+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

ppotterfan

Nov 18, 2014
talk2sharad said:
In 2008 did they move all the files to somewhere new location? Sorry I am totally unaware what happened in 2008.
I have the same fear, that possibly very soon they will get busy selecting from the pool of express entry and try to prove how fast the new system is. The problem is, those of us who don't have much time left for PGWP, don't have time to go for pnp/lmia approved job to stand a chance in express entry either. I hope I am wrong.

talk2sharad

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
UF August 2015
Med's Done....
UF August 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Winterfox said:
They closed all files before 2008 without even processing them so around 300,000 applications were put in the trash can.
Wohhooo. Hope that does not happen this time. ::) If that happens, any idea if they refund the fees? ;) Or do we get notified atlest that we need to reapply under EE?

rcpcanada

Dec 2, 2014
I'm confused about the situation happened in 2008 and how it is been related now, I have a question, can they still dump the applications even after charging the credit card. I don't think so, if they have charged means that they are commited to process the application.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
rcpcanada said:
I'm confused about the situation happened in 2008 and how it is been related now, I have a question, can they still dump the applications even after charging the credit card. I don't think so, if they have charged means that they are commited to process the application.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
It will not and cannot happen now.. xipiao just made a statement to scare us all.
Those applications in 2008 we all trashed cos cic gave a good reason of skills in 2008 being out of date in 2013 etc.

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
HI All,

That doesnt make sense... as CEC mentioned they will received the application till dec,2014 so that will not gonna happen to us..

Dont worry just worry about the time they are taking to process ..

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Hey guys, just curious. If a person is using a representative to get the BOWP, who is going to receive the work permit by mail, the worker or the consultant? Thanks.

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
kowsi said:
NOC -2174
Visa office requested - CIO-Sydney
Date filed - 8/28/2014
Date received - 9/02/2014
Payment method - Credit Card
CC Charged: - 11/05/2014
AOR Received - 01/12/2015
Your application was received on the 9th of September and debit happened within 2 months ? That's great. My application was received a week later in September and it took a month more to get debited !!!

So at this rate people who have got their CC/DD debited in December would need to wait for another month ? Damn !

Palani88

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2nd 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Jan 14th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with package
File Transfer...
Jan 2015
Med's Request
March 10th 2016
Med's Done....
March 15th 2016
Passport Req..
April 6th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY
I applied for PR under cec on aug 27th and received by cic on sep 2. my cc was charged on 6th nov. in response to the email i sent to cic on nov 10 regarding status of my application they replied me today like this.

Your application is with our office and is undergoing initial processing. You will be contacted further in due course.

Thank you
CIC

what does this mean guys?. do i still need to wait for another week for AOR?

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Palani88 said:
I applied for PR under cec on aug 27th and received by cic on sep 2. my cc was charged on 6th nov. in response to the email i sent to cic on nov 10 regarding status of my application they replied me today like this.

Your application is with our office and is undergoing initial processing. You will be contacted further in due course.

Thank you
CIC

Yep, or even more. Nobody knows. But you know that at least it hasn't been returned.

mel713

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Calgary AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
Palani88 said:

Thank you
CIC

I got the exact reply from them.

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
Palani88 said:

Thank you
CIC

My application was received on Sept 2 and back draft was cashed on Nov 6 as well. I got my AOR today. Yours should be coming very soon.

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Its time to relax and wait , all of us have done all the possible things we could have done , so there is nothing more we can control , just relax and enjoy the life like we usually did when we first came to canada ... Be Positive , there is loads of other stuff we can do than just panicking about PR status and Work Permits ........... :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Goood Day everyone

talk2sharad

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
UF August 2015
Med's Done....
UF August 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
AJ28 said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Its time to relax and wait , all of us have done all the possible things we could have done , so there is nothing more we can control , just relax and enjoy the life like we usually did when we first came to canada ... Be Positive , there is loads of other stuff we can do than just panicking about PR status and Work Permits ........... :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Goood Day everyone
I agreed with you bro. :)

talk2sharad

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
UF August 2015
Med's Done....
UF August 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Palani88 said:

Thank you
CIC

I think it means don't worry we will process your application as soon as possible. Your file is here with us so its not missing.