+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your WES timelines for 2017

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
@tempmaha , Are u sure that this message "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)." is that the docs are accepted?

I think they are still to accept the docs.

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
@tempmaha , Are u sure that this message "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)." is that the docs are accepted?

I think they are still to accept the docs.
I am sorry about my earlier reply. I thought your documents are under evaluation.
"We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)." means WES checking your all documents as per your degree or degrees. If they need more documents, they will request you to submit those too. If your documents are good for evaluation, then they will change the status to "Under Evaluation". then all the steps will follow as I mention on my previous reply.

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
I am sorry about my earlier reply. I thought your documents are under evaluation.
"We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)." means WES checking your all documents as per your degree or degrees. If they need more documents, they will request you to submit those too. If your documents are good for evaluation, then they will change the status to "Under Evaluation". then all the steps will follow as I mention on my previous reply.
No problem mate. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have to wait it seems, but dont know for how long :(

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
You have to either send a transcript or marksheets for all year which is attested by university registrar or controller of examination and the same needs to be sealed in university envelope with their stamp.

along with these you also need to send a copy of degree certificate and it does not require any attestation or sealing.
I don't think the attested copies of mark sheets have to be in the Official Envelope of the University, it can be a regular envelope too. WES doesn't say anything like that (the official one). All that is needed is that the envelope must be sealed, stamped on the back flap along with signature and date. Am I wrong?

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys, just want to share a few tips about the ECA with WES:
1) There is no harm in sending couple's documents within the same envelope to WES. I sent within the post's envolope 6 other envelopes: Graduation, post graduation and translations from my wife and myself. Just make sure every envelope has it's name and reference number.
2) There is no need to due anything with the translations, just send color copies from it to WES. There is no need to authenticate the copies with any local authority.
3) Depending on your country, you can save even more on freight costs by sending the documents via EMS instead of courier (Fedex, DHL and such). I used it for my documents and it had tracking number and arrived in there in just 4 days.
4) You can use Google Hangouts for free calls to Canada and USA from anywhere in the world from you Phone or PC. Use it. WES takes too long to update the site. My documents were received on september 27 or 28 and it was updated only on october 10. I called them many times and just now they advised me that my documents were approved and that may report is due to october 27. Their site still says they are checking if documents were OK.
Yes, they take too long to answer you on the phone (half hour + waiting times) but since that the call is free with Google Hangouts, just let it be while you do other things.
Now I just have to hope they deliver it by october 27 so I can receive the ITA on november. Wish me luck
Thank you! This was really informative.

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Can anyone suggest me that what type to choose in "Field of Study" profile? I have studied my 3 years Bachelor degree with Maths, Physics and Computer Science. I created my EE profile with "Computing/Information Technology" as Field of Study. now I am not sure whether it is correct or not? and My wife has studied her 3 years Bachelor degree with Botany Chemistry Computer application and Chosen the "Computing/Information Technology" as Field of Study. Could you please suggest me

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
wasn't expecting this, but after two emails in 3 days, WES updated my status from "We are waiting for your documents" to "We received your Documents"... that too, on a Saturday. and the game starts...

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi, can anyone tell me what this means?

https://ibb.co/mNYsRR

Like have they accepted my documents????
I'm at the same stage and this status means that they have received the documents. They'll check for document completion and inform you in case they need more documents. Once, they are sure that all the documents are received as per the requirements, they'll change the status to "Evaluation in Progress" and that's when the actual evaluation and the timeline start.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
wasn't expecting this, but after two emails in 3 days, WES updated my status from "We are waiting for your documents" to "We received your Documents"... that too, on a Saturday. and the game starts...
So its at reviewing the documents, but not accepted?

When did u send the docs?

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
So its at reviewing the documents, but not accepted?

When did u send the docs?
They take 3-4 days to check/accept the documents.
I sent the documents on 16th and the packet was delivered to WES on 18th. Status changed to "We received your documents" on 21st.

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
I was finally able to get a tracking number from WES after messaging them many times on their Facebook page and website! :)
Good thing too, as I'd rather use the hard copy when I'm going to upload my documents.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
They take 3-4 days to check/accept the documents.
I sent the documents on 16th and the packet was delivered to WES on 18th. Status changed to "We received your documents" on 21st.
Do they accepted the docs or received and under review?