+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share ur thoughts on university of new Brunswick

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hi

Could someone please share your thoughts and give your honest feedback
On the MBA program in the university of new Brunswick in terms of everything.
How are the job opportunities once we are done with the course.
Please please help me out!!!!

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
very small city, no provincial nominee, and very few job chances...

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
manoj katta said:
Can you please tell me what do you mean by provincial nominee
Hi Manoj,

If you are looking for place where you can earn a degree in normal price and you can move later to another province for job its good..... PNP is provincial nominee program.. every province of Canada has their own PNP you can apply for the PR after finishing ur studies in some of the pnp and some with 3-12 months experience... Newbrunswick do no offer PNP... but you can move to other province to get a job because most of the pnp do not ask the student to be graduate from same province.... so no issues

JQUNB

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Manoj,

As being one of the current international MBA candidates enrolled at UNB Fredericton, following are just a few quick thoughts of mine and if anything unclear, sure follow up with me.

University/City Life - UNB Fredericton is located right in the capital city of the province of New Brunswick. There are a variety of things to do throughout the year either on or off campus.

Degree/concentrations - This is the link that takes you directly to our MBA program at UNB Fredericton. w ww.unb.ca/fredericton/business/mba/index.html As you will see, there are a number of concentrations/(joint) programs that you can get yourself involved in depending on your personal preference.

Class size - This really varies depending on whether or not the course is a general mandatory course. It ranges from as low as 3-4 to as high as 30 students.

Career choices - As you may or may not be aware of this, economically speaking, Atlantic Canada is somewhat "shielded" to a large extent comparing to other regions across the country. We saw this when the last economy crisis happened, the impact from such on Atlantic Canada was relatively smaller than the rest of the country due to the special economical structure here in the Maritimes. Moreover, both industrial and governmental jobs can be seen offering throughout the year as Fredericton is the Capital city of New Brunswick.

Immigration accessibility - I strongly believe that New Brunswick has been and is still providing the "Provincial Nominee Program" that allows people from other countries to become an immigrant here in Canada. If you are interested, please do check out their website. Here's the link: www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201044.html

Again Manoj, above are just some quick facts about the city itself and our program. If you need more information directly related to the MBA program, sure let me know and I will try to hook you up with our university people who may have some better insights than I do.

Best luck with your studies!

JQ

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Thanks a ton for your valuable information jqunb...I am planning to apply for the saint john campus for 2013 int
I have been in touch with the admission counseler there regarding the admission process and stuf.
But it is always good to get the details from the
Current or passed outs....my main question is
1. How are the job opportunities once done with the MBA program in the university.
2. Is the degree a recognized one.
3. Hope there is no thing such as recession going on there in Canada.
4.is it worth doing a 1 year course rather than 2 years once.
5. Are the internships paid.
6. Is there a pnp or no.

If you answer these questions it would really be more than helpful

scraig

Mar 20, 2013
Hi JQ,
Great answers, I am a recruiter at UNB and thought answer some of the easier questions. The university is a public institution and therefore the degree is recognized across North America. The internships are generally paid, and as JQ mentioned there is a PNP program. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at scraig@unb.ca if you need any additional information.

Sarah

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sarah

Could you please elaborate what do you mean by recruiter at unb? And what benefits can an international student have through a recruiter?

Also put some light on PNP as this is asked very frequently?

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
@scraig..

Thanks a lot craig..for ur info could you also please throw some light regarding the PNP ..coz most of them keep telling that New Brunswick does not have a PNP..

One final question is if you could please detail me about the job opportunities out there and especially once done with the course that would really be helpful.

JQUNB

Mar 19, 2013
Hi manoj,

1. I am 100% positive that the Province of New Brunswick is still offering the PNP and is available to anybody who is qualified to apply. I have provided you in my last post their office website. I encourage you to check it out to have a real look at it yourself. Here's their link again: w ww2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201044.html

2. With respect to job opportunities, any government jobs with the Province of New Brunswick are usually posted on its official website. Here's link: www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/gateways/employment.html
For any private sector jobs though, this varies highly depending on the industry itself. Just to give you an idea. This is one of the many job sites employers visit to post their job ads here in NB. Have a look... w ww.careerbeacon.com/bhn/index.html

Best luck,
JQ

tiger007

Champion Member
Nadeem_jee said:
Hi Manoj,

PNP is provincial nominee program.. every province of Canada has their own PNP you can apply for the PR after finishing ur studies in some of the pnp and some with 3-12 months experience... Newbrunswick do no offer PNP... but you can move to other province to get a job because most of the pnp do not ask the student to be graduate from same province.... so no issues

Correct. He is reffering to the Provincial Nominee program specifically for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, passing out from eductaional institues based in NB or in other provinces of Canada.

JQUNB said:
1. I am 100% positive that the Province of New Brunswick is still offering the PNP and is available to anybody who is qualified to apply. I have provided you in my last post their office website. I encourage you to check it out to have a real look at it yourself. Here's their link again: w ww2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201044.html

Hi,

The PNP you are mentioning about is... the SKILLED WORKER PNP in NB, which is difficult and is points based. Ofcourse, by studying in NB, one can get points, but again it's a skilled worker scheme much like the FSW.(http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201044.html)
NB does not offer ANY PNP specifically designed for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (or Student PNP). Student PNPs and federal CEC are direct, not points based (except for Quebec regular student stream) and facilitates much faster processing of PR, and often is easier than the tedious points based skileld worker routes like the FSW and NB SW. Currently, apart from the Canadian territories, only the provinces of NB and NS do not offer any kind of specific PNP for international students.

Here are the provinces which offer specifically PNPs/immigration programs for international students (apart from the federal CEC):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.60.html
(update March 2013)

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Thanks a ton tiger for your information which was really useful.

Could you tell me if I had to study in NB in UNB saint john , what are the options I have with me If I want to stay back in canada and work.

1. consider if I get a job in NB what are my chances and what shld I do coz it does not have a PNP.

2. What are the other alternatives if I dont get a job there, But wanna stay back in canada.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
manoj katta said:

Could you tell me if I had to study in NB in UNB saint john , what are the options I have with me If I want to stay back in canada and work.

1. consider if I get a job in NB what are my chances and what shld I do coz it does not have a PNP.

2. What are the other alternatives if I dont get a job there, But wanna stay back in canada.

1. If you get a job, you need full time permanent job, 1 year experience. You can apply through Employer support or Canadian Experience Class. Check Link

http://www.welcomenb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/petl-epft/PDF/PopGrowth/GuideSWApplicantsEmployerSupport.pdf

2. If Not, then you can move anywhere in Canada, and where ever you move try that province's PNP program for International students.

The list for PNP program has been made by tiger(Thanks to him).

tiger007

Champion Member
manoj katta said:

Hi,

In my opinion the safest thing you should do is..to first make sure you have adequate time to remain in Canada after completion of the course, so as to pursue immigration. It would be best if you could get a 3 years PGWP.. but make sure you get ATLEAST 2 years or more of PGWP. If you do any recognized course of 2 academic years/ 4 semesters/ minimum 16 months of actual study... then you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP.

Then, as stated my the member - "ms.mech";
You may choose to work in ANY province (outside Quebec) including NB... in ANY skilled full time job, work for 1 year and then apply for PR under federal CEC
OR
Move to another province offering student PNP (except Quebec), work there anywhere between 6-12 months in a skilled/unskilled job and after meeting the eligibility criteria, apply for PR under 1 of the many international student PNPs of that particular province.

Best of Luck

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
manoj katta said:
Hi

Could someone please share your thoughts and give your honest feedback
On the MBA program in the university of new Brunswick in terms of everything.
How are the job opportunities once we are done with the course.
Please please help me out!!!!
UNB is one of the oldest universities in Canada and well recognized, but their MBA prgrm is not in the top league and not a very popular one. Usually it is up to the student to get jobs post MBA and on an avg it will take 3-4 months before you land yourself a decent job. Though cost wise it is very attractive, but it should be your back up option incase you don't get anywhere.