+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signing and labelling

Tarantino

Jan 17, 2013
The photocopies

should I sign them at the bottom or label them to say whay they are like visa stamps?

do I label front or back?

plus these barcodes do we put that one sheet on the front of her application and my one the front of my application pack

should we put all her doc in one envelope, mine in another and proofs in another then pack all together?

we don't need to photocopy more barcodes -- plus do we sign the barcode page/

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
It is easier for the VO to read the labels in the front, for photocopies it is better to have certified copies of your documents or passport pages, these can be done a notary public

Yes You arrange the forms in three packages,

Place the barcode page on top of your form and her form, so when they receive and open they can immediately scan and put the info into their databases.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
yeah certified copies, all documents that are not original can be send certified including, passports pages, birth certificates, marriage certificate and all official documents

how can the VO trust if this photocopy is forged or not, all photocopies must be certified by a third party that can see the original and then make a photocopy and put a red seal and stamp on it with paper saying that this copy is the same as the original.

This is from CIC website

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths
a notary public
a justice of the peace
Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Family members may not certify copies of your documents.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Tarantino said:
certified photocopies? I thought it only needed to be certified if it wasn't english or french
Some country-specific instructions require certified copies of other documents as well (like 2 certified testimonials of relationship from friends/family).

Make sure to read your country guide to see if anything needs to be certified in addition to the translations. Some people also feel it helps the application to certify every copy you submit... though it's not required.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Camelboy said:
yeah certified copies, all documents that are not original must be certified including, passports pages, birth certificates, marriage certificate and all official documents
This is not true. You only need to certify if they require translation.

The Checklist specifically states: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: Send photocopies of documents, unless instructed otherwise.... Photocopy of either your....

It does not state you need certified copies. Even if a document is forged, the notary will have no way of knowing. He is just confirming the name on document is indeed the person sitting in front of him.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Tarantino said:
my wife is from canada i'm from uk i don't think i need to cerify anything
Yes you do... this is from your country specific instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal
knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing

Statutory = certified/notarized.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Rob_TO said:
This is not true. You only need to certify if they require translation.

The Checklist specifically states: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: Send photocopies of documents, unless instructed otherwise.... Photocopy of either your....

It does not state you need certified copies. Even if a document is forged, the notary will have no way of knowing. He is just confirming the name on document is indeed the person sitting in front of him.
Dear Rob_TO

I think you misunderstand what certify means, it is not confirming the name on document is indeed the person sitting in front of him.
but it means confirming that the original and the photocopy are the same, anyone can bring this paper to the Notary public, not the owner only,

There is no place in the CIC that indicates a certified copies, but as you said before many people prefer if they are sending non originals then they send certified copies.

Also I am not saying that original documents can not be forged but photocopies can be easily edited,

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Camelboy said:
Dear Rob_TO

I think you misunderstand what certify means, it is not confirming the name on document is indeed the person sitting in front of him.
but it means confirming that the original and the photocopy are the same, anyone can bring this paper to the Notary public, not the owner only,

There is no place in the CIC that indicates a certified copies, but as you said before many people prefer if they are sending non originals then they send certified copies.

Also I am not saying that original documents can not be forged but photocopies can be easily edited,
Yes, very true photocopies can be more easily manipulated than originals.

However it is incorrect to say all photocopies MUST be certified. It is optional and at the discretion of the applicant. We didn't certify anything except translations, and everything was processed no problem.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Rob_TO said:
Yes you do... this is from your country specific instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal
knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing

Statutory = certified/notarized.
I've never seen the 2 statutory declarations thing before.

Urgh.

We are so boned.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
What i know is a previous experience of my cuzin who applied via Nairobi office, which they asked for certified copy of marriage certfiicate,
may be this is office dependant, for such regions were the fraud is high,
I am currently working on my application and doing all certified

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
rebecassss said:
I've never seen the 2 statutory declarations thing before.

Urgh.

We are so boned.
This is for a common-law or conjugal partner, not for married couples.