Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Oct0711 said:
My application was sent to CPC-M the first week of October; given the fact that it's 70 days now for step 1, I don't expect it to be in Singapore until at least after the new year. Reading posts from J5huynh and some others, it's hopeful that our file might be processed by late summer or early Fall. I've also heard that Singapore has a rather high rate of interview requests, especially with applications from Vietnam. We've been married for 3 years and have a 9-month old baby girl. The baby just received her canadian citizenship certificate. We are applying for her passport.

I wonder if any of you would kindly offer your thoughts on my case regarding: 1) the possibility of a waived interview (we are ready for any interview! :) however, not having one would mean a much shorter processing time for us); 2) if you know of any similar cases in which there is a child/or children involved, and the processing time for such applications. Thanks in advance, everyone!
I sent sponsorship application for my son and husband on sept 28. My son is 17 months old. As per I know there is no less processing time wheather a child is involved or not. Like you I am expecting no interview for my case beccause this is our first marriage, we are married for six years, we have two kinds and my husband was included as non accompanying spouse in my PR application. But you nevere know what VO thinks about your case. Which is simple to me, may be very complex case for them and take 24 month to process.

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
lenardparnold said:
Strange. It took them only 6 months to open our file. And now they have been processing for 5 months. But it seems the process may be almost finished and still under the 13 months that it took you. Who knows. I think most people can agree that the date they say they start processing the file isn't the actual date, and that they take a look at the files before then. If this isn't the case then it means that they don't open the files on the first come first serve basis.

Congrats anyways and we will try to keep waiting positivly.
Singapore received our file in early June this year and its been almost 5 months since then and haven't heard anything back/ haven't seen any updates to our ECAS as of yet. However, my wife's mother also has a spousal application that has been sent to Singapore as well. Hers got to Singapore nearly a month after ours did and after just 3 days of Singapore having her application their ECAS was updated to "In Process". Then, about a week ago she was informed that she is on their interview list. We still have not heard anything about our case from Singapore though. So yes this seems to be evidence that they do not open the files on a first come first basis.

Keeping in mind though, her case (In my opinion) has fraud written all over it at least what a CIC officer would most likely believe from what they submitted. So maybe the reason why their file was brought to attention so quickly was because of the very high suspicion level right from the get go.

Hopefully this means that me and my wife's application was much more satisfying to them at first glance (based on this I'm assuming they take first glances if they opened my wife's mother's file 3 days after they received it)

After following the posts of other users on this thread I believe me and my wife's application should start to be processed sometime in December (hopefully).

skam

Aug 11, 2011
whats going on everyone, quick question, my wife's application for spouse got processed in Singapore, She submitted her passport to Bangladesh embassy on Oct 18th, how long does it usually take for Singapore to print visa and send the passport back to Bangladesh embassy.

app received in Mississauga June 10th
Mississauga started processing Aug 20
Singapore received app Aug 27
started processing Oct 5th
received letter requesting passport Oct 12
dropped passport to Bangladesh embassy Oct 18
Still waiting for Passport with Visa stamped.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
skam said:
whats going on everyone, quick question, my wife's application for spouse got processed in Singapore, She submitted her passport to Bangladesh embassy on Oct 18th, how long does it usually take for Singapore to print visa and send the passport back to Bangladesh embassy.

Congratulations. It may take 2 to 8 weeks. By the way you filed application on june 2011???

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
skam said:

your file processed within 2 months from singapore????????????? You are the first guy in this forum, whose file has been processed so fast. congrates anyway.....

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stupidrim said:
your file processed within 2 months from singapore????????????? You are the first guy in this forum, whose file has been processed so fast. congrates anyway.....
Stupidrim.. what mistakes we made bro preparing our files ? waited so long and now on interview list... :( . Do you have any update or any news? please share any update or any news if u have . Just patiently waiting dunno how long ....:(

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
silenthill_ca said:
Stupidrim.. what mistakes we made bro preparing our files ? waited so long and now on interview list... :( . Do you have any update or any news? please share any update or any news if u have . Just patiently waiting dunno how long ....:(

No bro, i have no clue. probably i had no marriage reception at the time of my application. But i finished my marriage reception after 6 month. Though i sent them the pictures recently but they just received it today and it already too later. I have no updates yet. Just waiting for their interview schedule. You can call me if you want as we are from same country and situation: 16136004531

Thanks

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Why Why :'( :'( :'( Singapore is increasing processing time. Now they are on 22 months, where their refuse % is higher than any other vo.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
Why Why :'( :'( :'( Singapore is increasing processing time. Now they are on 22 months, where their refuse % is higher than any other vo.
i dont know whats wrong, for most of the VOs they have increased the time.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
OLD TIME Updated July 26,2011
Beijing 4
Colombo 13
Hong Kong 19
Islamabad 24
Kuala Lumpur 10
Manila 10
New Delhi 6
Seoul 7
Singapore 21
Sydney 7
Taipei 5
Tokyo 6

New Time Updated Oct 27, 2011
Beijing - China 5
Colombo - Sri Lanka 11
Hong Kong - China 19
Islamabad - Pakistan 26
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia 11
Manila - Philippines 10
New Delhi - India 6
Seoul - South Korea 8
Singapore - Singapore 22
Sydney - Australia 7
Taipei - Taiwan 5
Tokyo - Japan 6

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Wiggie said:
Singapore received our file in early June this year and its been almost 5 months since then and haven't heard anything back/ haven't seen any updates to our ECAS as of yet. However, my wife's mother also has a spousal application that has been sent to Singapore as well. Hers got to Singapore nearly a month after ours did and after just 3 days of Singapore having her application their ECAS was updated to "In Process". Then, about a week ago she was informed that she is on their interview list. We still have not heard anything about our case from Singapore though. So yes this seems to be evidence that they do not open the files on a first come first basis.

Keeping in mind though, her case (In my opinion) has fraud written all over it at least what a CIC officer would most likely believe from what they submitted. So maybe the reason why their file was brought to attention so quickly was because of the very high suspicion level right from the get go.

Hopefully this means that me and my wife's application was much more satisfying to them at first glance (based on this I'm assuming they take first glances if they opened my wife's mother's file 3 days after they received it)

After following the posts of other users on this thread I believe me and my wife's application should start to be processed sometime in December (hopefully).
This is super fast if compare now timeline 21 or 22 months. Mine is now on 5th month since Singapore Vo received my application. What did you give as supporting documents?

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
can someone provide me the postal address of CIC SG for courier???? pls help, thanks in advance.

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
High Commission of Canada

Singapore

One George Street, #11-01,
Singapore

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hi all,
Our application came in to Mississauga on June 7th of this year, and was passed along to Singapore on August 8th with my sponsor approval. My wife is from Vietnam, and I've posted a little about our story in another thread here. From what I gather reading this forum and others, Singapore is one of the most difficult places to get processed. Still, we're hoping for a positive outcome-- and hopefully sooner rather than later. Looking forward to hearing about others' happy endings too!
Cheers

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
bloomfield said:
High Commission of Canada

Singapore

One George Street, #11-01,
Singapore
thanks , but this is not the mailing address according to the website. and the mailing address is not for any courier.... man i am sick n tired of SG.