+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling points query

lalalulela

May 27, 2019
Received ita for the previous draw and I have a confusion regarding sibling in Canada. I'v selected to travel with spouse. In the family details section I had mentioned that we both have siblings with Canadian PR status. Now, my wife's brother resides in Canada and my sister has done only soft landing. Documents to be uploaded related to my wife are all done including her brother's PR status and other related documents. Now my question is that whether I too should upload her brother's documents in my list of attachments to claim sibling points or should I upload my sister's document and mention that she has done only soft landing? Kindly advise me on this

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It's clear that the sibling has to be living in Canada, so you cannot claim points for your sister, so don't bother with her.

It doesn't matter where your wife's brother's documents are uploaded, as long as you are both in the same application, it's OK.

lalalulela

May 27, 2019
It's clear that the sibling has to be living in Canada, so you cannot claim points for your sister, so don't bother with her.

It doesn't matter where your wife's brother's documents are uploaded, as long as you are both in the same application, it's OK.
Dear bellaluna,

I myself am the primary applicant here. Wife is accompanying. So it's allowed for me to upload wife's brother's PR documents into my list also?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Dear bellaluna,

I myself am the primary applicant here. Wife is accompanying. So it's allowed for me to upload wife's brother's PR documents into my list also?
As stated on the IRCC website, the sibling of the spouse or common law partner of the primary applicant should be accepted, as long as they meet all the criteria listed:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1318&top=29

Again, the very first criterion is "living in Canada", so your sister cannot be considered. If your wife's brother-in-law fits all of them, sure.