FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hi,

Just wanted to give everyone who is in a similar situation an update. I am the primary applicant on my EE application, my husband is the dependent. I live in India and he is in USA. I got a single letter for a passport submission giving me instructions for submission in India. We raised a web form 3 times, but did not get a clear answer. I also emailed CPC Ottawa but did not get a reply.I directly asked VFS India after that, they said that my husband should be able to submit in VFS New York. I submitted my passport in India on 16th Jan. My husband directly went to VFS New York to find out if he could submit as we were approaching our 30 day deadline. They accepted his passport with the same letter and his photos etc. I then emailed the New Delhi immigration office as well just to be sure.
To my surprise, I got a message the very next day ---- 17th Jan in my CIC account. It was a letter letting me know that my husbands passport has been stamped.He also got an update that his passport was dispatched from IRCC. All in all, it was much smoother than I expected!
Hi @schandrika, thank you for summing that up. I read that your husband brought his photos to VFS. Now, I assume you only submitted photos of yourself and didn't submit any photo of him. Am I correct in that assumption?

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Thats good Chandrika.

I have applied for Canada PR last year and I have received the Passport submission request on 6th Feb 2020 but unfortunately was transferred to UK for business commitment.

I have already raised a request to CIC office and as well emailed to Ottawa office.

whats was the process you have followed to submit the passport at different country ? simply just walking to VFS New York and its done?
Hi,

I’m in a similar situation. Could you let ke know about your course of action?

Gil Catañeda

Dec 25, 2019
Good day! I have the same situation,please help me on what to do,I am in UAE primary applicant and my dependents is in Philippines,I received PPR under only my name.Thank you in advance.

kristi18

Jun 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am the primary applicant and am currently based in the US; my husband is dependent and in India. We received our PPR on May 18, 2022. Though I received two letters on the CIC portal with different UCI, both were addressed to me. We were not clear regarding how to send our passports while being in two different countries. So we emailed CPC Ottawa on May 19, 2022. As we did not hear from them, we sent another email on May 31, 2022, and June 15, 2022. We also raised a query through the webform on June 10, 2022. Additionally, we mailed Delhi immigration on June 10, 2022. Till now we haven't heard back from any of them. So we just sent our passports on June 16, 2022 (one day before our deadline expired). I sent it through FedEx to CPC, Ottawa and it has reached today (one working day post the deadline expired). My husband through VFS Global and his was collected from our residence in India on June 18, 2022. We are really worried as our passports will be reaching the CPC and high commission respectively after the deadline expired. Our delay was entirely due to confusion around how to send the passports and we have sent cover letters explaining this on June 16, 2022, by email to CPC, Ottawa. My husband has also sent a paper copy of the cover letter along with the other documents. We now want to know whether our application will be accepted and we will get our COPR.

Thank you.