Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
canadianimmigrant.ca/news-and-views/citizenship-reform-hurts-good-immigrants-newcomers-say

More sad facts and truth.. read the above link

ab1210123

Jul 7, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
7/26/2013
Med's Request
2/12/2014
Med's Done....
2/27/2014
Feb 19, 2014
One pressing issue that no one seemed to mention, and I must bring it up, is how this will affect us refugees.

As a refugee myself, I gave up my original passport (and got a travel document) as I do not wish to use my original passport due to certain concerns.

I love Canada and its people, and I greatly appreciate the new life they provided me with, and I intend to build my future and the future of my kids here.

However, the travel document is quite limited in terms of countries I can travel to, for example, my family resides in an Arabian-gulf country which upon calling their embassy, they are happy to directly inform you that they issue no visas for Canadian refugee travel documents.

I was hoping that when I receive my PR in 10 months, I will wait for two more years and then apply for the citizenship just in order to get a valid passport with which I can visit my family and be able to travel properly which is highly needed in my field of work (International Protocol Consultancy).

I now have to wait 10 months, then 4 years, then a year for processing, before I have the freedom to visit my family or conduct business properly as the travel document greatly restricts my mobility.

I hope that, for us refugees at least, an exception is made when we furnish the evidence proving such hardships and display how such a small line in such a bill can greatly complicate life for us.

Thank you all.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijumani said:
Thanks for the support. Bringing up the link to make sure it stays easily accessible:
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/house-of-commons-in-parliament-of-canada-do-not-allow-unfair-treatment-of-former-foreign-workers-and-international-students-by-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
and i hope u refugees DO NOT get an exception!!!

traveldocumented said:
One pressing issue that no one seemed to mention, and I must bring it up, is how this will affect us refugees.

As a refugee myself, I gave up my original passport (and got a travel document) as I do not wish to use my original passport due to certain concerns.

I love Canada and its people, and I greatly appreciate the new life they provided me with, and I intend to build my future and the future of my kids here.

However, the travel document is quite limited in terms of countries I can travel to, for example, my family resides in an Arabian-gulf country which upon calling their embassy, they are happy to directly inform you that they issue no visas for Canadian refugee travel documents.

I was hoping that when I receive my PR in 10 months, I will wait for two more years and then apply for the citizenship just in order to get a valid passport with which I can visit my family and be able to travel properly which is highly needed in my field of work (International Protocol Consultancy).

I now have to wait 10 months, then 4 years, then a year for processing, before I have the freedom to visit my family or conduct business properly as the travel document greatly restricts my mobility.

I hope that, for us refugees at least, an exception is made when we furnish the evidence proving such hardships and display how such a small line in such a bill can greatly complicate life for us.

Thank you all.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maria_786 said:
No one is talkin to u dude so go away!
Dude? Really? How old are you?

Anyone who can't emphasize with genuine problems faced by refugees is pond scum. That my friend is you.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:

Anyone who can't emphasize with genuine problems faced by refugees is pond scum. That my friend is you.
Can i remind you all that it is about that this thread is about a petition?
BTW, JSM, the title was changed..perhaps now (after reading it all) you will be more inclined to sign it?

happyfacepanda

Dec 14, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
21-05-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
I am not able to sign, it says error occurred, and ask me to try later

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jsm0085 said:

I will try a bit to explain this behavior to you jsm0085. May be it helps to cool down things a bit.

A lot of tougher rules evolved by CIC were brought in because of complains they have made in particular with reference to refugees. From a government point of view, they are no valuable contribution to society and it is more like a forced addition.

Unfortunately, the worst of the people from any country get to places like Canada this way. This includes politically affiliated guys, even those with criminal records bla bla.

You might very well be a case with genuine unfortunate circumstances, but the general perception among students / workers and other immigrant lot, who work the hell out of themselves to earn a right to live and work here, just don't feel good about refugees and statistically believe that a lot of restrictions imposed on them came into being thanks to diligence of refugees, which is probably true.

Hope i just got the sentiment across and haven't stepped on the wrong foot.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....pond scum???? well, that is a DEFINITE sign of "mature" behaviour. you really are a piece of art that should be displayed in a museum.

1) genuine problems by refugees??? Hmmmmm. if they REALLY have so many issues with the country they came from, then why are they so eager to go back to visit their family. So, you mean to say that the people who are persecuting them will NOT persecute them anymore because now they have a Canadian passport. Surely, even you dont believe that. If a country or group of people in a country were baying for my blood and I managed to get out, there is no chance in hell that i would want to go back to "visit" my family.

The only reason I can think that now they would have no issues visiting is because they know that if something happens, they can demand the Canadian government to rescue them and I (and other taxpayers) will be paying for their rescue.

Now, this person here wants to travel to a different country but a country that does not accept refugee documents. So what? It was his/her choice to claim refuge in Canada (just like it was our choice to emigrate to Canada on work/study visa). Why did he/she not go to the country where the family resides? Because, if he/she is okay to visit that country now, then, it means that country is okay to visit/live in. If not, then see my above point.

So, I dont have the right to ask for Canadian citizenship on time (according to your warped logic) but you see no harm in giving them special favours.

2) I knew 3 families that were refugees and do you know what their modus operandi was? They were not interested in doing any jobs because they were loving the fact that the government is supporting them. Well, guess where the government gets their money from........my taxes. In fact, one of the ladies had even commented on how stupid I was to not have claimed refugee status. So I agree with Maria that I hope they dont get any special favours.

You have the right to hold an opinion and definitely have the right to express it but its also clearly evident that you are one of those people that do not like others having a contradicting viewpoint. GROW UP.