App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Done....
Pre-Medical
Interview........
Waived
My study permit was rejected in April 2014 for may intake. I have an associate degree from USA and BBA degree from India. 2 years working experience as HR executive, I was going for 1 year course in conestoga college for HR Management. But visa got rejected due to "other reason". Below is the notes from CAIPS note.

PA was a student in USA from 2007-2011. According to client,PA was refused his extension of Study permint of USA. Unclear when PA came back from USA. His diploma from college of san francisco appears that PA has been doing distance learning and also working. Employment letter is of concerns. Signed but not signatory document on document. Unclear why PA wants to go study in Canada when he already has a foriegn diploma. HE HAVE A VALID VISITOR VISA.NOT CANCELLED. Based on the above,on balance, your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications/educational background. I am not satisfied that PA is a bonafide student. Weighing the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are bonafide temporary resident who will leave canada following the completion of thier studies persuant to section R216 (1)(b).

any chance of getting study permit if I apply again???/

bansalhimanshu1

Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Done....
Pre-Medical
Interview........
Waived
any suggestions??where are all seniors?? please help.

Vinn

Jan 4, 2018
Below is the notes from CAIPS note:

PA was a student in USA from 2007-2011. According to client,PA was refused his extension of Study permint of USA. Unclear when PA came back from USA. His diploma from college of san francisco appears that PA has been doing distance learning and also working. Employme Unclear why PA wants to go study in Canada when he already has a foriegn diploma. HE HAVE A VALID VISITOR VISA.NOT CANCELLED. Based on the above,on balance, your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications/educational background. I am not satisfied that PA is a bonafide student. Weighing the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are bonafide temporary resident who will leave canada following the completion of thier studies persuant to section R216 (1)(b).

any chance of getting study permit if I apply again???/
Is a foreign UG degree looked down upon as a negative when being considered by VO as mentioned in above CAIPS notes? (See bolded section in text quoted by me above). I am planning to do my UG degree from U.K. but now I'm really concerned as I wanna do a Master's from Canada later on from a good uni. Pls help.

Last edited:

dreamy2536

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka VFS
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Doc's Request.
30-11-2017 [Additional documents]
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-12-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
Expected 30-06-2018
Is a foreign UG degree looked down upon as a negative when being considered by VO? I am planning to do my UG degree from U.K. but now I'm really concerned as I wanna do a Master's from Canada later on from a good uni. Pls help.
Foreign degree is not looked down unless you go for college diplomas. If you have undergrad then you have better chances if you applied for grad programs.
I have a diploma+Under Grad from Australia. Applied for Masters in Canada and got approved.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Vinn

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
so, they have concerns that you may have overstayed in the US, so you would need to clarify and provide proof of when you left the US. The other is your employment letter is questionable in their eyes. You would want to get that cleared up. As already noted, applying for a college diploma course after a degree will likely result in another refusal. They want to see progression in your education, not an entry level program.
On the bright side, they didn’t cancel your TRV. I would reassess your choice of study and re-apply when you can clarify the concerns.