+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seneca College - Winter 2013

LoveUCanada2013

Sep 15, 2012
Hi ExCanadian,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Can I assume that if I take other program that is not related to my current degree & work experience, the chances for granting approval is very slim?

IELTS is a must, right?

Also, is it a standard that I need to pay the school fisrt (once I got the approval) before I apply for study permit or visa?

thanks,
LoveUCanada2013

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
I got admission in Seneca as well.

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LoveUCanada2013 said:
Hi ExCanadian,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Can I assume that if I take other program that is not related to my current degree & work experience, the chances for granting approval is very slim?

IELTS is a must, right?

Also, is it a standard that I need to pay the school fisrt (once I got the approval) before I apply for study permit or visa?

thanks,
LoveUCanada2013
You are most welcome "LoveUCanada2013", here are your answers:

> It is almost impossible to get visa for a different program which doesn't match your past qualifications.

IELTS is a must, right?
> Yes, Min. 6.0 overall with Min. 5.5 in individual modules is a MUST!

> Yes, under new rule; you need to pay atleast 1yr tuition fee before applying for visa.

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arrie said:
I got admission in Seneca as well.

Congratulation, Arrie!

For which program you got your LOA? How long did it take for you & did you apply yourself?

LoveUCanada2013

Sep 15, 2012
Many Thanks once again Excanadian.

Excanadian said:

> It is almost impossible to get visa for a different program which doesn't match your past qualifications.

IELTS is a must, right?

> Yes, under new rule; you need to pay atleast 1yr tuition fee before applying for visa.

Param09

Jun 20, 2012
Hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
Consulate General Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
none
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
hey Seneca Applicants,

one short query.... my ielts score is 6.5 bands with 5.5 in one module.....can i get admission in PG program wid this band score(normally pg programs require 6.5 bands with 6 each)???

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Param09 said:
hey Seneca Applicants,

one short query.... my ielts score is 6.5 bands with 5.5 in one module.....can i get admission in PG program wid this band score(normally pg programs require 6.5 bands with 6 each)???

Usually it may not be possible, but sometimes schools give you waiver if other factors in your profile are strong & the program which you are applying for is not a popular one.

Since your score is acceptable under New SPP rules also, so it is upto the school to accept it or not.

It is worth a try in my opinion. All the best!

BTW for which program you are applying?

Param09

Jun 20, 2012
Hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
none
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
Excanadian said:
Usually it may not be possible, but sometimes schools give you waiver if other factors in your profile are strong & the program which you are applying for is not a popular one.

Since your score is acceptable under New SPP rules also, so it is upto the school to accept it or not.

It is worth a try in my opinion. All the best!

BTW for which program you are applying?
bro i want to apply for database application developer....i really like this program so wanna go for it.....i applied in centennial and George brown too (these colleges dnt hav any problm with 5.5 in one module)....but humber and sheridan are very strict and they told me that 6 each is the minimum requiremnt.... i mailed seneca college representatives but still no reply....so wat should i do??i dnt wanna waste my $65 application fee lol...just wanna confirm it first...

adi9771

Aug 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
14-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013.
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Param09 said:
hey Seneca Applicants,

don't worry mate... college will give you LOA... problem you gonna face at the time of visa. ::) ::)

Param09

Jun 20, 2012
Hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
none
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
adi9771 said:
don't worry mate... college will give you LOA... problem you gonna face at the time of visa. ::) ::)
bro 6.5 bands overall is good to go i guess....

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Param09 said:
bro i want to apply for database application developer....i really like this program so wanna go for it.....i applied in centennial and George brown too (these colleges dnt hav any problm with 5.5 in one module)....but humber and sheridan are very strict and they told me that 6 each is the minimum requiremnt.... i mailed seneca college representatives but still no reply....so wat should i do??i dnt wanna waste my $65 application fee lol...just wanna confirm it first...
DAD is a good program & it is one of the popular programs at Seneca, so chances of getting into this program with 5.5 in one module would be difficult.

Also, DAD program has an additional testing requirement, so you will need to take an entrance test in India to get into this program. I can check with Seneca for u if they can accept 5.5 in one module for DAD, pls email me ur IELTS Score report & Graduation Marksheet on the email I've left in ur inbox.

LoveUCanada2013

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Excanadian,

Can I ask u a question again? For instance I got the approval from the school of my choice, how many months they will give you to settle your payments? Is it just after the approval or about 90 days period?

Also, how many intakes normally for a year?

I'm doing a pre plan now so I know when I'm going to start gathering the required documents.

Rgds,

longauthor=Excanadian link=topic=118154.msg1773720#msg1773720 date=1348485472]

IELTS is a must, right?

[/quote]

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LoveUCanada2013 said:
Hi Excanadian,

Can I ask u a question again? For instance I got the approval from the school of my choice, how many months they will give you to settle your payments? Is it just after the approval or about 90 days period?

I'm doing a pre plan now so I know when I'm going to start gathering the required documents.

Rgds,

longauthor=Excanadian link=topic=118154.msg1773720#msg1773720 date=1348485472]

IELTS is a must, right?

> Generally you get 4-8 weeks to confirm your acceptance by making the 1st Sem Tuition Fee, it also depends on how early you are applying before the intake.

There are mainly THREE intakes in Canada: Fall (Sep), Winter (Jan) & Summer (May).

LoveUCanada2013

Sep 15, 2012
thanks for your great help Excanadian.

One more thing, for the bank statements, how many months should I need as the maintaining balance to prove VO that I have the kind of fund in the bank.

Rgds,

Excanadian said:
> Generally you get 4-8 weeks to confirm your acceptance by making the 1st Sem Tuition Fee, it also depends on how early you are applying before the intake.

There are mainly THREE intakes in Canada: Fall (Sep), Winter (Jan) & Summer (May).

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LoveUCanada2013 said:
thanks for your great help Excanadian.

One more thing, for the bank statements, how many months should I need as the maintaining balance to prove VO that I have the kind of fund in the bank.

Rgds,

Under SPP you dont need to show bank statements, under General Category you need 6 months bank statement.