+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I leave my job ..........

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the onset, I greatly appreciate any recommendations you could provide and thank you in advance for your responses:

- Currently residing in the US, I am in my final stages of the Canadian immigration process (status here close to expiring) with only proof of funds needed to be submitted (will do so at the end of the month)

- Company about to do layoffs, offering VSP (voluntary separation packages). I am not worried about losing the job but I would like to know estimated time between when final docs are submitted, passports requested and returned. Being processed in the Buffalo office. What is the allotted time?

- My preference would be to take the package knowing I could immigrate this summer, if it takes longer then I wouldn't as I am trying to do this around the school year.

Kindly advise

sairaghav1234

Mar 12, 2010
Re: Difficult decision to make........

Hello,

Sorry, you had to go thru this.

If you are on H1, is there a way you could take the package from your exisiting company and work on other options - collecting social security or do a transfer to another company (am just throwing options) or get a transfer to canada if they have a business operation.

OR, if your situations allows you, try doing some couse in any Canada universities as per your education like PMP, PgMP etc which will anyway help you in future.

As for the Buffalo timelines, can you please furnish your timeline here:)

all the best in whatever you decide

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your response sairaghav1234, I will update my profile with my timeline. That's my quandry as some of my friends in Canada recommends to take the package and start my job hunt immediately (have the MBA, working on the CMA and the experience). I just don't want to be sitting home using up the package to cover living expenses. I want to get a sense of how long the final stages take. If it is 3-4 months great! If longer then I would have to consider something else.

irshad2005

Feb 22, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
18-02-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2010
Hey Buddy,

These are some decision of life which sometime do comes on some1 or the another and he has to take a difficult decision.
As of your case buddy you need to check the amount of package you will get if you take a VRS and after taking VRS what will you do and what options do u get.
Will you get another job or do some small business or something.
If you are not getting a good offer in VRS and your package is good then try to stick in your company as much as possible till they don't fire you.
And BTW whats your status on the Visa Process ?