+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share the RNIP Processing Time Line

Seeba

Jun 6, 2024
Hi, Sharing my North Bay RNIP timeline.
Applied: Feb 2, 2024
AOR and BIL: April 2, 2024, Biometrics submitted April 5, 2024.
Medical Passed April 19, 2024
BG check; N/A
ADR : April 21,2024 Submitted April 24,
2024 (couldn't submit one document, wrote explanation)
ADR request deadline extended to June 1, 2024: Submitted on May 18, 2024. (VO Whitehorse)
Pre arrival services: September 5, 2024.
Waiting on next steps.

anveshravi

Aug 8, 2024
Hello,

I have applied under RNIP program. I submitted my application on August 15th and haven't recieved an AOR yet. My work permit is about to expire on October 11th. IRCC informed me that my file is being processed in Nova Scotia. If anyone's file under RNIP was processed at Nova Scotia, please provide a timeline on how long it took to receive the letter of acknowledgement. any information would be appreciated.
I'm in a similar scenario. I submitted my application on August 9th, and my work permit expires in November. I believe we can extend it without AOR.

Pathan_89

Sep 4, 2024
I'm in a similar scenario. I submitted my application on August 9th, and my work permit expires in November. I believe we can extend it without AOR.
I was in same boat during June. Contact Ircc and tell them your scenario, they will guide you. Most probably they will ask you to apply for work permit extension with letter of explanation if you haven't got your AOR

Newbie124

Sep 8, 2024
Hi, Actually been reading this timelines and expecting my P1 for the last 8 months !!
Jan 6 - applied
Feb 23 - AOR and Biometric
March 13 - Biometric updated
April 5- ADR ( T4 and IMM5669 showing gaps)
April 10- Received Documents
April 11- PAL
No updates after !!
August 6( asked via MP office)- Eligibility passed, Security passed , Criminality passed and Medical in progress ( I used the previous medical from work permit)
Nothing is updated in my account after April 11 for a while I thought my GCkey is broke.
Planning to apply for my WP extension!! As it expires November 13/2024. HR at my workplace had given hard time with my colleague abt the job offer number but fortunately he got his p1 ans p2 last week. Anyone ? Any advice? I am getting miserable every day!!

Reactions: TTWG!

fb_2024

May 8, 2024
Sharing our timeline in so it helps other December 2023 applicants who are still waiting. God bless everyone and good luck.

Applied for PR under RNIP last Dec. 8, 2023
AOR/Biometrics- Jan 18, 2024
Biometrics done - Jan 26, 2024
Medical passed - March 27, 2024
PAL - Mar 28, 2024
Repeat Biometrics due to poor quality - Aug 20, 2024
Final decision - Sept 5, 2024
P1 email- Sept 5, 2024
P2 email- Sept. 6, 2024
Waiting for eCOPR

pimpsquek

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Guys, if Eligibility is passed does it mean it is most likely to be approved?
Info-sharing is still in progress (almost 2 months now).

RNIP Reco & PR Application - April 9, 2024
AOR & Bio Fee - June 5, 2024
Bio request/completed - July 4, 2024
Background check processing - July 4, 2024
PAL - July 5, 2024
Medical passed - July 9, 2024
Ghost Update (Criminality, Security - done / Info-sharing - in progress) - July 22, 2024
Eligibility passed - Sept. 9, 2024

D09

Sep 10, 2024
Guys, I need some suggestions.
Applied PR via RNIP: July 06
Still waiting for my AOR and my work permit is expiring on November. I tried calling IRCC and they are not picking up the call. Can anyone tell me if I can extend my WP without an AOR?

Pathan_89

Sep 4, 2024
Guys, I need some suggestions.
Applied PR via RNIP: July 06
Still waiting for my AOR and my work permit is expiring on November. I tried calling IRCC and they are not picking up the call. Can anyone tell me if I can extend my WP without an AOR?
Yes, you can. I did it without AOR, but the thing is you have to apply twice for wp extension. Once you got AOR, you might have to contact your employer for job offer number. They have changed the RNIP work permit procedure, and you'll get closed work permit (LMIA exempt). Most probably, when you received your community acceptance, you might have received detailed emailed from them regarding work permit extension procedure.
So when you're applying without AOR, you have to attach a Letter of Explanation. This link will help you: Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Work permit (optional) - Canada.ca
Once, you get AOR, you need to redo all these steps but this time you'll have to apply for closed work permit with job offer.

And if you want confirmation on this process, try calling MP of your Area, explain them the situation and they will contact IRCC on your behalf and let you know the procedure. (I did both called Ircc and MP and both gave me same answer)

Reactions: D09

D09

Sep 10, 2024
Yes, you can. I did it without AOR, but the thing is you have to apply twice for wp extension. Once you got AOR, you might have to contact your employer for job offer number. They have changed the RNIP work permit procedure, and you'll get closed work permit (LMIA exempt). Most probably, when you received your community acceptance, you might have received detailed emailed from them regarding work permit extension procedure.
So when you're applying without AOR, you have to attach a Letter of Explanation. This link will help you: Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Work permit (optional) - Canada.ca
Once, you get AOR, you need to redo all these steps but this time you'll have to apply for closed work permit with job offer.

And if you want confirmation on this process, try calling MP of your Area, explain them the situation and they will contact IRCC on your behalf and let you know the procedure. (I did both called Ircc and MP and both gave me same answer)
Thanks for your reply, this was really helpful. Quick update got an email from IRCC for biometrics request. But didn’t get an AOR letter. Will it be in my CG account?

TTWG!

Star Member
Dec 30, 2022
It seems the timeline for RNIP is about 8 to 9 months for completion? The anxiety is very high at this point in time.

Pathan_89

Sep 4, 2024
Is it normal to get a biometrics request before an AOR? And will then send an AOR later. Because I received a separate email saying they received my PR application with an app. Number.
The separate email which you received is AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt), it's just an email stating your UCI and Application number.

Reactions: D09