New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Hello Friends,

I have a doubt here on my case.

#1 : I got married in April, in India. My wife is from India only and never been to Canada. I got eligible for PR under CEC in April only, so I waited for my marriage certifictae and her passport, other documents to procure and finally applied in Aug. for PR for both of us. Q : Will her PR be processed after I get PR or it will be together ?

#2 : Due to my nature of job, I travel alot but I am full time employee of my company. So, when I have proceed the PCC, I only submitted from India only as I never stayed in any country on stretch which is more than 6 months but I did stay in 2 countries where total number of days in an year is over 180 but not continuous stay. Q : Do I still need to procure the PCC from these countries ? Also, I didn't stay in Canada either for 6 months, physically but I was paying my taxes and getting benefits of my fully time employment.

Thanks,

Abhi

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Jee786 said:
Hello members,
Just join today to this forum. Thinking to apply on September 30th. Everything ready except police clearance . I am from Bangladesh. Now living in Regina,SK. NOC 2283. Believe me I am in Canada for 7 years and in Saskatoon for 6 years. Haven't applied for PR. I was lazy. I was thinking to go back home several times. But I was never been without job/study. Seems like last 7 years things changed back home and not very much welcomed to go back without Canadian citizenship. So decided to stay here forever now. Now my epic journey began to become PR in Canada.
If you apply September 30th, you're not a September applicant as your application will take
a few days to CIC and will probable arrive there in early October.
However, if you want me to put you on the September spreadsheet, use the link in my signature and
submit your details via the Update Form.

Cheers

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Hi Toby,

I have added my case to the sept 2013 spreadsheet.

I first applied on Aug 6th 2013, but the application was returned after problem with birth certificate.

I re-applied on Sept 3, 2013. My questions is, is the re-application also treated as new application ? Should i wait for 2 months for AOR ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
anilkumar925 said:
Hi Toby,

I have added my case to the sept 2013 spreadsheet.

I first applied on Aug 6th 2013, but the application was returned after problem with birth certificate.

I re-applied on Sept 3, 2013. My questions is, is the re-application also treated as new application ? Should i wait for 2 months for AOR ?
Yes, I put your case in the spreadsheet. Expect your AOR by beginning of November.

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Thanks Toby.

I have another question. I am planning to apply for Open work permit based on AOR. I want to leave canada after i get my Open WP. Can i apply for Visa from India ? has any1 come across this situation before ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
anilkumar925 said:
Thanks Toby.

I have another question. I am planning to apply for Open work permit based on AOR. I want to leave canada after i get my Open WP. Can i apply for Visa from India ? has any1 come across this situation before ?
There's a few requirements you have to meet:

To be eligible for a bridging WP, the following parameters must be met:

• The foreign national is currently in Canada;
  • They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
  • They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
  • They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
  • They have made application for an open WP.
So you will have to be in Canada to qualify for BOWP. And you also have to hold a valid WP by the time you apply.

[ Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp ]

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Thanks again for your response.

I understand the necessary condition for applying the Open Work Permit. I will be in Canada to get it processed.

But, after getting my Open Work Permit, i want to leave canada. Since we would need to get Visa stamped, can i apply for Visa from India ?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
abhionly4u1 said:
Hello Friends,

I have a doubt here on my case.

#1 : I got married in April, in India. My wife is from India only and never been to Canada. I got eligible for PR under CEC in April only, so I waited for my marriage certifictae and her passport, other documents to procure and finally applied in Aug. for PR for both of us. Q : Will her PR be processed after I get PR or it will be together ?

#2 : Due to my nature of job, I travel alot but I am full time employee of my company. So, when I have proceed the PCC, I only submitted from India only as I never stayed in any country on stretch which is more than 6 months but I did stay in 2 countries where total number of days in an year is over 180 but not continuous stay. Q : Do I still need to procure the PCC from these countries ? Also, I didn't stay in Canada either for 6 months, physically but I was paying my taxes and getting benefits of my fully time employment.

Thanks,

Abhi
1. They will be processed and you both will receive PR visas together.
2. the 6 months time frame needs to be in a row. So if you stayed for bits and parts, you don't need to submit PCC for those countries. ("....to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.")

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
anilkumar925 said:
Thanks again for your response.

I understand the necessary condition for applying the Open Work Permit. I will be in Canada to get it processed.

But, after getting my Open Work Permit, i want to leave canada. Since we would need to get Visa stamped, can i apply for Visa from India ?
It would be better and quicker - if you get your Visa from Canada. Then leave Canada.
If I were you, i would not leave Canada, with out securing a re-entry visa.

But yes, if you want you can apply for visa from India.

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
I know. But i need to go to India ASAP. So, i am trying to do things that HAS to be done from here. And want to keep the optional part for later. Planning to stay back for aatleast 4-6 months in india and then come back to Canada.

Btw, is it ur thinking ? or have u actually seen any case ?

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Thanks Iamroth for replying to my query.

Just want to make thing more complex, :) I would like to share the actual situation with me. I am on WP in Canada which si expiring in Feb 2015, and my wife's OWP is in progress and hoping to get it by this Nov. Now, my question is I have filled my processing center as New Delhi since my wife doesn't have Canadian VISA at that time also it says that we should only fill the processing center of country where we are eligible for entry for atleast 1yr so I filled New Delhi.

Now, I am thinking of situation, say after 3-4 months, where me and my wife are in Canada, what will happen to the processing of application at New Delhi - is they ask for VISA stamping or Medical do we need to go back to India for that OR can it be done in Canada ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Abhi

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
abhionly4u1 said:
Thanks Iamroth for replying to my query.

Just want to make thing more complex, :) I would like to share the actual situation with me. I am on WP in Canada which si expiring in Feb 2015, and my wife's OWP is in progress and hoping to get it by this Nov. Now, my question is I have filled my processing center as New Delhi since my wife doesn't have Canadian VISA at that time also it says that we should only fill the processing center of country where we are eligible for entry for atleast 1yr so I filled New Delhi.

Now, I am thinking of situation, say after 3-4 months, where me and my wife are in Canada, what will happen to the processing of application at New Delhi - is they ask for VISA stamping or Medical do we need to go back to India for that OR can it be done in Canada ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Abhi
1. If you are the principal applicant, and you will be in Canada till Feb 2015, I think it would be better to use CPP-O as your visa office for CEC application.
2. You can do medicals from any DMP registered with CIC from anywhere in the world.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
anilkumar925 said:
I know. But i need to go to India ASAP. So, i am trying to do things that HAS to be done from here. And want to keep the optional part for later. Planning to stay back for aatleast 4-6 months in india and then come back to Canada.

Btw, is it ur thinking ? or have u actually seen any case ?
You see when you apply for VISA from India, they are going to treat you as a visitor.
Even though you may hold a work permit, by then you are going to be out of work for 6 months. and the officer may give you a hard time.

It is not my thoughts, its simple. Even if you have a bad history, still you can apply for Visa from any where in the world.
But approval or denial - that's another story.

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Thanks again Iamroth for reply, but do you see any major issues with my application, as I have applied for New Delhi. Another reason I didn't apply for processing fo my application in Canada is that I am still not in Canada and on business trip. I don't even has permanent address in their yet. So far just putting up with my friends here and there for 5 months.

Coming back to question, do I need to get the VISA stamped from India only once PR application is processed ?

WR//

Abhi

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
abhionly4u1 said:
Thanks again Iamroth for reply, but do you see any major issues with my application, as I have applied for New Delhi. Another reason I didn't apply for processing fo my application in Canada is that I am still not in Canada and on business trip. I don't even has permanent address in their yet. So far just putting up with my friends here and there for 5 months.

Coming back to question, do I need to get the VISA stamped from India only once PR application is processed ?

WR//

Abhi
I am not sure about this but I have read somewhere, they are processing all applications in Case processing pilot - Ottawa (CPP-O).
Could be mistaken though.

As I see it, you will get AOR, Medical request, Biodata, Passport Request - everything on email.
So you can just go to any designated office and complete whatever you need to do.
But since you are still in India, I think it would be right to put New delhi office.