Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Aarhurr: let me share with you what I did so I can properly explain with the visa officer my funding situation. First, Iwrote all possible expenses in one column. I included only FIRST YEAR costs of tuition, food and accommodation, and other possible expenses. Then on the other side I wrote my source of funding. I included cash on banks, scholarships, loans etc. It's like an doing a balance sheet accounting. I then put some footnotes on things you want to provide a little explanation like *tuition for the first year only, *based on average cost of living for single students in Calgary, etc.

I also included a study plan where I expressed my intention to apply for scholarships and university/external funding to support my education.

You can also mention in you letter of purpose that you're planning to apply for OCWP to cover your miscellaneous expenses.

Hope I was of help...

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
DocRZ said:
@ Aarhurr: let me share with you what I did so I can properly explain with the visa officer my funding situation. First, Iwrote all possible expenses in one column. I included only FIRST YEAR costs of tuition, food and accommodation, and other possible expenses. Then on the other side I wrote my source of funding. I included cash on banks, scholarships, loans etc. It's like an doing a balance sheet accounting. I then put some footnotes on things you want to provide a little explanation like *tuition for the first year only, *based on average cost of living for single students in Calgary, etc.

I also included a study plan where I expressed my intention to apply for scholarships and university/external funding to support my education.

You can also mention in you letter of purpose that you're planning to apply for OCWP to cover your miscellaneous expenses.

Hope I was of help...

What is thi sBalance sheet for?? Do we have to submit a SOP and then A study plan or is that just one e- explaining why we chose Canada and specifically that course and stuff?! I am immensely confused now :(
Could you please explain that to me in detail? I am planning to apply for VISA immediately after I get my LOA; although I want to be well prepared with my SOP and if needed a Study plan as well.

How do I do that right to nail it teh first time itself?! PLease advise...

I appreciate all your help with this .....

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
DIVYAZABI said:
What is thi sBalance sheet for?? Do we have to submit a SOP and then A study plan or is that just one e- explaining why we chose Canada and specifically that course and stuff?! I am immensely confused now :(
Could you please explain that to me in detail? I am planning to apply for VISA immediately after I get my LOA; although I want to be well prepared with my SOP and if needed a Study plan as well.

How do I do that right to nail it teh first time itself?! PLease advise...

I appreciate all your help with this .....
SOP and Study plan are one and the same thing!!!

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Nadeem_jee said:
SOP and Study plan are one and the same thing!!!
Is there a way to check the application status for CHC Islamabad student visa ?

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Divyazabi: Sorry to confuse you. I'm just sharing Aarturr what I did to help him get organized as he tries to get the visa officer's approval for a study permit with declaring just a year's worth of study-and-living costs. It's not a requirement to do the balance sheet thing. It's just how I thought proof of enough funding would be best understood by the visa officer.

Yes, Statement of purpose and Study Plan are the same. I included in my study plan 1. A timeline from my supervisor, 2. Reason why I chose Canada, 3. Reasons why I enrolled for a master's degree. 4. Research interests/topics. 5. Plans after graduation.

Hope I made it clear now. Cheers!

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
458 Bridge said:
Is there a way to check the application status for CHC Islamabad student visa ?
No... there is no way neither in Pak nor anywhere..... but there open visa application centre in abudhabi... they have online chat facility and they have sms service for each stage of ur visa application!!!!.. but there is no like FSW that you can check ur status online!!!

aarturr92

Apr 20, 2013
DocRZ said:
@ Aarhurr: let me share with you what I did so I can properly explain with the visa officer my funding situation. First, Iwrote all possible expenses in one column. I included only FIRST YEAR costs of tuition, food and accommodation, and other possible expenses. Then on the other side I wrote my source of funding. I included cash on banks, scholarships, loans etc. It's like an doing a balance sheet accounting. I then put some footnotes on things you want to provide a little explanation like *tuition for the first year only, *based on average cost of living for single students in Calgary, etc.

Hope I was of help...
Thanks, so you showed them that you had funds for first year but for how long did you receive your study permit??

Do you have to show them in next year again that you have the money ? The thing is am gonna have tutition for second year but i am not sure that am gonna have additional 10k for living but i can work...

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Aarturr: This is how my professor/research supervisor instructed me on how to better my chances on landing a study permit by eliminating one of the reasons for refusal; which is insufficient funds. I am yet to receive my visa if granted one.

Once you have a study permit, you need NOT show evidence of funding for the second year.

aarturr92

Apr 20, 2013
Two more questions, if i will recieve study permit and i want to change college is it any problem with this ? I thought it works like work permit (closed) and i thought it is only for one college but today one guy told me that it's like "open" and i can switch my school without any problems...

And second is if study permit must be re-newed every year ? Is it so complicated as first time getting SP ?

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Aarturr: Yes, you can transfer from one college/university to another with a single study permit. Study permit is not renewed every year. As long as it is valid, you can stay in Canada to study. Of course, if your visa expires at the end of a program and you want to continue/get admitted to another program, then you have to apply/renew the permit.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Keep posting!!!

Jaspreetsaini

May 7, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
I am new here.i have not applied for any uni or college.i have done b.c.a from punjab university(result awaited),my ielts score is 7 bands(overall),i am interested in doing p.g diploma in networking but i am confused about which college or university is better to apply,considering its placement record.can anyone help me?i want to apply for sept intake so is it getting late?

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Jaspreetsaini said:
I am new here.i have not applied for any uni or college.i have done b.c.a from punjab university(result awaited),my ielts score is 7 bands(overall),i am interested in doing p.g diploma in networking but i am confused about which college or university is better to apply,considering its placement record.can anyone help me?i want to apply for sept intake so is it getting late?
for september intake students should have acceptence letter in their hand by march and april maximum... but as u are an indian student and from India visa process is quicker.. like 2 weeks.. so u can check with the college u need to apply in.....

check seneca or if u are looking for a job after u finish ur studies or the job while u are studying you should apply in participating institutes which are public and sign a memorendum with the canadian govt... you can find this list in the following link from CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

you ielts score are very good... u are very much eligible for any PG diploma or masters....

I am not very much aware of the course u are looking for but try to go for a colege who is consider to be as a participating institute.. which will help u finding jobs after 6 months of completion of ur study and post graduation work permiit for the same length as of your studies..!! hope it will help!!!

Jaspreetsaini

May 7, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
@nadeem_jee thnx veere...thuada visa lag geya?

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Jaspreetsaini said:
@ nadeem_jee thnx veere...thuada visa lag geya?
Naee jee mai 15 april nau apnee application jama karai c embassy wech.... abudhabi taun 8-10 weeks lagdai aa visa laeee.....
just praying ....

jaspreet jee.. tusi na es link wech jenai college andai ne ohna wech waikho ke twada wala course kaira College offer kerda paya aye.... waisia tusi ontario de colleges waikho agar twano paisa matter naeee kerda.... jay twada budget linimted aa taan tusi faer saskachwan ya newbrunswick wech waikho course...... jai twano 3 saal da post graduation work permit chaheda after the studies then go for a 2 years program.... it will help u.... and help u further for PR...!!