Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
They in didnt ask me to send any of those documents thats why I didnt send..I hope thats wont matter and if they were needed they might have asked me...

No update from my side ZZZ...by the way where r u now??? r u in Canada or BD?

Thanks

Farhanz

Nov 22, 2010
Sadatul,

CIC don't want to know any information prior to age 18. You have to provide all personal (i.e education, job, residences etc) from the age of 18.

Cheers!

Farhanz

Nov 22, 2010
Just a little update...

My wife submitted her passport to Canadian High Commission this Sunday. Officially, they say that it will take 6-8 weeks for the passport to come back from S'pore with the Visa stamp. However, the unofficial version is "3-4" weeks. I had some inside connection at the High commission from which I got this info.

Thanks.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
Thats great farhanz news... at least you waiting game is almost over now..whereas someone like me dont know when this waiting is gonna finish.. :-[..

Thanks for your information..

zzz

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in Canada, and my wife is in Bangladesh
sadatul our passport request will come sometime in late January considering they are closed for last 1 week of December and first week of January

Farhanz

Nov 22, 2010
Zzzz....

How do you know that they are closed for last week of December and first week of January? Offocially, the consulate is only closed on 25th Dec and Jan 1st...which are both Weekends in S'pore.

zzz

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yea you are right, I talked to some people that sponsored their spouse they said end of December is generally slow and things pick up in January

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
Ahhh!!! Long day to still wait ???.....thanks zzz and farhanz to give some info..

I am hoping to get PPR by the end of this month lets see what happen..

My wife is staying with me since may 2010 as she is a canadian citizen so i dont think it wont matter or it wont slow down our processing..
what you guys think??

Farhanz

Nov 22, 2010
Sadatul....No it won't.

Your wife staying with you....then why do you complain? You are better off landing in Canada sometime after April...It's freezing cold now...snowing and -13C....It will get worse in Jan/Feb...stating to ease off in late March.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
NO way FARHANZ I am not complaining it ..rather I m among those few lucky persons who can stay with their loved one during this painful process..so There is no reason of not considering myself a very lucky guy..

We both are just worried about immigration rules and regulation and just hanging on there and praying something good should happen by sometime..

Thank you so much for the Weather info ..We both also had plan to land Canada by March or April..by the way do you know what would ne the cheapest plane fare from bangladesh?? I heard kuwait airways can be one but when i check online this fare always fluctautes and now it is too high for the coming chrismas holiday i guess..

So when you wife will gonna fly to you??? I will highly appreciate your answer regarding this ticketing issue..My wife's parents are already in Canada so can they book tickets for us from Canada???

Thank you

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
And another question ..is there any time restriction in which we have to land canada after getting visa or we can land at any time before our medical get expired? And what is the validity time period of medical? I got my medical done in 27 August 2010..

Farhanz

Nov 22, 2010
No...there's no time restriction in terms of Medical Exam. Med is only required for PPR approval. However, you have to land within 1 year from the date your Visa is stamped.

Ticket price would be around Tk75,000 - $85,000 for one way......and $125,000- $135,000 for return if you book early enough. Try Emirates via London (and not direct TO from Dubai), that's a wonderful flight but cheap. Last time I paid $76,000 one way for this flight. You can also try Cathay Pacific or Etihaad.

I don't normally prefer Kuwait or Gulf....it's a looong flight so you need better aircraft & service...There's no point of saving few thousands buck for a nightmare service...

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
Thank you farhanz for ur valuable information..i hope this will help us..

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"NO way FARHANZ I am not complaining it ..rather I m among those few lucky persons who can stay with their loved one during this painful process..so There is no reason of not considering myself a very lucky guy.."

@ sadatul and this is precisely the reason the IO will tell you if you are happy living with your wife in Bangladesh why do you want to live in Canada. Is she dual citizen? If so then the visa offier has a strong case to deny visa becuase the laws of the country where she resides takes precedence and since you mentioned you are not complaining and living with her already they'll be a little reluctant to give you visa to immigrate. But I really hope you do get the visa, dont get me wrong mate.

Farhanz

Nov 22, 2010
I don't agree with you Newtone....As per the Citizenship Act of Canada...Every citizen of the country has every right to sponsor his/her spouse and return to Canada.

I even know one person who was born in Canada but lived his entire life in Bangladesh. After getting married in BD, he sponsored his spouse and returned to Canada after 25 years. No question asked by CIC. Canada is his country by citizenship and he can return to the country anytime he wants with his spouse.