+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENT APPLICATION FOR HUSBAND-ROME OFFICE-14 MONTH WAIT??????

Connie77

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hello, two weeks ago I sent my husbands sponsorship application to Mississauga. Today, i finally got backon internet to see some timelines on teh CIC website and read that it could take up to 14 months to get his Resident card.....

This sadens me soo much because I have decided to leave Italy and move back to Canada come December with my two children and he will be able to come when his paperwork is ready (which i thought was only 8 months). Do you guys have any happy ending stories regarding this waiting time? It seems so long. What do you think if he comes to Canada from March to July as a visitor, or do you all suggest he stays put here in Italy until all paperwork is ready? I feel really sad that our kids 2 and 4 have to stay that long away from their father.

Please if anyone has tips or advice on what we can do to make it go by smooth, or if these timelines are truthful, please let me know. I need to go back to Canada and work, there is nothing left here in Italy (except good food and the dolce vita:::)))))

Thanks!!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC has the processing time for how long it takes to process 80% of cases and currently they are saying 14 months for Rome but the 50% time could be relatively much shorter. If you are lucky, you are in the faster 50% of course. You have two kids already so I don't suppose they will be worried that this is a marriage of convenience.

Looking at data since June for Rome, it said 7 months for 50% of cases so you could have it done within that time. However, add 2 months in Mississauga of course.

Your husband, being Italian can of course visit without needing a visa but he can not work and will not have health care so depending on what you can afford, you might not want to have him sitting around in Canada for the duration. Also, he can only stay for up to 6 months so if he is already 5 months in Canada and wants to stay longer, you should apply to extend his visit visa based on that you have applied to sponsor him and he is waiting for his PR.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I'd say just have your husband come to Canada with you and the kids as a visitor. Unless he is making money in Italy that you just can't live without - but if he is in Canada with you, he can take care of the kids while you work. Having him visiting Canada while they continue processing his application won't hurt his application in any way, though if there is an interview he will have to go back for it. I'm guessing with your long history together, and the children, they won't ask for an interview, and also that the processing time will be faster than average.

Connie77

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Thank You Leon and Canadian Woman...I feel already feel better just reading your posts!!! Lets hope this goes well! Thanks Again!

juliac

Oct 22, 2012
Hello everyone :D

I was sort of in the same boat as you, Connie77 (minus the children!). We want to head to Canada before his application is accepted (we are sending it after our wedding in January 2013 and leaving in May). I was told directly from the VO in Rome that he could do this. Once his app. is accepted, he just has to go to the nearest port of entry and re-enter into the country.

I have a couple questions that maybe you could help me with:

1. Did you translate all of your husband's documents into English?
2. How did you pay for the fees? Can you pay directly at the Embassy of Canada in Rome? We are heading there in a month so...

Thank you and keep us posted on your journey! Hopefully it'll be super speedy!

Julia C.

Connie77

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hi, sorry ittook so long to get back to you,this whole process is so overwhelming and time consuming.

1. I did have all the docs translated and certified. which in italy cost a lot of money
2. I paid the fees on teh internet it was quite fast and i think its the best way, i am sure you could pay at embassy

dont expect much from embassy they are not helpful at all, instead 1888 number they are extremely helpful and kind as well.

Julia, where are you in italy, i am in Puglia.

juliac

Oct 22, 2012
Hi Connie,

I've actually found out that my colleague can translate the certificates into English and sign a statutory declaration (with a copy of the document attached) where she states that the translation is true and accurate and she is responsible for it. She did this for another Canadian girl and said it all worked out. So, no need to pay for expensive translations!

As for the payments, is the amount 825 euros exactly? I have received an email from the embassy that you CAN'T pay there, you must pay the way they say on the website. I read it possible to pay through bank transfer:

Residents of Italy, Malta, San Marino and the Vatican

Please note: Payments are only accepted in EUROS and NOT in Canadian dollars.

Please make a direct deposit in our Embassy account as per the details below:

Name: Canadian Embassy - Immigration Section (Visa)
Bank Account Number: 100000560132
Agency 14 - Corso Trieste, Rome
ABI: 03069
CAB: 03219
CIN: E
IBAN: IT28 E030 6903 2191 0000 0560 132
SWIFT CODE (for international transfers) BCITITMM 234

After which, I need to send the receipt of payment from the bank with my application, no?

Connie, I'm in Sicily...further south than you! Keep in touch!

-Julia

VERONICA77

Jun 5, 2012
Hello All,
I am in the same situation as Connie and Julia and have so many questions!!

- I'm from Montreal, currently living in Turin and sponsoring my husband. We have 2 kids but I've already applied for their CDN citizenship certificate months ago.
I'm having trouble understanding the fee paymentissue. Does it have to be in Euro's or in CDN $? and how much, I keep reading different amounts.
- Do I need to send my applkication to Quebec first or to Mississauga??

-Did you get the photocopies certified?

Help, I'm desperate... the embassy in Rome is absolutely of NO help (they keep telling me to refer to the web site)!

Aiutatemi, please
Good luck to all!!
Veronica

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Connie,

I believe that there are two people on the forum who applied in May. I know that one is in Canada, I believe over a month now. The other is really close or has not updated the file. If you check the May thread and see the spreadsheet it will tell you for certain.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
VERONICA77 said:
Hello All,
I am in the same situation as Connie and Julia and have so many questions!!

- I'm from Montreal, currently living in Turin and sponsoring my husband. We have 2 kids but I've already applied for their CDN citizenship certificate months ago.
I'm having trouble understanding the fee paymentissue. Does it have to be in Euro's or in CDN $? and how much, I keep reading different amounts.
- Do I need to send my applkication to Quebec first or to Mississauga??

-Did you get the photocopies certified?

Help, I'm desperate... the embassy in Rome is absolutely of NO help (they keep telling me to refer to the web site)!

Aiutatemi, please
Good luck to all!!
Veronica
Ciao Veronica,

Ecco un po di aiuto! :)

-The fee, if you are sponsoring only your husband, is 1040CAD - that includes the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, and you would want to pay it up front since if you are asked after, it will delay your file. So if you can, pay the full amount, so it's done.
For most applications it is paid in CAD, maybe Rome has a different procedure? Not sure. There is a thread for Rome applicants, I will try and find it for you.
-You send your application to Mississauga. Once your application is approved (first stage approval approximately 35 days), Mississauga will send it to Rome Embassy. BUT - because you are from Quebec, there is an extra step for you. WIth the sponsorship approval ( that comes by mail or by post), you need to apply to the CSQ - Certificat de Selection du Quebec. It takes more or less a month to get from what I have read. Once you receive it, you can mail a copy to Mississauga and to Rome embassy. Normally, Quebec sends a copy directly to the Visa Office in charge of your file, but you never know - better safe than sorry.
-Certified photocopies: you don't need to certify normal photocopies ( of your passport etc). You need however to have a certified translation of anything that is not in french or in english. So - Police checks etc - need to be translated by an authorised translator. If you need one, send me a private message, I have used one and can find the name again if you need it.

The process is hard - and stressful, but you can always come to the forum for help if needed!
In bocca al lupo!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
also - here is the thread for Rome http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/italian-spouse-sponsorship-t72980.60.html

A few more things - if you pay the fees, the easiest is to pay online. Since your application will be sent first to mississauga, on the website you can select " applying at an office in canada"
here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Sweden