+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share the RNIP Processing Time Line

anveshravi

Aug 8, 2024
Yes, you can. I did it without AOR, but the thing is you have to apply twice for wp extension. Once you got AOR, you might have to contact your employer for job offer number. They have changed the RNIP work permit procedure, and you'll get closed work permit (LMIA exempt). Most probably, when you received your community acceptance, you might have received detailed emailed from them regarding work permit extension procedure.
So when you're applying without AOR, you have to attach a Letter of Explanation. This link will help you: Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Work permit (optional) - Canada.ca
Once, you get AOR, you need to redo all these steps but this time you'll have to apply for closed work permit with job offer.

And if you want confirmation on this process, try calling MP of your Area, explain them the situation and they will contact IRCC on your behalf and let you know the procedure. (I did both called Ircc and MP and both gave me same answer)
I have a question, for WP extension employer needs to submit the job offer in the employers portal?

Newbie124

Sep 8, 2024
I am actually going through that step and it is so hard to make the HR understand the process. I contacted the city RNIP office inorder to forward an email. My HR seems to be too confused or reluctant !!

Yomex_ca

Jun 5, 2024
For everyone that got Portal 1 email. Do I need to reply to the same email with the required information or go into the portal to complete the information.

Rnip23

Jul 30, 2024
For everyone that got Portal 1 email. Do I need to reply to the same email with the required information or go into the portal to complete the information.
For P1 you need to reply to that email with the relevant information. And the email it self should say ***CLICK REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WHEN RESPONDING*** So you need to reply to that.
You go to portal once P2 email is received.

Reactions: Yomex_ca