+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share ur thoughts on university of new Brunswick

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

In my opinion the safest thing you should do is..to first make sure you have adequate time to remain in Canada after completion of the course, so as to pursue immigration. It would be best if you could get a 3 years PGWP.. but make sure you get ATLEAST 2 years or more of PGWP. If you do any recognized course of 2 academic years/ 4 semesters/ minimum 16 months of actual study... then you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP.

Then, as stated my the member - "ms.mech";
You may choose to work in ANY province (outside Quebec) including NB... in ANY skilled full time job, work for 1 year and then apply for PR under federal CEC
OR
Move to another province offering student PNP (except Quebec), work there anywhere between 6-12 months in a skilled/unskilled job and after meeting the eligibility criteria, apply for PR under 1 of the many international student PNPs of that particular province.

Best of Luck

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Hi,

So you are suggesting that it will not be a good option to opt for a 1yr MBA program, as 1yr is short time to get a PNP/PR and it will be risky?
Thing is I got a admit in HEC Montreal 1yr MBA progrm. As you must be aware that its one of the best MBA colleges, but I'm little skeptical due to 1yr duration and Quebec province.
Will be a right choice given that it is HEC, my priority would be to get PNP/PR post my education in Canada.
Kindly suggest.......

tiger007

Champion Member
cute_guy said:
Hi,

So you are suggesting that it will not be a good option to opt for a 1yr MBA program, as 1yr is short time to get a PNP/PR and it will be risky?
Thing is I got a admit in HEC Montreal 1yr MBA progrm. As you must be aware that its one of the best MBA colleges, but I'm little skeptical due to 1yr duration and Quebec province.
Will be a right choice given that it is HEC, my priority would be to get PNP/PR post my education in Canada.
Kindly suggest.......
Hi,

I suggested to go for the maximum possible duration of 3 years PGWP, keeping in mind the uncertainties after passing out from UNB MBA, in a province like NB, where the unemployment rate is substantially higher. The suggestion is purely generic in nature, and in no way tries to measure or indicate your actual potential and the real life scenario you may face. For example, you may do well, find a skilled job right after MBA, succeed in career and PR will automatically come or you may unfortunately not be able to find a skilled job...and be forced to look for jobs elsewhere. So keeping in mind the worst possible scenario, and your PR goals in mind, I suggested, generally it's safest to have a 3 years PGWP...so as to give you more than enough time to pursue your PR goals after studies, especially when you are doing an average MBA in a province where unemployment rate is high.
Now, if you are confident on your capabilities, then you may rely on a 1 year PGWP, and then try your luck. It's really upto you.

Usually, students of premier universities/MBA schools, do not worry about PR (no matter what the length of course), and they focus solely on career and try their best to get a skilled job. Once they get a good paying skilled job, even if they have 1 year PGWP... PR automatically follows under CEC.
HEC Montreal is a world class MBA school, and no one should miss an opportunity to study there. 1 year PGWP is NOT the issue here.
However.. since PR is your main goal... let me tell you that, Quebec immigration rules are very different, and depending upon the circumstances it can be VERY EASY to get CSQ(Quebec nomination) and then PR.. or VERY TOUGH/impossible to get CSQ and PR.
The thing is, once you go to Quebec... the rules are all together different. Unless you move out of Quebec and do a skilled job in some other province, till then you will NOT be eligible to apply for PR under federal CEC and if you stay in Quebec, unfortunately chances of PR is very slim, even with a skilled job and HEC MBA..as the points based regular students immigration programme is based on Quebec skilled worker model and unless you have a specific Quebec certificate/diploma/degree which is in demand (mostly Bachelors and vocational diplomas) and have 16 or 12 points allotted for it under the Area of Training, it will be impossible for you to apply for CSQ and PR. So..it can be very difficult. Of course, you can learn French, work for a year and build up points and see... if you can qualify with 55 points or not... but chances are slim. Here's the list of Area of training as per Quebec govt. - www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/.../list-training.pdf
At the same time, getting CSQ and PR can be VERY EASY... in Quebec after a Master degree, if you can show intermediate level proficiency in French language, i.e clear the DELF B1 level (level 3) exam with required marks of at least 16/25 (in Listening and Speaking) and combined with other 2 sections of Reading and Writing score overall at least 50/100. If you can do that... learn intermediate level French... then DIRECT CSQ after Master degree and then PR under PEQ Quebec graduate scheme. No job offer or working time or any funds to show. Nothing. No Questions asked. So.. PR point of view, either learn DELF B1 level French OR be sure that you can bag a skilled job outside Quebec province (so as to qualify for PR under CEC/other PNP), after studying in HEC Montreal.
Again, this suggestion is generic in nature, and since I do not know details about your background/work history/profile... I cannot comment as to what the real life situation may be.

Still, given HEC Montreal's reputation, I will strongly suggest you to go for MBA at HEC, and simultaneously start learning French. You have enough time from now till Sept. to learn level 1 French and clear the DELF A1 exam. Once in Montreal... over the course of 1 year, you can easily learn level 2 and level 3- DLEF A2 and DELF B1 level exams. Even if it takes longer than 1 year, still... you can start working on PGWP and keep learning French and after clearing DELF B1 level intermediate French proficiency, you can apply for CSQ and then PR. The best part is Quebec won't change it's rules any time soon and even if it say... takes another 6-10 months after course while working in Quebec on PGWP... to learn French, you can submit your CSQ application, get it within 20 days...and be allowed to remain in Quebec with your CSQ (till your PR comes), even if your PGWP expires... provided you are doing a job in your field. Not to mention, Quebec govt. offers free courses in French for new immigrants and potential immigrants (like international students). So, if you can take the pain to learn French... while studying in HEC, it would be the best move for your career as well as getting PR.

I think it will be utter foolishness to leave HEC MBA and join average MBA at UNB, just because you are not willing to learn intermediate level French.

Another option... if you are NOT willing to learn French... apart from the UNB MBA and HEC MBA, You can try getting admission to other good MBA schools outside Quebec.. preferably in prestigious schools as comparable to HEC and then pursue immigration under CEC or other PNP.

Hope it helps.

Best of Luck.

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

I suggested to go for the maximum possible duration of 3 years PGWP, keeping in mind the uncertainties after passing out from UNB MBA, in a province like NB, where the unemployment rate is substantially higher. The suggestion is purely generic in nature, and in no way tries to measure or indicate your actual potential and the real life scenario you may face. For example, you may do well, find a skilled job right after MBA, succeed in career and PR will automatically come or you may unfortunately not be able to find a skilled job...and be forced to look for jobs elsewhere. So keeping in mind the worst possible scenario, and your PR goals in mind, I suggested, generally it's safest to have a 3 years PGWP...so as to give you more than enough time to pursue your PR goals after studies, especially when you are doing an average MBA in a province where unemployment rate is high.
Now, if you are confident on your capabilities, then you may rely on a 1 year PGWP, and then try your luck. It's really upto you.

Usually, students of premier universities/MBA schools, do not worry about PR (no matter what the length of course), and they focus solely on career and try their best to get a skilled job. Once they get a good paying skilled job, even if they have 1 year PGWP... PR automatically follows under CEC.
HEC Montreal is a world class MBA school, and no one should miss an opportunity to study there. 1 year PGWP is NOT the issue here.
However.. since PR is your main goal... let me tell you that, Quebec immigration rules are very different, and depending upon the circumstances it can be VERY EASY to get CSQ(Quebec nomination) and then PR.. or VERY TOUGH/impossible to get CSQ and PR.
The thing is, once you go to Quebec... the rules are all together different. Unless you move out of Quebec and do a skilled job in some other province, till then you will NOT be eligible to apply for PR under federal CEC and if you stay in Quebec, unfortunately chances of PR is very slim, even with a skilled job and HEC MBA..as the points based regular students immigration programme is based on Quebec skilled worker model and unless you have a specific Quebec certificate/diploma/degree which is in demand (mostly Bachelors and vocational diplomas) and have 16 or 12 points allotted for it under the Area of Training, it will be impossible for you to apply for CSQ and PR. So..it can be very difficult. Of course, you can learn French, work for a year and build up points and see... if you can qualify with 55 points or not... but chances are slim. Here's the list of Area of training as per Quebec govt. - www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/.../list-training.pdf
At the same time, getting CSQ and PR can be VERY EASY... in Quebec after a Master degree, if you can show intermediate level proficiency in French language, i.e clear the DELF B1 level (level 3) exam with required marks of at least 16/25 (in Listening and Speaking) and combined with other 2 sections of Reading and Writing score overall at least 50/100. If you can do that... learn intermediate level French... then DIRECT CSQ after Master degree and then PR under PEQ Quebec graduate scheme. No job offer or working time or any funds to show. Nothing. No Questions asked. So.. PR point of view, either learn DELF B1 level French OR be sure that you can bag a skilled job outside Quebec province (so as to qualify for PR under CEC/other PNP), after studying in HEC Montreal.
Again, this suggestion is generic in nature, and since I do not know details about your background/work history/profile... I cannot comment as to what the real life situation may be.

Still, given HEC Montreal's reputation, I will strongly suggest you to go for MBA at HEC, and simultaneously start learning French. You have enough time from now till Sept. to learn level 1 French and clear the DELF A1 exam. Once in Montreal... over the course of 1 year, you can easily learn level 2 and level 3- DLEF A2 and DELF B1 level exams. Even if it takes longer than 1 year, still... you can start working on PGWP and keep learning French and after clearing DELF B1 level intermediate French proficiency, you can apply for CSQ and then PR. The best part is Quebec won't change it's rules any time soon and even if it say... takes another 6-10 months after course while working in Quebec on PGWP... to learn French, you can submit your CSQ application, get it within 20 days...and be allowed to remain in Quebec with your CSQ (till your PR comes), even if your PGWP expires... provided you are doing a job in your field. Not to mention, Quebec govt. offers free courses in French for new immigrants and potential immigrants (like international students). So, if you can take the pain to learn French... while studying in HEC, it would be the best move for your career as well as getting PR.

I think it will be utter foolishness to leave HEC MBA and join average MBA at UNB, just because you are not willing to learn intermediate level French.

Another option... if you are NOT willing to learn French... apart from the UNB MBA and HEC MBA, You can try getting admission to other good MBA schools outside Quebec.. preferably in prestigious schools as comparable to HEC and then pursue immigration under CEC or other PNP.

Hope it helps.

Best of Luck.

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Thanks Tiger ....+1 from myside for such a detailed reply. Will keep ur suggestions in mind before taking any decision.

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
@cute _ guy,

Mate just tell me one thing did u get the admission into UNB MBA program and what are the other options you have apart from this .
If u are from India could you please give me ur no , I would really like to call you to give and take information !!!

Thanks

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
manoj katta said:
@ cute _ guy,

Mate just tell me one thing did u get the admission into UNB MBA program and what are the other options you have apart from this .
If u are from India could you please give me ur no , I would really like to call you to give and take information !!!

Thanks
Bro, kindly post ur queries here,so that others could also benefit.
As far as UNB is concerned, pls see my post and also U can draw inference from Tiger's reply.
Also use linkedIn to contact students of colleges to get honest and true picture about the program you are applying.

I have admits from Telfer(UOttawa) and HEC Montreal; UNB have applied recently, but they will offer as told to me in pre-assement and awaiting Uvic's MBA (Gustavson MBA).

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reply to all,

Kindly tell me I have heard that in Ontario immegration is very easy as if we complete a masters degree according to the official provincial site, we do not require any job and can direct apply for PNP?is it true kindly give a detailed reply as my plan is to go NB due to low fee, but I have an admission of uni of ottawa engineering management, what should I prefere if I want p.r urgent?

tiger007

Champion Member
Can.ott said:
Reply to all,

Kindly tell me I have heard that in Ontario immegration is very easy as if we complete a masters degree according to the official provincial site, we do not require any job and can direct apply for PNP?is it true kindly give a detailed reply as my plan is to go NB due to low fee, but I have an admission of uni of ottawa engineering management, what should I prefere if I want p.r urgent?
Hi,

None of the immigration programs out there is "Very easy". It's just that some are more difficult than the other's.

Ontario master's PNP is in reality quiet risky. One cannot totally rely for on Ontario Master's stream. Reasons - 1st only 1000 applicants are accepted every year (which can be very difficult, considering so many Master graduates come out of Ontraio based univesities every year) and 2nd.. it's a PILOT program, means can shut down any time and not to mention, there are many conditions attatched to it like showing 11,086$ in your bank account for past 6 months. It's better to focus on one's career and try getting a skilled job..so that one can easily without worry apply for PR under CEC. For PR, one should also consider Sasketechwan, as Master degree holders there get direct nomination by showing ONLY 10,000$ AT THE END of the course or showing 6 months work ex as T.A etc.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@tiger
Isn't the program at sasketchwan a pilot prog? And yeah you are rite about Ontario my friend told me about a protest at ottawa uni of international students regarding this PNP issue.

Is there also a issue with university? Like if I graduate from UNB my chances of job as compared to UBC Is less?

tiger007

Champion Member
Can.ott said:
@ tiger
Isn't the program at sasketchwan a pilot prog? And yeah you are rite about Ontario my friend told me about a protest at ottawa uni of international students regarding this PNP issue.

Is there also a issue with university? Like if I graduate from UNB my chances of job as compared to UBC Is less?
Hi,

Sasketechwan student PNP program is NOT a pilot program. To know more see: http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

In general, the more reputed and higher ranked the university is, it is better. And coupled with one's individual capabilities, one usually has more chances to find skilled job in his/her own field and eventually suceed in career. But ultimately, it all depends on you.

Best of Luck.

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
@tiger...

If I had to choose unb MBA we have a 15 month course there which is IB in MBA so if I choose that what are my changes of getting PGWP and for how many years can I expect that to be for !!!!

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Sasketechwan student PNP program is NOT a pilot program. To know more see: http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

In general, the more reputed and higher ranked the university is, it is better. And coupled with one's individual capabilities, one usually has more chances to find skilled job in his/her own field and eventually suceed in career. But ultimately, it all depends on you.

Best of Luck.

@ tiger...

If I had to choose unb MBA we have a 15 month course there which is IB in MBA so if I choose that what are my changes of getting PGWP and for how many years can I expect that to be for !!!! can I move to another province in that time

May 31, 2018
Correct. He is reffering to the Provincial Nominee program specifically for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, passing out from eductaional institues based in NB or in other provinces of Canada.

Hi,

The PNP you are mentioning about is... the SKILLED WORKER PNP in NB, which is difficult and is points based. Ofcourse, by studying in NB, one can get points, but again it's a skilled worker scheme much like the FSW.(http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201044.html)
NB does not offer ANY PNP specifically designed for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (or Student PNP). Student PNPs and federal CEC are direct, not points based (except for Quebec regular student stream) and facilitates much faster processing of PR, and often is easier than the tedious points based skileld worker routes like the FSW and NB SW. Currently, apart from the Canadian territories, only the provinces of NB and NS do not offer any kind of specific PNP for international students.

Here are the provinces which offer specifically PNPs/immigration programs for international students (apart from the federal CEC):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.60.html
(update March 2013)

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Hi Tiger,

Please confirm canadian experience class is point based or not? like express entry crs point based.