+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary review

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Got GcMs notes yesterday night & it says under eligibility

‘SPR SECONDARY REVIEW REQUIRED’

What it means? Most probably they’ll invite for interview?

Thanks

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Nobody knows 100% what it means for your application. It means they need to do more checks, maybe it will result in them needing more supporting documents from you, maybe it means you will need to do an interview. Be prepared for any outcome. As long as your application is truthful and you have the supporting documents they need, the process should go smoothly and you should have nothing to worry about.

I have found lots of different threads on this same topic from people in a similar situation, just give the forum a good search.

Reactions: zoya_99

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Nobody knows 100% what it means for your application. It means they need to do more checks, maybe it will result in them needing more supporting documents from you, maybe it means you will need to do an interview. Be prepared for any outcome. As long as your application is truthful and you have the supporting documents they need, the process should go smoothly and you should have nothing to worry about.

I have found lots of different threads on this same topic from people in a similar situation, just give the forum a good search.
THANKS

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015

I’m surprised because I didn’t get anything in my mail or email that says ‘file sent for further processing ‘

Moreover they didn’t request anything from the sponsor. On the other hand, they requested docs from PA

Even though the notes says ‘sponsor: secondary review requested’

Really surprising!

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Sponsor approval is suppose to be easy to determine but for your notes to say sponsor secondary review may mean that during the background check they may have found something they are concerned about.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Sponsor approval is suppose to be easy to determine but for your notes to say sponsor secondary review may mean that during the background check they may have found something they are concerned about.
Thanks.

But how come they didn’t request anything from sponsor? They requested from PA though

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Moreover there’s a mistake in sponsor’s country of birth as well..

I double checked our forms we filled it correctly

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
It's difficult to understand the status without seeing the actual notes. At the very end of GCMS notes, there should be a lengthy paragraph about initial review, you should be able to get a sense of their concern there. Also, so long as the process is not over, they can ask for more documents, let's hope whatever they are checking on their own is enough to satisfy them though.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
It's difficult to understand the status without seeing the actual notes. At the very end of GCMS notes, there should be a lengthy paragraph about initial review, you should be able to get a sense of their concern there. Also, so long as the process is not over, they can ask for more documents, let's hope whatever they are checking on their own is enough to satisfy them though.
There’s no note on the file whatsoever

I read each & every line

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
There’s no note on the file whatsoever

I read each & every line
Weird. Because I must have read hundreds of GCMS notes and there is always that initial review paragraph. That’s too bad you can’t clarify from the notes. Waiting is frustrating.

nikkic121

May 17, 2021
Got GcMs notes yesterday night & it says under eligibility

‘SPR SECONDARY REVIEW REQUIRED’

What it means? Most probably they’ll invite for interview?

Thanks
Did you get sponsor approval after that?
I have a same note now.
Could you please reply?

skamboj7999

May 21, 2023
Hi
Can you please tell me what documents are requested from PRINCIPAL APPLICANT?

But how come they didn’t request anything from sponsor? They requested from PA though
[/QUOTE]