N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Taycaoco said:
Hi everyone, I'm new on the forum. I'm sponsoring my wife and Singapore received my application in February 2011. Since then, nothing happened. :(

Here's a short background of my story to give you a picture of my case. In July 2010, my uncle introduced me to the daughter of his sworn brother. I talked with her on the phone for the first time on July 24th 2010. We get along immediately; we share the same interests, we have the same age, a University degree in the same field, etc., and the most important of course, we are mutually attracted to one another. In short, we have many things in common and we believe that we are made for each other.

We talked on the phone for a month and by the end of August 2010, I proposed to her. Our engagement ceremony took place in September (without my presence, but 20 members of my family who live in Vietnam were there) and in November, I flew to Vietnam for the wedding with my grand-parents from USA and my dad. She did her medical exam a few days later. I stayed for 6 weeks over there. Here is the timeline:

Mississauga received application January 14th 2011
Files transferred February 9th 2011
Singapore received application February 17th 2011

Since then, radio silence. The processing has not started yet. It's 10 months now, what the heck! :'(
Welcome Taycaoco. Good to have you with us! Singapore is definitely one of the more frustrating offices to apply through, as you can tell from reading through this thread. Some of us have gotten through quickly, while others have had to wait a long time, as you are. There's not really a uniform experience that all of us can look to as an example.

One thing I've seen suggested on the forum is to check with the CIC call centre as to whether any mail was sent your way but not delivered. Apparently some people have had some horror stories about information requests from the VO getting lost in the post; it might be useful for you to check with the call centre to see if they have any records of things being sent. You may also want to give your MP a call. I've called my MP's office a couple of times so far and they've been very helpful, although I figure that depends on where you live; some MPs might be more helpful than others.

One thing I note from your post is that you have a couple of red flags that the VO will probably wonder about, based on reading through other people's experience on these forums. Being introduced by a family member is apparently a problem as the VO may take that as a sign that the marriage was arranged as a favour. The fact that you knew and spoke with each other only one month before you proposed might reinforce this impression. I hope that you managed to address this in your application, but if not, they might ask you about it in an interview. Have you been back to Vietnam since the wedding, sending her money as support, and so on? Remember to keep records of communication, Western Union receipts, bank records, everything that will help to establish that you're supporting her as your spouse.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Taycaoco said:
Hi everyone, I'm new on the forum. I'm sponsoring my wife and Singapore received my application in February 2011. Since then, nothing happened. :(

Here's a short background of my story to give you a picture of my case. In July 2010, my uncle introduced me to the daughter of his sworn brother. I talked with her on the phone for the first time on July 24th 2010. We get along immediately; we share the same interests, we have the same age, a University degree in the same field, etc., and the most important of course, we are mutually attracted to one another. In short, we have many things in common and we believe that we are made for each other.

We talked on the phone for a month and by the end of August 2010, I proposed to her. Our engagement ceremony took place in September (without my presence, but 20 members of my family who live in Vietnam were there) and in November, I flew to Vietnam for the wedding with my grand-parents from USA and my dad. She did her medical exam a few days later. I stayed for 6 weeks over there. Here is the timeline:

Mississauga received application January 14th 2011
Files transferred February 9th 2011
Singapore received application February 17th 2011

Since then, radio silence. The processing has not started yet. It's 10 months now, what the heck! :'(
Am in the same situation as you can see my timeline after singapore received my file on march on my ecas its show only: application received it hasnt changed for like10months!!!! but my hubby received letter after 8months to wait for another letter for an interview and stating it may take aroung 24months. but the thing is the processing time in singapore says 22months so am very confuse. their thing are not clear and we are all desesperate!!! why they make us wait that long!!! i wish they could call
and tell us instead of making us worried.. i hope you will get news soon! keep us updated! 10months for you,damn..... keep ur heads up..

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
I am applying for my CAIPS but i cant figure out what is the immigration file number starting with B?????? i have my client id and the kit id on the paper i received from cic.. HELP??ANYONE KNOWS?? :eek:

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shiny88 said:
I am applying for my CAIPS but i cant figure out what is the immigration file number starting with B?????? i have my client id and the kit id on the paper i received from cic.. HELP??ANYONE KNOWS?? :eek:
I think this is the file number of your husband. All the letters CIC issued to your husband, the file number should be there. So have you checked that?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Amy612 said:
I think this is the file number of your husband. All the letters CIC issued to your husband, the file number should be there. So have you checked that?
Oh!! great i think you might be right back home its middle of the night but i will definitely check on the letter singapore sent him thanks!!

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Shiny88 said:
Oh!! great i think you might be right back home its middle of the night but i will definitely check on the letter singapore sent him thanks!!
yeah, my wife faxed me the interview letter and it does have her application number on it, if that might be what you are looking for. Starts with an 'F' and is a number I havent seen yet.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Hello121 said:
yeah, my wife faxed me the interview letter and it does have her application number on it, if that might be what you are looking for. Starts with an 'F' and is a number I havent seen yet.
you are right thank you, yes there were B 9digits, also a F with 9digits .I filed the app and sent the one with b! Hope to receive notes soon...

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Shiny88 said:
you are right thank you, yes there were B 9digits, also a F with 9digits .I filed the app and sent the one with b! Hope to receive notes soon...
it will take exactly one month from the day, they received your Caips request.

tamanna

Mar 5, 2010
Hello Everyone, ...i would like to know if anyone has applied for/sponsored dependent child? i m from Bangladesh and my husband is the primary applicant, he is in Canada right now n sponsored from there. They received it in Canada on 22nd June, 2011. subsequently sponsor application was granted on Aug 09, 2011. Singapore VO is showing "application received" for PR sometimes from mid September.

I ll appreciate any reply... :)

DN_Mont

Nov 3, 2011
Hi,

has anyone tried courier service, like Purolator, UPS, to send additional documents to Singapore office? It is ok? The mailing address of Singapore VO, as of listed in the website is like this

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore
(not for courier)

The last line seems to be confusing to me.
Thanks.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
DN_Mont said:
Hi,

has anyone tried courier service, like Purolator, UPS, to send additional documents to Singapore office? It is ok? The mailing address of Singapore VO, as of listed in the website is like this

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
Singapore
901645 Singapore
(not for courier)

Have u got any update from singapore?>

theedge

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
File Transfer...
?
Med's Done....
29-08-2011
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
DN_Mont said:
Hi,

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
Singapore
901645 Singapore
(not for courier)

The last line seems to be confusing to me.
Thanks.
Do not send your papers with UPS or similar company to this address.
It's a PO BOX so nobody will be there to sign your paper...
also state "Not for courier" UPS is a courier

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
hi hello 121

Do not worry to much about the interview letter. It is a letter to discourage you. The wait for the second letter is the longest 6 to 8 months. Longer than the first letter but once you get the second letter it goes relatively quickly. I am not sure if your wife has interview first or that they request new medical first. I would assume medical first. The interview will be about 14 to 16 months after reception of application in Singapore. If you received request for interview 6-7 months after application received. It will be another 7-8 months before things start happening again. When Singapore does restart it is quicker. What is important during this period is to keep all the proof of communication and moneys sent in support of your spouse. There is not much you can do during this period other than wait because it is the test of time. MOC marriages will have difficulty to show proof during this wait. Singapore knows this. So do the right thing and keep all proof.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
I hear many of you complain that things are not fair and that it is not first come first serve. Some people are processed very quickly while others got to interview. What is absolutely crazy is that there is no standard service. People want a decision made whether positive or negative. This way they can plan their lives. Either people know they need to appeal or they have to get a bigger apartment to accommodate everyone. Simple things like this. I feel that the people that get processed quickly have genuine marriages no doubt. They have been married for a long time with children. They owned property together and have lived together. These applications are processed first. Unfortunately for newly married couples it is more difficult it takes longer. Imagine that you have children and that you do not see them. Singapore processes these applications first and I agree. What I don't agree is 22 months to get processed. This is crazy it is a big burden for those who must support their wives 100%. It causes stress on the relationship etc. This is why it is the test of time.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/SG2011/signatures?page=2