+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

senior plz help

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
Dear forum members,
First of all thanks to all for being so helpful. I just got email from London visa office to send passports to Islamabad high commission for stamping of 1 year visa which will be transformed to PR once reached there. Now in next stage,I am not sure where to go in Canada. We have 2 young kids and spent last 9 years in UK. Please suggest some recommendations, based on kids school, health system, jobs , safety and friendly community. I would be very thankful.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
mani12335 said:
Dear forum members,
First of all thanks to all for being so helpful. I just got email from London visa office to send passports to Islamabad high commission for stamping of 1 year visa which will be transformed to PR once reached there. Now in next stage,I am not sure where to go in Canada. We have 2 young kids and spent last 9 years in UK. Please suggest some recommendations, based on kids school, health system, jobs , safety and friendly community. I would be very thankful.
A 1 year visa transformed to PR? You either have PR or you don't. Now I am confused..

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
In Federal skill they give 1 year single entry visa then you apply for PR card after reaching there then you don't need visa. Hope it will clear the confusion.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
mani12335 said:
In Federal skill they give 1 year single entry visa then you apply for PR card after reaching there then you don't need visa. Hope it will clear the confusion.
Hmm.. I got my PR also through the Federal skilled program, but no visa, straight PR from the day I received my COPR.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure whats confusing polara69? When your application for permanent residence is approved, visa office requests that the applicant send passports in order to put a 1-year visa (one year from the day medical exam was done). Then you activate your PR status by landing. Everyone that applied for PR from outside Canada has gone thru this.

Now to answer OP's question, look for places where you think you can find jobs faster, depending on your education and experience.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
CanV said:
I am not sure whats confusing polara69? When your application for permanent residence is approved, visa office requests that the applicant send passports in order to put a 1-year visa (one year from the day medical exam was done). Then you activate your PR status by landing. Everyone that applied for PR from outside Canada has gone thru this.

Now to answer OP's question, look for places where you think you can find jobs faster, depending on your education and experience.
Now I get it..I was visa exempt due to my passport..

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
I have done master degrees in Mass communication and English literature. Have some experience in Marketing jobs. I was doing a bit of online business in UK for few years. I also have full time England driving license. I want to know better places for kids school, safety of my family, better accommodation, better environment.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polara69 said:
Now I get it..I was visa exempt due to my passport..
Your application for PR was approved outside Canada and they didnt put an Immigrant visa in your passport?

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
mani12335 said:
Dear forum members,
I would suggest Alberta for you. Health coverage from day 1, Oil hub, comparatively low overall taxes, Edmonton and Calgary are the major cities in Alberta. On a negative side, winters are comparatively harsh in Alberta.

However, pls research and explore all other suitable options as per your line of profession.

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
Thanks @ Rawda for your kind suggestion, Someone also suggested Kitchener, Ontario. Any suggestion on that Please.