+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice on Spousal Visitor Visa Rejection

ihamgold

Aug 28, 2024
Are you also applying for Spousal PR? This forum has shown many visitor visa rejection for spouse since it is hard to demonstrate they will leave Canada.

Reactions: amir1993

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Are you also applying for Spousal PR? This forum has shown many visitor visa rejection for spouse since it is hard to demonstrate they will leave Canada.
Yes. I also applied for her PR on May this year.

Almost 1 month ago her application opened on Sydney.

So why did they put this program and said we process their applications faster if they want to reject? :(
What is the solution?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. I also applied for her PR on May this year.

Almost 1 month ago her application opened on Sydney.

So why did they put this program and said we process their applications faster if they want to reject? :(
What is the solution?
There are still far more approvals than before new policy but a TRV is never guaranteed. The fact that you have minimal in person time together in person, that she has no ties to Iran, you have low amount of savings, she is from Iran, etc. all likely factored into the decision. You also applied soon after the application arrived. You have 2 options either wait for sponsorship approval or try to apply for another TRV.

Reactions: amir1993

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
There are still far more approvals than before new policy but a TRV is never guaranteed. The fact that you have minimal in person time together in person, that she has no ties to Iran, you have low amount of savings, she is from Iran, etc. all likely factored into the decision. You also applied soon after the application arrived. You have 2 options either wait for sponsorship approval or try to apply for another TRV.
Thank you for your clear explanation. Appreciate it.
I'm also following up on the other application. but there is no update on it.

I have another question regarding her sponsorship application and appreciate any advice:

I applied for my wife’s sponsorship in May of this year, and after receiving approval, I was given an application number and a file number. However, the UCI number assigned to her application is exactly the same as mine on my PR card, so it’s not unique to her.

I’m also in the process of applying for citizenship, and the UCI number for my citizenship application is the same as the UCI number for her sponsorship. This has caused issues when I try to track or link her application using the status tracker. I keep getting an error saying the system doesn’t detect her profile.

My wife hasn’t received any unique UCI number or application number. As her unpaid representative, I receive all the emails related to her application, but now I’m confused because I can’t track her application or check the status.

I would appreciate any support or advice on what I should do to resolve this. Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your clear explanation. Appreciate it.
I'm also following up on the other application. but there is no update on it.

I have another question regarding her sponsorship application and appreciate any advice:

I applied for my wife’s sponsorship in May of this year, and after receiving approval, I was given an application number and a file number. However, the UCI number assigned to her application is exactly the same as mine on my PR card, so it’s not unique to her.

I’m also in the process of applying for citizenship, and the UCI number for my citizenship application is the same as the UCI number for her sponsorship. This has caused issues when I try to track or link her application using the status tracker. I keep getting an error saying the system doesn’t detect her profile.

My wife hasn’t received any unique UCI number or application number. As her unpaid representative, I receive all the emails related to her application, but now I’m confused because I can’t track her application or check the status.

I would appreciate any support or advice on what I should do to resolve this. Thank you!
What do you mean not being able track her application as her formal representative? Has she done medical and biometrics?

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
What do you mean not being able track her application? Has she done medical and biometrics?
She did the Biometric because of her visitor visa, and she didn't get any medical test requirement yet.

When I want to create an account for he, I get the following error:

Correct these errors:
  • Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She did the Biometric because of her visitor visa, and she didn't get any medical test requirement yet.

When I want to create an account for he, I get the following error:

Correct these errors:
  • Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.
Probably no AOR yet.