+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

harpa

May 8, 2024
Waiting for oath since 2023 December,
Family Waiting background check since 15 months mississauga office is worst
Hi Smithlee, I am in same situation, family application, spouse - oath not started rest all completed, my application : BG in progress since September 2023. Please share if you have any updates? Does atleast spouse gets an oath ceremony?

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi Smithlee, I am in same situation, family application, spouse - oath not started rest all completed, my application : BG in progress since September 2023. Please share if you have any updates? Does atleast spouse gets an oath ceremony?
This background checking thing, what at all do these checks entail ? It takes just few weeks to do BG on some applicants while others is it almost like conducting a murder investigation needing forensic analysis. I think applicants deserve to know the criteria for this background checks as they seem to be the major reason why applicantions are significantly delayed. It is just so unfair that some applications are discharged within few months while others have been waiting for months and years without any progress in the applications.

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
This background checking thing, what at all do these checks entail ? It takes just few weeks to do BG on some applicants while others is it almost like conducting a murder investigation needing forensic analysis. I think applicants deserve to know the criteria for this background checks as they seem to be the major reason why applicantions are significantly delayed. It is just so unfair that some applications are discharged within few months while others have been waiting for months and years without any progress in the applications.
i feel you as i have been waiting for BG check for almost 4 months . however, with that said, they are not responsible to disclose any information on how they are going to check you or who is going to check . this is unfortune, tho we should face it and accept it.

the only thing bothers me is, when someone has been living in Canada for almost 6 15 20 years and going through such a BG check, that means something is wrong. At the same time, some people with such a short time living in Canada get this phase done with in a month or even less. This is the part the we should debate on since they have all info inhouse and they do not need to rely on Third party for BG check.

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I am not asking them to disclose any information on background checks to applicants, although we do have the right to know. All I am suggesting is that if there is any criteria that are leading to prolonged background checks, applicants deserve to know. We all deserve to go through same criteria for background checks. How long you live in Canada does not necessarily determine how long your background checks will take. These people have their rule not communicated and that is the problem. If we agree that some have their background checks done in couple of months and others wait forever, don't we have the right to know why and what goes on?