+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I submit my volunteership docs as well with my application as work docs?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hello ,

I am going to submit my application very soon. I have always remained a home maker during the last 4 years alongwith a full time student from the last one year . However during that period I did volunteer for some organizations which I have mentioned in my citizenship application form as well. As I do not have any work docs except my NOAs so I am submitting my education records only .

Kindly advise should I submit my volunteership letters issued by different organizations as well with my application or leave them until CIC asks it itself in future.. !

Thanks

Quebectau

Jun 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you should send as long as you have documents from the company/organization.

I have one friend that put some volunteer work in his apps, and they gave him a very hard time..
So he got on RQ and needed to send all the documents related to this volunteer work!

Good luck! ;D

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Quebectau said:
Yes you should send as long as you have documents from the company/organization.

I have one friend that put some volunteer work in his apps, and they gave him a very hard time..
So he got on RQ and needed to send all the documents related to this volunteer work!

Good luck! ;D
Ohh really :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:...For sure I am going to send these docs.

Thanks for sharing

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The volunteer letters better be on official letterhead, detail your role, exact times attended, duration of attendance and be signed by the relevant senior person preferably whomever is in charge of your actual program and/or their boss. Note that like employment not all volunteering is equal - if you volunteered with a bonafide organization that acts in compliance with Canadian law, is reputable, well known, has clarity of purpose with visible results then it carries more substance than some mom and pops set up.

If you are sending generic letters of Mr/Mrs/Miss so and so was a volunteer at organization Y then you may just get an RQ!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Msafiri said:
The volunteer letters better be on official letterhead, detail your role, exact times attended, duration of attendance and be signed by the relevant senior person preferably whomever is in charge of your actual program and/or their boss. Note that like employment not all volunteering is equal - if you volunteered with a bonafide organization that acts in compliance with Canadian law, is reputable, well known, has clarity of purpose with visible results then it carries more substance than some mom and pops set up.

If you are sending generic letters of Mr/Mrs/Miss so and so was a volunteer at organization Y then you may just get an RQ!

Thank you so much for your very detailed and informative response . Sure I will try to submit letters which could fulfill the above mentioned requirements . Besides, I volunteered with the organizations which are non-profit ,serve immigrants only and receive funding from CIC itself so I do hope that the letters will be accepted by CIC .

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm about to submit my application too. But I don't understand should I send all work document or just mentioned in my citizen application?
merci