+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Work Experience

dinipc

Aug 24, 2017
Hi
I also want to know the same thing. All my proprietorship payments were made to my company account.
Will that suffice?
I guess it should. That is what my consultant told me. We submitted our application today. Based on the outcome, I can update this thread.

jackdaniels

Feb 16, 2020
AOR Received.
04-05-2020
I guess it should. That is what my consultant told me. We submitted our application today. Based on the outcome, I can update this thread.
Any news?

I'm filing as self employed as well.
I have a free profession registration certificate that I can provide and I also can provide the fiscal declaration.
I accept credit card payments so I can show payments being made on my account.
Will this be enough in your experience?

dinipc

Aug 24, 2017
I submitted a professional tax certificate as well along with tax returns and bank account statements of the current accounts. I received some payments in PayPal which I attached for proof of payments received as well. I also submitted the PAN card for the partnership firm. I made an excel sheet, year-wise for the last 5 years from 2014 to 2018 detailing all payments received with dates and amounts. It was quite cumbersome. I haven't received any reply yet from IRCC on my PR application but last I heard was that Eligibility was met.

Anna J

May 18, 2020
I submitted a professional tax certificate as well along with tax returns and bank account statements of the current accounts. I received some payments in PayPal which I attached for proof of payments received as well. I also submitted the PAN card for the partnership firm. I made an excel sheet, year-wise for the last 5 years from 2014 to 2018 detailing all payments received with dates and amounts. It was quite cumbersome. I haven't received any reply yet from IRCC on my PR application but last I heard was that Eligibility was met.
Hi I'm declaring my self-employment experience as well. Your thread is absolutely helpful. I have pretty good sets of documents including bank statements, business certificate, tax return, workers compensation, pension, etc.
What you did with excel sheet is a great idea. I'm gonna do the same.
The problem I have is the reference letters from clients. I only had two clients, and I'm worried if two letters are not sufficient.
Would you share your insights with me?

vmh28

Oct 8, 2019
Hi,

Any update on Nikitajindal22 case or vmh28 ??

Hello,
Sorry for such a delayed reply. Here is what I did for my OINP application:
I am a CA in practice. I provided the following documents for my work experience:
1. Reference letters for 5 clients
2. Copies of invoices raised on those 5 clients
3. Documents issued by ICAI like CoP, Firm Registration Certificate, etc.
4. Bank statement for the entire period for which I claimed work experience
5. IT returns showing business/profession as a source of income

They have approved this for me and I got my nomination.

PS: VERY IMPORTANT - I had claimed about 4 years of work experience of which 3 was from the above mentioned practice and 1 was from my employment for which I gave documents like offer letter, employment letter, payslips, resignation letter, reference letter, etc. I believe OINP's minimum work experience requirement is 1 year. So, there is a theoretical possibility that they considered only the documents for my employment and gave me a nomination based on that. This is important to disclaim here because PR requires 3 years of work experience at a minimum.

Reactions: lukeortolani

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hey any update on your situation?

asfand123

Oct 7, 2014
I am a coach - in archery, i want to apply under self emplyment in atheletes scheme, my students pay me the fee in 2000 or 2500...all in cash as amount is too low. I have the reciepts etc. my questions :
1) if now i settle up a bank account and put the fee there for 6 months , will that be enough?
2) up to how many years of income tax returns has to be shown, as a proff of elf employment?
3) will they verify from my students about the training provided to them as self employed?
Kindly guide me.....

asfand123

Oct 7, 2014
1.) you must show proof of payment for the whole time you are claiming. eg. if you are claiming 1 year then you must provide one bank statement from 1 year ago and one from now, if you are claiming 2 years then you need to provide one bank statement from 2 years ago and so on
2.) as many years as you are claiming points for, at least 1 year to be eligible for Express Entry
3) your students must provide reference letters with contact details, I don't know if IRCC will contact them, but they might.

Do you have any qualification to coach archery? Have you won any competitions either yourself or as coach? Been in a national team? If you have medals, certificates, news paper reports etc upload them as well.

If you don't have a website, make one now. Proper domain, have a description of your business, photos of classes, photos of students, competitions etc. Add your business to Google Maps with phone number, photo etc. The more professional it looks the more likely IRCC won't check too much. If you don't have a website it's likely that it will require a review.
But i recive my payments in cash,, now i am planning to make a bank account in the club name... i will also go for a website- but is it compulsory to have the money shown in the bank account?

asfand123

Oct 7, 2014
i have my training certificates from archery assiciation of my province, which has the legal authority to provide coach training.

Asha Kalra

Jul 18, 2021
Hello,
Sorry for such a delayed reply. Here is what I did for my OINP application:
I am a CA in practice. I provided the following documents for my work experience:
1. Reference letters for 5 clients
2. Copies of invoices raised on those 5 clients
3. Documents issued by ICAI like CoP, Firm Registration Certificate, etc.
4. Bank statement for the entire period for which I claimed work experience
5. IT returns showing business/profession as a source of income

They have approved this for me and I got my nomination.

PS: VERY IMPORTANT - I had claimed about 4 years of work experience of which 3 was from the above mentioned practice and 1 was from my employment for which I gave documents like offer letter, employment letter, payslips, resignation letter, reference letter, etc. I believe OINP's minimum work experience requirement is 1 year. So, there is a theoretical possibility that they considered only the documents for my employment and gave me a nomination based on that. This is important to disclaim here because PR requires 3 years of work experience at a minimum.
Hello Vmh28,
I am also Chartered account practising for last 7 years. I have applied for work permit, now i need to submit work ex, can you please e-mail reference letter sample which you have made for clients on caashakalra@yahoo,com, i can not find anything on format of it and please guide me on any important point while preparing it if any.

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hey all, I am Claiming points for self employment. In letters from client, do they need to mention the hours as I worked with then for a few projects.
Please help