+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

tkmm2

Oct 15, 2015
mikeymyke said:
I've never heard of anyone being able to reverse the interview request after it's being issued, so you're out of luck with that. However I've heard of many cases where on the GCMS notes, some people reported in the notes that an interview is recommended, but after they issued tons of evidence, they had the interview waived. But you're too late for that because you got the interview letter.

Singapore VO is one of the toughest visa offices in the world. Applicants have to do their best to avoid the interview as much as possible by minimizing the amount of red flags in their application. Did you decide to go with a small ceremony with not too many parties from both sides, despite knowing that this could cause problems in your application? There could also be other factors at play too such as fast relationship development, marriage on first visit, age difference, etc, but I don't know your entire case.
I didn't know that I can take out GCMS notes. So now is too late then. I thought our relationship is genuine and will not cause much doubt in VO. I was wrong.
So by other people's experiences, the interview is not easy?
Me and my wife did not have much in person contact as I visited her for twice and got married on second time. You can say it's fast but it's genuine. Age difference is not in the doubt as we are only one year difference. Probably marriage on second visit causes the doubt.
So now, my wife just needs to wait for the interview? That's too bad. I am visiting her again very soon. Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

M

mikeymyke

tkmm2 said:
I didn't know that I can take out GCMS notes. So now is too late then. I thought our relationship is genuine and will not cause much doubt in VO. I was wrong.
So by other people's experiences, the interview is not easy?
Me and my wife did not have much in person contact as I visited her for twice and got married on second time. You can say it's fast but it's genuine. Age difference is not in the doubt as we are only one year difference. Probably marriage on second visit causes the doubt.
So now, my wife just needs to wait for the interview? That's too bad. I am visiting her again very soon. Please let me know if you have any suggestion.
My wife and I got married on 2nd visit also, but I spent 2 months with her on each visit. I had a large traditional wedding ceremony and my entire family from Canada came to the wedding, and all of my wife's family came to the wedding also. We got our visa in 6 mths without interview. So I doubt they didnt like your marriage on 2nd visit, perhaps maybe you guys didnt spend enough time together before marriage. But Im sure definitely the lack of a proper ceremony and the fact you didnt have many family members from either side attend the wedding might have been the main reason

Did u provide a valid explanation as to why your families did not attend?

tkmm2

Oct 15, 2015
mikeymyke said:
My wife and I got married on 2nd visit also, but I spent 2 months with her on each visit. I had a large traditional wedding ceremony and my entire family from Canada came to the wedding, and all of my wife's family came to the wedding also. We got our visa in 6 mths without interview. So I doubt they didnt like your marriage on 2nd visit, perhaps maybe you guys didnt spend enough time together before marriage. But Im sure definitely the lack of a proper ceremony and the fact you didnt have many family members from either side attend the wedding might have been the main reason

Did u provide a valid explanation as to why your families did not attend?
Thanks again for the reply.
I just wrote like a paragraph for the explanation. We plan to have one more wedding once she come to Canada since my family and relatives are all here.
All of my photos are like from 2nd visit, we didn't take much photos on first visit so. I am thinking to work with a local lawyer about the case.

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
MAR-11-2015 AOR2 Received: APR-16-2015
File Transfer...
MAR-15-2015 In Process: AUG-06-2015 Decision Made: SEPT-22-2015
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
SEPT-10-2015 | SENT SEPT 11 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
Hello Singapore Forum8s!

Just wanted to share with you guys that my husband and I are now together!!
It's been a long journey of waiting and I am very happy that we will never have to say goodbye to each other again!

He got his Visa 4 days before my scheduled vacation to Thailand! Luckily, i was able to find the exact departure date going back to Canada for him! So, we ended up flying back to Canada together and arrived on Thanksgiving Night.. surprising my whole family!! It was indeed the happiest time to date! God is good! :) Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and wish you guys all the best! I'd like to thank you guys too for all your help!

Below is my timeline for your future reference!

Category____________: Family
Visa Office___________: Singapore Visa Office
Application Filed______: 05 January, 2015
AOR Received________: 11 March, 2015
Sponsorship Approval _: 15 March, 2015
AOR2 Received_______: 16 April, 2015
Medical Request______: Upfront - Remedical - 04 August 2015
Interview ___________: waived
Passport Request_____: 10 September, 2015
Visa Issued__________: 28 September, 2015
Landed _____________: 11 October, 2015

cc

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Congratulations.... and they lived happily ever after ;D

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
N/A. Decision Made: 02 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
29 oct 2015. Passport Sent : 01 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
06 Nov 2015 Passport received: 01 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
In December.
ccastillo said:
Hello Singapore Forum8s!

Just wanted to share with you guys that my husband and I are now together!!
It's been a long journey of waiting and I am very happy that we will never have to say goodbye to each other again!

He got his Visa 4 days before my scheduled vacation to Thailand! Luckily, i was able to find the exact departure date going back to Canada for him! So, we ended up flying back to Canada together and arrived on Thanksgiving Night.. surprising my whole family!! It was indeed the happiest time to date! God is good! :) Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and wish you guys all the best! I'd like to thank you guys too for all your help!

Below is my timeline for your future reference!

Category____________: Family
Visa Office___________: Singapore Visa Office
Application Filed______: 05 January, 2015
AOR Received________: 11 March, 2015
Sponsorship Approval _: 15 March, 2015
AOR2 Received_______: 16 April, 2015
Medical Request______: Upfront - Remedical - 04 August 2015
Interview ___________: waived
Passport Request_____: 10 September, 2015
Visa Issued__________: 28 September, 2015
Landed _____________: 11 October, 2015

cc
Congratulation ccastillo! Happy for you . I'm still waiting. Hope I'll get my visa soon

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 24, 2014; submitted Dec 2, 2014; DM Dec 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
tkmm2 said:
I just wrote like a paragraph for the explanation. We plan to have one more wedding once she come to Canada since my family and relatives are all here.
All of my photos are like from 2nd visit, we didn't take much photos on first visit so. I am thinking to work with a local lawyer about the case.
Contacting a lawyer now would just be a waste of money IMHO. I would suggest that you first order GMCS notes, this will give you clues about what they think about your relationship and may have clues about red flags they perceive in your application. Then search this forum to get an idea of the type of questions they usually ask in these type of interviews. Finally use the money you would have spent on the lawyer and visit your wife... it's going to be a long wait for the interview. The visit during the interview waiting period will also provide more proof that this is a genuine relationship.

ENC

May 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skystar said:
Congrats ENC! You are gonna get your visa soon. I did my remedical but I didn't have send my medical report by mail. Medical centre sent the report. Did you send your medical repost by mail?
yes you are right the medical centre sent the report. I didnt mail it.
Did you had any additional notes added on your ECAS?

M

mikeymyke

tkmm2 said:
Did you give a very detailed explanation? What's the reason you couldn't get your family to come over there for the wedding? It would have to be an extremely good reason, such as your parents are old/sick, or you are estranged from them and no longer contact them. Believe it or not, I feel it's easier to have a Canadian/PR bring his/her family to another country for the wedding, rather than bringing the applicant's family over to Canada. The reason is that Canadian residents are able to travel easily to most countries without visa, also they're more financially capable of buying plane tickets to visit. The applicant's family, generally might not be able to afford the plane tickets themselves, also they will likely be refused a visitor visa since they're all going together.

Don't use a lawyer, they won't be able to help you very much in this case. Best to spend the $ on visiting your wife.

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In December.
ENC said:
yes you are right the medical centre sent the report. I didnt mail it.
Did you had any additional notes added on your ECAS?
Yes. PC and CSQ

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In December.
ENC said:
BTW what's PC and CSQ? and did yours change to Decision Made?
Police Clearance and Certificate Selection of Quebec. I was in uk for two years so they requested uk and bd PC. I'll live in Quebec so I had to apply for Quebec certificate. I received CSQ from Quebec and sent to Singapore VO.
My status is In Process

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In December.
ENC said:
BTW what's PC and CSQ? and did yours change to Decision Made?
Check your email. You should receive your passport request very soon

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
Hello everybody,

The timeline for my wife's application is:

Application received : February 2015
AOR 1: April 2015
AOR 2: May 2015
Medical : 2015

The Ecas status snowed "in process" on 1st September. Since then no updates at al. Lately I am noticing that people are getting passport request within 3/4 months which is making me more worried. I am not sure whether I should request GCMS or wait fingers crossed.

Your advices will be very much appreciated.

Between, my wife and I are from Bangladesh.

Thank you.

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 24, 2014; submitted Dec 2, 2014; DM Dec 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
zislam500 said:
Hello everybody,

The timeline for my wife's application is:

Application received : February 2015
AOR 1: April 2015
AOR 2: May 2015
Medical : 2015

The Ecas status snowed "in process" on 1st September. Since then no updates at al. Lately I am noticing that people are getting passport request within 3/4 months which is making me more worried. I am not sure whether I should request GCMS or wait fingers crossed.

Your advices will be very much appreciated.

Between, my wife and I are from Bangladesh.

Thank you.
Get the GCMS notes, there's no reason you shouldn't order them. They will provide more information and better peace of mind than just checking Ecas status every week hoping for a change.