was absolutely no air con anywhere. My current school has been extremely nice, as long as we go to school by 9am and go to our classes they could care less about how the rest of our time is spent. The only problem that is coming up now is that they don't want to pay us for the upcoming summer even though we signed a 12 month contract and they told us before that it was our benefit.

As for the extra curricular - that is actually part of the job that I enjoy, this year I got to coach the girl's basketball team and it was so fun and I am just about to start training some students for the speech competitions coming up in Jan. I like doing this sort of stuff because it directly benefits the students and keeps me busy.

Which province are you in, where they are not super-micro-managing you?

Happy New Year to you too!

rado

Jun 24, 2010
ba, svk
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi Hycore,
Nice to hear that you are doing fine.
I have been teaching in Thailand for the past 4 years now.
My first school was in Chanthaburi, very easy-going job, with the nicest pople I met in Thailand.
Then I taught in Songkhla. Also good. Were a little picky about coming in on time. Otherwise no hassles.
And now I am in Satun. Very easy-going job as well.
Schools in BKK are different, though. Many are strict about clocking in and out of work, staying at school all day, and are also more serious about teaching. Plus the students are much more difficult to handle, noisy and less disciplined (respectful) then in the countryside.

Congratulations, to your visas.