Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
I'm 100% certain that paying your RPRF would have zero effect on your processing fee, I know I got my medical request at the same time as my RPRF and it took a while to update the medical while my fee was paid when I got the request.

I would hold off on paying until you got the request, you have no idea what could happen and your app can potentially be rejected.

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
TheAwesomeMatt said:
I'm 100% certain that paying your RPRF would have zero effect on your processing fee, I know I got my medical request at the same time as my RPRF and it took a while to update the medical while my fee was paid when I got the request.

I would hold off on paying until you got the request, you have no idea what could happen and your app can potentially be rejected.
Exactly!
That's partly why I say there is NO way that it saves 2-3 weeks on processing time,just like paying by bankers draft rather than credit card does not get your application processed any faster.

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
Amisnic said:
Yes it will shave a few weeks off the total time to get PR.

Below are instructions how you can pay and submit receipts (Please leave me a positive feedback!)

To make an upfront payment for the RPRF, go to
> https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en.

Then select IMMIGRATION as the type of service and click on RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE.

Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:
• dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
• protected persons, including Convention refugees.

[ Source: #4 on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp ]

After paying the fee, you will be issued a receipt, which you can either fill out on your computer or print, fill out and scan - then email to CIC for further processing.

Send the receipt to: CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca or CPPO-Cost-Recovery @ cic.gc.ca
and make sure to include all required information in the subject line. More information HERE.
Thanks for the help Amisnic :) +1 sent your way!

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
Hi guys, need an urgent help on this regards. My processing on FSW was done from Warsaw, Poland and it was on June 2015 I paid for the landing fees. Got my visa, came to Canada after 8 months and it's been almost 4 months am here in Canada now.

Now I received an email from the same office asking to repay the landing fees mentioning my payment was rejected by Financial Section in Canada.

It can't be spam, as the email is right, and the payment instructions prompts to CIC website link. If it was fake, it would ask me payment through western union or some kind of drafts.

Though I have replied it, I am yet to receive a reply. The time to repay was 30 days and I have 2 days remaining as I saw the email a day ago.

I called CIC and the agent says they don't know about other offices outside Canada so I must talk to them. I am still waiting to get my PR card and have recently sent new photos.

Please advise. Does this happen? What should i do?

jamaican_waiting

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Okimoe said:
Hello

I have a Canadian Experience Class application currently in process. I did not send my "Right of Permanent Resident Fee" with my application. Does it make sense to send it now? (before a decision is made on my application). Would that save some time?

And if I were to send it, should I send it to the Case Processing center in Ottawa or the Centralized Intake Office?

Thanks

I've successfully landed (June 24) and am currently awaiting my PR. I'm an Oct 20 applicant (CEC) and I did both my medical and RPRF upfront in March. CIC didn't bother to send me requests for both because when they looked at my file, they noticed that they had everything that they needed.

Unless, there is other reason to reject your file, it absolutely saves time. Also, if your application is rejected, they will refund your fee. I'm one who would say go ahead and pay it and send them confirmation with your receipt (which is what I did). You can't lose.