Sign petition: New citizenship rules affecting foreign workers

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jalex23 said:
I will tell you why I won't sign it.

Canadians (people who at least have Canadian passports) know what is best for their country. My duty as an immigrant is to respect those rules.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the change, but I have no right tell Canadians how to run their country. If I think this is too unfair or discriminatory I can go back home. Easy.
You forget that Canadians do not make the Bill. Government makes the Bill. Canadians do not vote on the Bill, Members of Parliament are. And it is YOUR duty as "wanna" be Canadian to be active and influence Canada's laws. As a PR or temporary resident you are eligible for certain rights, including free speech which is exactly what this petition is.
I am not calling to go for the streets or make strikes, am I? Also not saying that I or anyone else should decide what is right for the country. I am calling for democratic way to raise your voice and to be heard. Speak with your local MP's, let them see our part of the story and then they will discuss and decide on the new law.
Makes sense? I hope we can get your vote.

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
Sashili .. it is not late.. this is just a proposed act.

Fot those who krep arguing and defending the act.. read this article.. i believe it will make u have fear and worry yourself from this ACT

http://m.thestar.com/#!/opinion/citizenship-reforms-a-serious-threat-to-rights-of-all-canadians/2c74a86a5c018a1483fb96fb19fc85ac

With this law.. after u become citizen.. if u go out of canada to work or study .. they can easily revoke ur citizenship. Do they force Canadiams who are born here to live and work only inside canada for their whole life?
if someone does a crime, he is supposed to be sent to court , not to have his citizenship revoked!!
if the minister say .. u have an intent to leave Canada after u become citizen.. so i will not agree on giving u citizenship, it is his right!!

Isn't this simply a discremnation against immigrant Candaians!!

Please guys wake up and do not keep defending laws that are obviously unfair..

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
torontosm said:
If that is really true, then I suggest you file a complaint for discrimination. It is not legal for any company to deny you a job simply because you are a PR vs. a citizen, unless of course it is a matter of national security or something similar. Here is a link from OHRC and Clause (i) covers this point:

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/iii-principles-and-concepts/3-grounds-discrimination-definitions-and-scope-protection
CSIS only hires Canadian citizens.

I was myself told that I am not eligible for a job because my experience does not align with the experience they are looking for. This is said after I have been interviewed by the HR, the team lead, the manager and the CIO in GTA area.

Suddenly Montreal HR calls after all this and this is the response after they come to know I am on work permit and did not study in Canada.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maza said:

Fot those who krep arguing and defending the act.. read this article.. i believe it will make u have fear and worry yourself from this ACT

http://m.thestar.com/#!/opinion/citizenship-reforms-a-serious-threat-to-rights-of-all-canadians/2c74a86a5c018a1483fb96fb19fc85ac

With this law.. after u become citizen.. if u go out of canada to work or study .. they can easily revoke ur citizenship. Do they force Canadiams who are born here to live and work only inside canada for their whole life?
if someone does a crime, he is supposed to be sent to court , not to have his citizenship revoked!!
if the minister say .. u have an intent to leave Canada after u become citizen.. so i will not agree on giving u citizenship, it is his right!!

It is funny that you are trying to convince me on my own thread, but you have succeeded , Sir :)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
dbss said:
CSIS only hires Canadian citizens.

I was myself told that I am eligible for a job because my experience does not align with the experience they are looking for. This is said after I have been interviewed by the HR, the team lead, the manager and the CIO in GTA area.

Suddenly Montreal HR calls after all this and this is the response after they come to know I am on work permit and did not study in Canada.
Come on...you can't serious expect to get a job in a sovereign country's intelligence unit as a foreigner, and claim discrimination when they don't employ you! This has nothing to do with the new citizenship rules in any way. Surely there are plenty of private companies who will hire you.

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
I am not trying to convince you.. i am saying.. it is not that they ask us for more years.. it is a huge discrmination against us as PR and future immigrant Canadians and on current immigrant Canadians too.. the whole Act is wrong.. the minister instead of focusing on how tomake processing faster and find out who really is missing up amd not physocally in Canada.. he is trying to put all power in his hands, and on becoming the only one who can grant or revoke citizenship.

How would one ever feel secure and have stability in his life here in the future? Judging someone's future intent?? This is very unfair..

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Er... they won't (and can't) revoke your citizenship once you have it, unless you have done something particularly dreadful (terrorism etc) AND you remain a dual citizen of your original country. To think otherwise is reading way too much into the "intent to reside" provision.

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
LPS said:
Er... they won't (and can't) revoke your citizenship once you have it, unless you have done something particularly dreadful (terrorism etc) AND you remain a dual citizen of your original country. To think otherwise is reading way too much into the "intent to reside" provision.
What make u so sire they wont imply it on anyone who gets a work contract outside and leave to work?? If they do not want to imply it what are they in the first place trying to propose it then? It is like giving someone a weapon and saying, it is ok as i am sure he won't use it!!

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
torontosm said:
Come on...you can't serious expect to get a job in a sovereign country's intelligence unit as a foreigner, and claim discrimination when they don't employ you! This has nothing to do with the new citizenship rules in any way. Surely there are plenty of private companies who will hire you.
lol..I was just informing..

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Statement from the opposition party, NDP:
http://www.ndp.ca/news/conservatives-failing-citizenship-and-immigration

I liked how they said “Instead of giving himself more power, the Minister should focus on helping thousands of families still waiting to reunite.” :p

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
maza said:
What make u so sire they wont imply it on anyone who gets a work contract outside and leave to work?? If they do not want to imply it what are they in the first place trying to propose it then? It is like giving someone a weapon and saying, it is ok as i am sure he won't use it!!
Well, I'm not a lawyer but...

Canada has ratified the treaty on the reduction of statelessness, which provides for the deprivation of citizenship only in particularly grave circumstances. Living and working overseas is clearly not one of them.

The "intent to reside" is a pledge that is not likely to have any practical effect.

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Have you guys seen this page?

What people are saying about Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=814639

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
ferna said:
Have you guys seen this page?

What people are saying about Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=814639
This is the government's site, and when they publish these comments, they indirectly admit that the Act is not popular amongst Canadians and. They think they can control media and stop other people from expressing their worries and concerns from this Proposed Act. Do they think they are ruling a third world country? :D

I am actually more comfortable now seeing this, as it reflects how much resistance and criticism they are under right now :D ;D

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
maza said:
This is the government's site, and when they publish these comments, they indirectly admit that the Act is not popular amongst Canadians and. They think they can control media and stop other people from expressing their worries and concerns from this Proposed Act. Do they think they are ruling a third world country? :D

I am actually more comfortable now seeing this, as it reflects how much resistance and criticism they are under right now :D ;D
Wow, you got all of that from a page full of praise for the Bill?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maza said:

I didn't defend the act as a whole, I defended the time prior to PR component.

I'm happy to see that someone is actually looking at the more pressing issue with the bill, that is the minister will have the power to revoke citizenship from dual citizens... This is a HUGE issue and gives way for 2 tiers of citizens...