+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking help/advice.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Cheljan said:
Thank for your quick reply;

The problem is' "We wont Lie" As We are Christians I canot have my Girlfriend say; "Tell them that you are coming as a visitor", (like you are telling Me)... But the reason is to get married. So what I am reading between the lines, is that We have to lie, so we can married in Canada to stay... with of course applying for the "PR". I simply dont get it, as why we canot say we want to get married... We are now engaged for I already ask her hand in marriage to her Father, Via Video through by internet months ago...

I hope there is a solution, other then Lying...I just want things to work Rightfuly and Honestly.

Thank You
Have her apply for a visitor visa to Canada, and write her purpose of obtaining a visa as getting married. You are honest that is why you are getting a visa to be able to enter Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheljan said:
Thank for your quick reply;

The problem is' "We wont Lie" As We are Christians I canot have my Girlfriend say; "Tell them that you are coming as a visitor", (like you are telling Me)... But the reason is to get married. So what I am reading between the lines, is that We have to lie, so we can married in Canada to stay... with of course applying for the "PR". I simply dont get it, as why we canot say we want to get married... We are now engaged for I already ask her hand in marriage to her Father, Via Video through by internet months ago...

I hope there is a solution, other then Lying...I just want things to work Rightfuly and Honestly.

Thank You
I don't agree with your definition of lying. If I say I am going to the store but really I am going to the store and the pharmacy, did I lie? I don't think so, I just did not give a detailed itiniary. Visiting boyfriend is absolutely not lying. What she is going to do with boyfriend, shopping, sightseeing, getting married etc. is another story.

You can have her say she is planning on getting married. It would be better that she can prove that she is coming back to the US after the wedding such as a letter from an employer about her job in the US etc. If she is not planning on going back after the wedding and she tells them that, it's unlikely that they will let her in. Instead you can marry in the US but she will have to apply for a fiance visa for you.

Cheljan

Jan 5, 2010
Thinking You so very Much;

How Long does it take to receive the Canadian Visiters Visa, after it is send that is?

Thanking You again...God Bless your Heart

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Cheljan said:
Thinking You so very Much;

How Long does it take to receive the Canadian Visiters Visa, after it is send that is?

Thanking You again...God Bless your Heart
A visitor's visa can be processed in a day. Check the website of the Canadian visa office closest to where she is in the US. Technically though, she does not need a visa to enter Canada. Buffalo: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/apply_pr_tr-demande_rp_rt.aspx?lang=eng#TR

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
A downside to this is she might be denied a visitor visa. So she must have enough proof/ties that her coming to Canada is precisely for a visit with intent to marry inside Canada; so a job/business to go back to when her allowed visit is over will help.

Kewjoe

Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
19-01-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2011
Cheljen, is your girlfriend/fiance American? I thought you said she was, if so she does not need a visitors visa to get into Canada. She just comes.

Cheljan

Jan 5, 2010
Thank you KewJoe;

Yes, She is an American, and we have desided to get married in the state side even though it isn't what we want, I know that we wont have any problems this way... To tell You the truth, even though I love my country (Canada), I am very disapointed in the Canadian rule, for with all the answers that has been given between my fiance and I were quite contridictive...

Thank You and God Bless Y'All...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's some information for you on applying for a fiance visa to the US: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

I believe Canada did away with these visas some years ago because they were being abused but I don't quite know the history of that.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Leon said:
I don't agree with your definition of lying. If I say I am going to the store but really I am going to the store and the pharmacy, did I lie? I don't think so, I just did not give a detailed itiniary. Visiting boyfriend is absolutely not lying. What she is going to do with boyfriend, shopping, sightseeing, getting married etc. is another story.

You can have her say she is planning on getting married. It would be better that she can prove that she is coming back to the US after the wedding such as a letter from an employer about her job in the US etc. If she is not planning on going back after the wedding and she tells them that, it's unlikely that they will let her in. Instead you can marry in the US but she will have to apply for a fiance visa for you.
Agreed. Since we are working on my partner immigration application to Canada and my application for same to US in case it fails I can say that if you feel morally obligated to give the whole true and nothing but the truth (rather than just answer truthfully the specific questions asked) you will encounter the same trouble getting into the US to marry her. She IS a visitor: she will arrive and return, that is a visit. Do not elaborate beyond needed and either of you should be fine. This process is hard enough, as every one here can attest, don't make it more difficult for yourselves than it need be! But yes, be honest, absolutely.

I get this, btw, I am prone to providing too much information also. Just address the questions as asked clearly, concisely and do not offer additional information.

janchel

Jan 1, 2010
Leon said:

Hi,

Been doing some research and talked to U.S. immigration yesterday. They told me that my fiance could come to the states and marry, without a fiance visa, as long as he was not wanting to reside here, and he would not need any other type of 'added' visa. It is not against the law to travel to the US and marry, in other words, if you are not planning on remaining there. The fiance visa is just for those whom are planning on residing here. (US).

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
janchel said:
Hi,

Been doing some research and talked to U.S. immigration yesterday. They told me that my fiance could come to the states and marry, without a fiance visa, as long as he was not wanting to reside here, and he would not need any other type of 'added' visa. It is not against the law to travel to the US and marry, in other words, if you are not planning on remaining there. The fiance visa is just for those whom are planning on residing here. (US).
So you can get married in the US then. Best wishes :).

janchel

Jan 1, 2010
job_seeker said:
So you can get married in the US then. Best wishes :).
Yes, thank you!

I am prepared to be separated from him after marriage, for awhile, since I think I will be applying for PR 'outland'. How do I go about getting my name changed on my passport? Thanks in advance.... ;D

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
janchel said:
Hi,

I was married in the US while being on visitor visa - it didn't cause any problems for me at all. CIC accepts US marriages, for us it was the best stress free solution.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
janchel said:
Yes, thank you!

I am prepared to be separated from him after marriage, for awhile, since I think I will be applying for PR 'outland'. How do I go about getting my name changed on my passport? Thanks in advance.... ;D
if you are planning on waiting for your PR process in your country, you can apply for your new passport with name changed according to your marriage certificate.

janchel

Jan 1, 2010
Suin said:
if you are planning on waiting for your PR process in your country, you can apply for your new passport with name changed according to your marriage certificate.
Yes, I will be applying for my PR in the USA, after marriage, but wanted to know..is it complicated to travel to Canada after you receive your new passport, while you are awaiting for the PR to go through? I may want to travel there for a few weeks during the wait. USA immigration said it is no problem, but I havent talked to the Canadian side as of yet. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.