+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Review Petition

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
To everyone who is waiting, I know its incredibly difficult waiting for something as simple as a PR card renewal and especially the intransigence of the Liberal government. They actually seem to be worse than the conservatives and that is the tragedy of it all. At least with the conservatives you got your cards within a year and they honestly posted more accurate timelines. The Liberals post artificially reduced timelines because they know the secondary reviews are not tracked. My suggestion is to remember this when you get your chance in 2019. All my friends whom the conservatives made wait for double the time to get their citizenship voted against them because they were livid at the heartache. And unlike the US, we have a 3rd option in the NDP.

Remember how the kids from the YLC reacted to the PM when he came to give his usual fancy blah blah. I am so proud of our kids. That is what we need to be, i.e. honest and hold politicians to account. I can almost assure you that these politicians will come back in 2 years asking for money, your opinion etc

In the new budget, they have the nerve to ensure foreigners can enter the country in under 2 weeks and yet, they cant help people who are already here. So we have to look at this long term, not short term even though I know its difficult.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
vop said:
To everyone who is waiting, I know its incredibly difficult waiting for something as simple as a PR card renewal and especially the intransigence of the Liberal government. They actually seem to be worse than the conservatives and that is the tragedy of it all. At least with the conservatives you got your cards within a year and they honestly posted more accurate timelines. The Liberals post artificially reduced timelines because they know the secondary reviews are not tracked. My suggestion is to remember this when you get your chance in 2019. All my friends whom the conservatives made wait for double the time to get their citizenship voted against them because they were livid at the heartache. And unlike the US, we have a 3rd option in the NDP.

Remember how the kids from the YLC reacted to the PM when he came to give his usual fancy blah blah. I am so proud of our kids. That is what we need to be, i.e. honest and hold politicians to account. I can almost assure you that these politicians will come back in 2 years asking for money, your opinion etc

In the new budget, they have the nerve to ensure foreigners can enter the country in under 2 weeks and yet, they cant help people who are already here. So we have to look at this long term, not short term even though I know its difficult.
Hi

You are right, no words for this Government...they are behaving CHILDISH..All PR applicants/SR are in bad shape...

There intention is :

Present Citizens/PR = Future Refugees

Refugees = Future Citizens

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
quasar81 said:
How can we follow up on petition?
Sent email to Immigration Minister/Prime Minister on October 1, 2016 and send two reminders..but till date no response..

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hi All,

I believe they are starting to process PR Card secondary review cases. I wanted to check if those in the below list if they have received their cards and who among the list are still waiting.

1 - Vop - Info Received
2 - Heeradeepak - Card Received
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman
11 - Mikekoo
12 - Jerry Zhang
13 - JJS
14 - Ezlib - Info Received - Card Received
15 - Amr Maraie
16 - Frankma
17 - JN-PETER
18 - Elliesun - Card Received
19 - Gauri Gupta08 - Info Received
20 - Hasan F - Info Received
21 - Kawkab H - Info Received
22 - Zaineh F - Info Received
23 - Happilee
24 - Helenliu
25 - Daisey178
26 - Jessica Li
27 - rbrar14 - Info Received
28 - Ivylane - Info Received
29 - AnvarKurbanov - Info Received - Card Received
30 - zsahyoun - Info Received
31 - JAPC
32 - ND15
33 - Decent guy - Info Received - Card received
34 - Chenny - Info Received
35 - NSL - Info Received
36 - Fabi@Otown
37 - Marahmarah – Info Received
38 - AK Verma
39 - Thmommo
40 - hbzmd - Info Received
41/42/43/44 - loulita - Info Received - Four Members
45 – jungshan - Info Received
46 - mira8098 - Info Received

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
vop said:
Hi All,

I believe they are starting to process PR Card secondary review cases. I wanted to check if those in the below list if they have received their cards and who among the list are still waiting.

1 - Vop - Info Received
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman
11 - Mikekoo
12 - Jerry Zhang
13 - JJS
14 - Ezlib - Info Received - Card Received
15 - Amr Maraie
16 - Frankma
17 - JN-PETER
18 - Elliesun - Card Received
19 - Gauri Gupta08 - Info Received
20 - Hasan F - Info Received
21 - Kawkab H - Info Received
22 - Zaineh F - Info Received
23 - Happilee
24 - Helenliu
25 - Daisey178
26 - Jessica Li
27 - rbrar14 - Info Received
28 - Ivylane - Info Received
29 - AnvarKurbanov - Info Received - Card Received
30 - zsahyoun - Info Received
31 - JAPC
32 - ND15
33 - Decent guy - Info Received
34 - Chenny - Info Received
35 - NSL - Info Received
36 - Fabi@Otown
37 - Marahmarah – Info Received
38 - AK Verma
39 - Thmommo
40 - hbzmd - Info Received
41/42/43/44 - loulita - Info Received - Four Members
45 – jungshan - Info Received
46 - mira8098 - Info Received
HasanF, Kawkab H , and Zaineh F still waiting since August 2015

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Just as an fyi, i think the department is aware of the problem with all these backlogged secondary review cases. And I know personally that while I wished they put more accountability in the process like clearing cases by a certain date, I also know they continually got this feedback during the sojourns throughout the country this past summer. So am hopeful they might actually take heed. Please note that even though the incoming liberal govt is pushing changes, the bureaucracy is still from the conservative era. Especially if bureaucrats are telling the govt that they need to look at these renewal cases more thoroughly for prudence purposes, the govt will allow them that latitude. Also, many of those who are waiting were from criteria they had in 2015. Those in 2016 probably have newer criteria and is most likely faster hence, the reason that even those with under 800 days were getting approved. Because in 2014, 2015, almost all cases for those who just met the reqt were getting secondary reviewed. The only advantage with the conservative rules were that secondary reviews had a max 1 year timeline by when the case had to be processed but the liberals on the other hand are not putting in such markers or even mentioning these cases on the website.

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi all still waiting for my pr card
Timeline is

Application received feb 2015 started processing 31st march 2015 letter sent 31st marchb2015 information sent back to them 9th April 2015 since then nothing

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Friends

Sent SRP (email) to Immigration Minister & Prime Minister 5 times in last 45 days.......they are so shameless that not taking care of even sending a single line response....this is an example of totally immatured Government, they have to face results of there own doings in near future....just wait n watch..

Positive news is that, as per forum update they might be working on May/June 2015 files...let's hope for the best and pray.. because we can't expect anything positive from this Government...

Please don't lose your hope.....All the best for your patience....keep it up

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
ivylane said:
Hi all still waiting for my pr card
Timeline is

Application received feb 2015 started processing 31st march 2015 letter sent 31st marchb2015 information sent back to them 9th April 2015 since then nothing
Hi @ivylane, since ur file is from Feb 2015, have you considered asking help from your MP and also, have you requested your case notes ? If you can request your case notes and if you see that it hasnt been touched, I would suggest to talk to your MP to find out why because your case would've been with them for close to 2 years and you would be having a strong case to make with your MP that your file has been pending for close to 2 years. Most of the rest of us are 1 Year+ which in itself is long but just a thought

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi Vop I did ask my MP in September because my mum was ill and she told me to go and visit my mum and get a prtd I didn't go because I was afraid I would not get a prtd quick enough so have been waiting and hoping my pr card comes otherwise I might just have to go to the uk. I will try again with the mo and also get my case file notes

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Nahh man, 2 years is like suffering death of pain.
1 year is like a punishment.
Because 45 days is normal processing.
How do you claim that 1.5 months vs 12 months is any fair to Regualrs PRS vs SR PR's ?
That is a brutal system. Specially for the buddy with 2 years of wait ? That is just so pathetic. I cant believe this is 2016 with all technology and resources they have, they still takin years to process cards.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
ivylane said:
Hi Vop I did ask my MP in September because my mum was ill and she told me to go and visit my mum and get a prtd I didn't go because I was afraid I would not get a prtd quick enough so have been waiting and hoping my pr card comes otherwise I might just have to go to the uk. I will try again with the mo and also get my case file notes
Hi @ivylane, yes, for sure, would suggest that you obtain your case notes and see if they have looked into the file. And then, with that info, you can inquire with your MP if the MP can inquire on your behalf. And i hope its processed soon for u. Also, you can also use your MP's office to inquire on your behalf and just as an fyi to those who are waiting. I had a quick chat with an attorney who told me that the IRCC has finally turned its attention to processing secondary review cases. They are aware of the backlog and while there is no surety by when the case will be processed, i think, at least if they are aware of the backlog, that is some progress, I think. Previously, it felt that the secondary review cases were not even being looked at.

Also, updated list is below :-

1 - Vop - Info Received
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman
11 - Mikekoo