Dom21

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey all,

i have a question .. my status right now is just waiting for my oath ceremony but i would like to travel for 2 months as i work on contract and have a little free time. Should i report this to CIC or can i just go and wait on the letter and when it comes, just come back and take my oath. I will be able to know when and if mail comes for me right away as my fmaily will still be at home and they will keep me informed. i welcome your thoughts!

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dom21 said:
hey all,

i have a question .. my status right now is just waiting for my oath ceremony but i would like to travel for 2 months as i work on contract and have a little free time. Should i report this to CIC or can i just go and wait on the letter and when it comes, just come back and take my oath. I will be able to know when and if mail comes for me right away as my fmaily will still be at home and they will keep me informed. i welcome your thoughts!
the question is are you willing to travel back to canada for your oath?if not then you have to let CIC know that you are travelling. But this is means that you have to wait longer if you inform them. its up to you. But if you ask me I will just travel and wait for the letter and comeback on my oath hehehe

Dom21

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i am willing to fly back to cananda for my oath because i do not want to have to loose my spot and have to wait even longer. so i am prepared to fly back ... i just want to know if me not telling them would jeopardize anything =/

hoping_canadian said:
the question is are you willing to travel back to canada for your oath?if not then you have to let CIC know that you are travelling. But this is means that you have to wait longer if you inform them. its up to you

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AFMTL said:
Hi All,

I know that the CIC call agents says that you should wait 2-3 years after receiving a RQ.

For my case, I got the test 2 months after submitting the RQ. Meaning, that what the call agents says are not justified.
Hi i have the same issue, i had RQ on Feb and took the exam June. Yesterday I called the they said that it will takes 3 years to get the oath coz im a non routine applicant. Let see

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dom21 said:
yes i am willing to fly back to cananda for my oath because i do not want to have to loose my spot and have to wait even longer. so i am prepared to fly back ... i just want to know if me not telling them would jeopardize anything =/
Nope not a problem. I really believed that they want to know if you are going to travel coz they think that you might not be able to come during your oath. But if you are sure that you are coming, nothing to worry about. My partner is also traveling a lot, I am here waiting for the letter and when we got the letter he will be traveling back here for Oath taking

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You shouldn't listen to the CIC agent. They say some stuff ! You wrote your test and you just need to wait for the oath. It might be a bit longer as you are RQd case but shouldn't be that long !

Best,
S.
hoping_canadian said:
Hi i have the same issue, i had RQ on Feb and took the exam June. Yesterday I called the they said that it will takes 3 years to get the oath coz im a non routine applicant. Let see

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazamizi said:
You shouldn't listen to the CIC agent. They say some stuff ! You wrote your test and you just need to wait for the oath. It might be a bit longer as you are RQd case but shouldn't be that long !

Best,
S.
i really hope so oct 2016 is very long ha ha ha

Ironfist

Nov 23, 2013
Finally I am Canadian !
Took my oath today.
As for the test preparation I studied practice tests and read the book thoroughly.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ironfist said:
Finally I am Canadian !
Took my oath today.
As for the test preparation I studied practice tests and read the book thoroughly.
Congratulation! Hope to post the same some time next year!

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!
all the best,

Ironfist said:
Finally I am Canadian !
Took my oath today.

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
how many people do local office need to wait for to schedule a test?
my file is in local office for 7 month, do we need to wait for 7 months to schedule a test?
why can not schedule test right after the file has been transferred to local office?

any one knows?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a question just crossed my mind, when you took the test or the oath, did anyone ask you to sign " intend to stay" sorda form?
thanks

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
any one still waiting?
my file is in local for 7 months, why take so long?
agent keep saying to wait for test, but is it true?

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suresure what is your local office?
I have been waiting for 2 minths fot test scheduling
hope it wont turn out to be 7 months or more
I do not understand what take them so long