+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

senior plz help

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
mani12335 said:
Thanks polara for the web link but first hand practical experience is always helpful
Ok, first hand. We moved to Vancouver because it suits our lifestyle. The summers are nice and warm, even hot. The winter not harsh, only a few days a year where there is actual snow. When this happen, usually the whole city collapses, because no one has winter tires or knows how to drive on snow and ice.

Jobs are plentyful when I got here, still working in my in my profession making decent money. My wife is self employed and her business goes strong. We have no kids, hence we do not need to live near a school or playground and the likes..

Settlement was easy, since we came from an English speaking country with similar setup as Canada. I like it here and have no desire to go anywhere in the near future.

mani12335

Aug 22, 2014
Thanks a lot for your help @polara, What you explain is opposite of what I find on google that Vancouver is worst place for new immigrants due to less jobs and high price. Any one else plz share any experience specially people in Ontario. Any idea about Burlington?

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Exactly my point. Thats why we chose Vancouver because it suited us the most. Not everyone will make it or fit in. When people ask me where is the best place, I do not know. I only know the best place for me, us. Ideally you should come out here first to see for yourself before immigrating. We came several times to different places, just to check. I understand not everyone can do that financially, but it was a great help.