+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seperation after Pr

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What if she put the seperation date aa of last year and i got my pr 2 weeks ago through spusal program
I would not agree to this. Insist only factual date of separation can be used.

Your spouse presumably wants to shorten the time to divorce (one year wait in most provinces I think?). But using a false date here would open you to accusation of getting pr under false pretenses.

If your factual date of separation is before you became a pr, you did in fact receive under false pretenses.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if she put the seperation date aa of last year and i got my pr 2 weeks ago through spusal program
Did you get PR 2 weeks ago not months ago? Did you live together for those 2 weeks? How much time did you spend in person before coming to Canada or while in Canada if you were living together before PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
she said she did not wanted to distrupt the process so i don't know what she gonna do now
It was stupid on her part because she is now responsible financially for 3 years after landing date. She can’t sponsor anyone else for 3 years from when you got PR and 5 years for you. She will have to provide proof of divorce and relationship timeline if sponsoring another spouse and so will you.