+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
I am asking this as most of you have received AOR and OWP approval. I just realized that when we filled out OWP application in IMM5710e (application to change conditions extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker).

There is a question under

Section: Detail of Intended work in Canada
Que 1: I chose "Open work Permit"
Que 2,3,4 and 5 - I left it blank, I did not put "N/A"
Que 2 - Details of my prosp emoloyer,
Que 3 - Intended location of employment in Canada?
Que 4 - My occupation in Canada will be
Que 5 - Duration of expected employment

Did any one of you did same way as I did or did you write N/A? Did your left it blank, if so did you application got approved?

Please reply, I am being worried here as I have not received any AOR yet.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I am asking this as most of you have received AOR and OWP approval. I just realized that when we filled out OWP application in IMM5710e (application to change conditions extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker).

There is a question under

Section: Detail of Intended work in Canada
Que 1: I chose "Open work Permit"
Que 2,3,4 and 5 - I left it blank, I did not put "N/A"
Que 2 - Details of my prosp emoloyer,
Que 3 - Intended location of employment in Canada?
Que 4 - My occupation in Canada will be
Que 5 - Duration of expected employment

Did any one of you did same way as I did or did you write N/A? Did your left it blank, if so did you application got approved?

Please reply, I am being worried here as I have not received any AOR yet.

Thank you,
You can either leave it blank or write N/A. I do not think such a small detail would be a reason to return your application.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
You can either leave it blank or write N/A. I do not think such a small detail would be a reason to return your application.
Thanks for your reply, i am just worried they might say incomplete, it all depends on immigration officer.

Did you left it blank?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Thanks for your reply, i am just worried they might say incomplete, it all depends on immigration officer.

Did you left it blank?
I wrote N/A next to most of the questions I didn't fill out but I might have left a few blank (I don't remember exactly). Some people write N/A in every single lines/blank spaces. I didn't do that for sure and it didn't get returned. As long as your documents are validated, signed electronically and by hand, dated and all your information are there, I wouldn't worry.

rc23

Dec 31, 2019
Hello All,
I applied for INLAND spouse PR application along with OWP in the month of september. Application linked to our account on 18th November. But due to insufficient fee payment, OWP application was returned. We sent the application along with the fee receipts on 28th November. As my wife's visiting visa is getting expired on 14th January, we applied for the extension on 14th of December, which is 30 day prior to the expiry. How much more time would it take for our OWP to be granted? And, can my wife still stay in Canada after 14th January, if no decision is made by the immigration by that time? Thanks in advance

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello All,
I applied for INLAND spouse PR application along with OWP in the month of september. Application linked to our account on 18th November. But due to insufficient fee payment, OWP application was returned. We sent the application along with the fee receipts on 28th November. As my wife's visiting visa is getting expired on 14th January, we applied for the extension on 14th of December, which is 30 day prior to the expiry. How much more time would it take for our OWP to be granted? And, can my wife still stay in Canada after 14th January, if no decision is made by the immigration by that time? Thanks in advance
Unfortunately it is likely that your OWP won't be granted until after your application is Approved in Principal. As far as I can tell, this is nearly always the case when an OWP is returned but the PR app isn't (sometimes they send the whole package back and you basically start from scratch). AIP (Approved in Principal) is one of the last steps, usually around the time Decision Made/Sponsor Approval. See the June spreadsheet for current timelines (June applicants are currently being approved, making the process about 6-7 months total).

Since you filed for extension of the visitor visa, you still have implied status, even if a decision on the visitor extension isn't made, which means that you wife can stay, exclusively as a visitor. You may want to weigh your options - this is just my opinion and I don't have experience in this realm! - about withdrawing the OWP. It's unlikely to be approved much sooner than your wife would receive PR (at which point, she can work freely anyway).

Basically though, your wife can stay in Canada. It is just uncertain if she will receive the OWP in a timely manner, unfortunately.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Hello All,
Your OWP processing time pretty much got reset the moment you sent it back in. Meaning you will be at least waiting as long as the people who applied in the end of november. Sometimes even longer.

You dont have to worry about your wife staying, as she has implied status because of your visitor extension (which should be granted rather quick) and the OWP application as well.

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Sent courier today to CPC Mississauga.

Order of documents
IMM 5533 - Spouse checklist
IMM 5556 - OWP Checklist
OWP Barcode page
IMM 5720 - OWP application
OWP Supporting documents (Fees Receipt, Passport copy, Marriage certificate)
Barcode pages
IMM 1344 - Application to sponser
FEES RECEIPT
IMM 0008- Generic application
IMM 5406 - Family info
IMM 5669 - Background declaration
IMM 5532 - Relationship
Supporting documents of spouse, applicant, proof of cohabitation, proof of relationship, photos etc.

Fingers crossed.
Hi,

I am applying spouse sponsorship PR + OWP for my wife who is residing in Canada on visitor visa.
i have a question regarding the OWP checklist i.e. i could not find the section for Spouse of a PR holder.
I could see the section for Spouse of owp holder or skilled worker but not PR holder.
Could you please let me know what to choose or leave it blank?

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Has anyone received a medical request in September yet???? I am a sept 20 applicant.
Please let me know guys.

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
Has anyone received a medical request in September yet???? I am a sept 20 applicant.
Please let me know guys.
Looks like a couple of people have received it from the spreadsheet, I’m sure we will be soon!