+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-employed experience for the FSWP. Confused. Please help.

am4501

Jan 27, 2016
Hi everybody!

I am new to the forum and just has started my journey to Canada.

Here is the question I am confused with.

Most of my professional experience comes from the companies I was employed by, which I will confirm with the letters of reference. But for the last 5 years I work as a self-employed consultant in the same industry with the same NOC. Does this experience contributes to my primary NOC? How to confirm self-employed experience, copies of the contracts with my clients, letters of reference from my clients? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Alexey

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am pretty much in the same situation as your were. I have worked in a software company for 2 years, after that I have worked as a self employed software developer for 1.5 years. 6 months back, I incorporated my own software product company. How do I mention my work experience in the Express Entry profile. Can you tell me how you went about with your application?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joohi said:
Hello,
I am pretty much in the same situation as your were. I have worked in a software company for 2 years, after that I have worked as a self employed software developer for 1.5 years. 6 months back, I incorporated my own software product company. How do I mention my work experience in the Express Entry profile. Can you tell me how you went about with your application?
You will need to provide documentation that proves everything that would otherwise be mentioned in your reference letter (roles and responsibilities, salary, etc.).
For roles and responsibilities, you ill need to get co-workers or clients to write you a reference letter, stating that they have observed you completing those tasks.
For salary, you can provide tax invoices, company audits, etc.

And so on.

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
You will need to provide documentation that proves everything that would otherwise be mentioned in your reference letter (roles and responsibilities, salary, etc.).
For roles and responsibilities, you ill need to get co-workers or clients to write you a reference letter, stating that they have observed you completing those tasks.
For salary, you can provide tax invoices, company audits, etc.

And so on.
Thanks for your response. The problem here is that, there is a gap of 1.5 years between the time I quit my job, and incorporated my company. I am not sure what proof of work experience can I provide for that gap period. As I was working independently at that time, I do not have any financial records of salary, tax invoices or audits. I also did not have many clients in the initial period of those 1.5 years.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks for your response. The problem here is that, there is a gap of 1.5 years between the time I quit my job, and incorporated my company. I am not sure what proof of work experience can I provide for that gap period. As I was working independently at that time, I do not have any financial records of salary, tax invoices or audits. I also did not have many clients in the initial period of those 1.5 years.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
Hi joohi, did you end up applying and claiming points for this 1.5 years?