+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sep 2012 filed... but still no reply. Is this very rare ?

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
My husband filed for our PR last september and we still have not heard even for medicals.
Really not sure what the problem could be. Is this happening for many people or is it just us ?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
It is not happening to many people, so I suggest you contact CIC.

Did you get your File number? File number is also known as AOR Number (Acknowledgement of Receipt).
If you have the AOR number, you can check the status of your file in this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Also you can request status on your application by ordering GCMS notes, from this site:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Hope this helps. Good luck.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
nekara said:
My husband filed for our PR last september and we still have not heard even for medicals.
Really not sure what the problem could be. Is this happening for many people or is it just us ?
Request gcms notes

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
September 2012 applicant here. Haven't heard anything back either.

We're in the minority, but there are others.

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
we received the AOR in a month but after that its been just quiet. My husband does not have a Professional degree. He has a UG degree which is not much relevant to the IT industry that he is in. We are worried if that could be a reason for rejection or something. Other than that we have no clue what has been a mistake on our side.

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
Just order GCMS to see whats going on with your file. I received first communication after in around 13 months and within 13.5 months I am PR now. So its fine , it is normal.
If your GCMS says Recommend Passed, you will get it , else you need to worry :)

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-flow-and-timeline-from-my-experience-with-cec-t166323.0.html

read this, it may help you.

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for all the replies... we applied through lawyers so they have asked for an explanation 3 days back but no reply for that either. So just fingers crossed and waiting. Its just been too much of a pressure so thought of seeking some help here. what is GCMS notes and how do you apply for that. when can we apply and how long do they take reply back ?

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
I'm a September applicant and it is now just over 12 months from when my application was received and I too and waiting for my MR. I got my GCMS notes in July and it said recommended pass which I can assume was from a JR officer. I remember reading that you should only contact CIC about the status of your application when it has passed the 13 month mark. So I am counting down the days and when that day arrives I will be calling. It was interesting what Dilli wrote on the link that is posted above about people having traveled extensively and how that might slow down your application. I have traveled a fair bit mostly in Europe. When I was filling out the section of the application of where you have traveled in the past 10 years I was very anal and put down every single country I could think of of even if I was only there for 1 or 2 days (I did a contiki trip). So if anyone could shed some light on if this is true and if anyone is in the same boat I would be much appreciated.

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Bona64 said:
I'm a September applicant and it is now just over 12 months from when my application was received and I too and waiting for my MR. I got my GCMS notes in July and it said recommended pass which I can assume was from a JR officer. I remember reading that you should only contact CIC about the status of your application when it has passed the 13 month mark. So I am counting down the days and when that day arrives I will be calling. It was interesting what Dilli wrote on the link that is posted above about people having traveled extensively and how that might slow down your application. I have traveled a fair bit mostly in Europe. When I was filling out the section of the application of where you have traveled in the past 10 years I was very anal and put down every single country I could think of of even if I was only there for 1 or 2 days (I did a contiki trip). So if anyone could shed some light on if this is true and if anyone is in the same boat I would be much appreciated.
Regarding the 12 month mark email (it's 12 not 13 anymore), this is their response:

Hello,
With regard to your request for a status update, the processing of your file is following its due course. Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action or document is needed from you at this present time and while we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. Our office will contact you regarding the next steps in your file in due time.
Don't waste time with the call centre. They got nothing.

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
Bona64 said:

i din even know that you can apply for GCMS notes before 12 / 13 months. how long did it take for you to receive it after you applied? we actually have not travelled much at all except for a few trips to our home country once in every 2 yrs.

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Takes about 5 mins to fill out and cost nothing. It takes 30 days and arrives in your email. It's defiantly worth doing. You can apply as many times as you like and as often as you like.

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
ahm2307 said:
Regarding the 12 month mark email (it's 12 not 13 anymore), this is their response:

Don't waste time with the call centre. They got nothing.
Cheers AHM. I figured it would be some generic bureaucratic BS answer

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
nekara said:
i din even know that you can apply for GCMS notes before 12 / 13 months. how long did it take for you to receive it after you applied? we actually have not travelled much at all except for a few trips to our home country once in every 2 yrs.
Hi Nekara,

Sorry to hear that you still haven't heard anything from CIC.

By the way, both you and your husband, are you still using the same email address that you have given in the CEC application? Just checking.

Secondly..like Roth & others mentioned above, please send the GCMS application asap. I guess u are inside Canada? If yes, its free of charge and you do it online. You will get the response back in 30 days. it might give some indication as to what they have done so far on your application. Here's the link:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Lastly, who ever is the main applicant u or ur husband, may want to send an email to CIC (ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca) and ask them about the progress on your application. Its more than 12 months now and you should have at least got the medicals by now.

And whenver you write the email to CiC, please always include your application details at the end.
- main applicant's name, dob, pob, application no. client id and address

All the best.