+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share the RNIP Processing Time Line

Gaurav333

Star Member
Jun 8, 2024
Hii, my medical is passed on gc key but got expired on 19 September and my file is still in process . Can I anyone tell me that I have to do another medical exam or should wait to hear from Ircc ? Please help me with this
If you’re inland then you don’t need another medical

Sid R

Apr 19, 2021
RNIP (Inland)

Federal Application:

Applied - June 11
AOR - August 06
BIL - August 06
Biometrics Submitted and Uploaded - Aug 07

Waiting for Medical Request (Medical Already Submitted with the Initial Application)

Any Guess or Expected Timeline by when? Thanks

Snippysnip

Sep 4, 2024
I'm in a similar scenario. I submitted my application on August 9th, and my work permit expires in November. I believe we can extend it without AOR.
I just applied for my work permit without the AOR. I was told to upload the AOR once I receive it, however does anyone know, how to upload additional documents to your application once its already submitted? Please let me know. Thank you!

Pathan_89

Sep 4, 2024
I just applied for my work permit without the AOR. I was told to upload the AOR once I receive it, however does anyone know, how to upload additional documents to your application once its already submitted? Please let me know. Thank you!
You have to make another application when you receive AOR, I did the same thing. you don't need to upload or withdraw the application just make new application as per the RNIP portal describes. The officer will withdraw the application when he will be processing your file and will get new work permit as per the latest application. Refund will be processed in few days.

Reactions: anveshravi

Snippysnip

Sep 4, 2024
You have to make another application when you receive AOR, I did the same thing. you don't need to upload or withdraw the application just make new application as per the RNIP portal describes. The officer will withdraw the application when he will be processing your file and will get new work permit as per the latest application. Refund will be processed in few days.
Thank you! I am hoping they don't start working on my application before I receive my AOR as I am worried that they will reject it. what was the timeline on your RNIP application and Work permit processing time? Also, thank you for responding to my questions. I appreciate it!

AC-RNIP

Oct 2, 2024
Probably this will apply to all community and hope this idea will help to applicant that recently received returned application.
September 17, 2024: Important Update for approved Brandon RNIP Applicants

The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) has officially ended. However, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) continues to process permanent residence applications still in their system.

Recently, there have been cases where some applicants' permanent residence applications were returned due to incomplete submissions. This happens because each application undergoes a completeness check before being assigned to an officer for processing. To avoid this, it is essential to follow the guidance provided on the RNIP How to Apply page and the RNIP Document Checklist carefully. Applications that are missing required documents, such as proof of payment, Educational Credential Assessments, or proof of education, will be returned to the applicant.

Though the program no longer accepts new applications or community recommendations, applicants whose submissions were incomplete may request reconsideration by contacting IRCC if they can justify the missing information. Please note that a reconsideration request does not guarantee approval, as the final decision rests with the officer.

Nataliar9311

Feb 3, 2024
you can submit your AOR thought a webform, the AOR is just an email with your PR application file number. After this submitting you can call IRCC and ask if the received the AOR for your WP application

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Pathan_89

Sep 4, 2024
Thank you! I am hoping they don't start working on my application before I receive my AOR as I am worried that they will reject it. what was the timeline on your RNIP application and Work permit processing time? Also, thank you for responding to my questions. I appreciate it!
Don't worry they won't reject it and did you submit a letter of explanation stating you got Community acceptance and had applied for PR on PR portal?
My timeline is:
Community acceptance: 22nd Feb 2024
Applied for Federal on PR portal: April 16
Applied for Wp extension without AOR: June 4
Aor Recieved: June 10
Again applied for WP extension with AOR: June 24
Biometric request: July 10
Biometric approved: July 15
Medical Approved: July 18
Initial WP extension withdrawn by officer: July 24
Wp Approved: July 24
Waiting for Updates now...