+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I say I'm going to visit a personal friend or a boyfriend?

lechatnoir

Nov 12, 2011
Is it true that if I write I'm going to visit my boyfriend I will have to provide pics, emails, etc.. ??? I do have that but, how can that prove someone will return to their home country? I read that in another post... Please!!! Answers from experts are welcome

Kurisuti

Nov 2, 2011
I'd say the truth, IE: that you're visiting your boyfriend, but that's up to you.

They are more concerned with how long you're going to stay. Proof of employment, funds, property, return ticket (ie: ties to the US) will help with that. Only pack what you absolutely need.
They WILL call your boyfriend, possibly your place of work, so make sure they're up for that.

As for pics and emails, those are used for Permanent Residency applications generally, to show proof of relationship.

quel

Nov 21, 2011
lechatnoir said:
Anyone with an answer? Thank you

hi like she asking i want it to know if i am visit my boyfriend what are the documents need to produce? thanks and more power!!

lechatnoir

Nov 12, 2011
I have good news! I have my TRV approved yesterday in Paris. I wrote I was going to visit my boyfriend. I'm going next month! He is in Paris with me. He came from Canada to see how the visa was going to go!

Good luck to the rest that are applying!!!