+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Review Petition

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Guys this is boiling blood, 12 months and waiting, not a single word, why does they make it so hard for citizenship and yet want to imprison immigrants? What do we causing harm for leaving Canada?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
marahmarah said:
Usually each process (in our case secondary review) follows a well defined procedures and bulletin including a time frame. There is nothing called "there is no timeline". Can anybody share with us which process/procedures / bulletin that deals with secondary review. There must be a time frame and cannot be open ended.

Thanks to all,
OMG!

I was thinking it is only for Parents sponsorship. Surprise it is for PR cards as well. un-believable :(

I had applied for parents sponsorship in June 2010. It is now 7th year and CIC did not able to check my eligibility as a sponsor. I got letter for secondary review in Feb 2016. Application process started in August 2015.

And yes answer is "There is no time line when application is in secondary review"

My MP said, there are people who has applications since 10 years and 13 years why you are worried :(
I went to office of Minister of immigration, The staff there said "It is office of MP not the Minister. You also can not meet the minister coz it is conflict of interest. I said I am not here for my file, i m here it ask general question what is time line for Secondary review

Of-course call center even do not want to talk to us

I can not believe how some office is not answerable to any one, even when we had paid for services (I am sure there is fee to renew PR card). How it can take that long when every thing is required from with in Canada.

May be have to sent many emails to justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca

I think i have to tell people from PGP to join this

Seems immigration process/procedure is totally broken :( and people working there are not answerable to any one. They are sitting there, getting paid for doing nothing. UN-BELIEVABLE
I still did not understand this. These kind of situation does not exists, even in 3rd world Countries these days. How come in Canada it is happening ?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Friends

SRP sent on October 1, 2016, today completed 2 weeks but no response (even no confirmation email) from Prime Minister/Immigration Minister's Office...either they are very Busy OR Lazy.....can't use shameful word here because it's not enough to express our feelings...

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
marahmarah said:
Usually each process (in our case secondary review) follows a well defined procedures and bulletin including a time frame. There is nothing called "there is no timeline". Can anybody share with us which process/procedures / bulletin that deals with secondary review. There must be a time frame and cannot be open ended.

Thanks to all,
I do believe in 2013, the conservatives revisited the rules on PR card renewals and made it onerous and gave officials a blanket cover to push applications and put them on the backburner for anything they deemed 'not straightforward'. The same applied to citizenship processing. Now, the 'not straightforward' definition is up to the interpretation of the inspecting officer. So they listed a set of criteria and I believe some of the criteria/so called red flags as per them are,

1) if you have renewed your passport during this time
2) if you have less than 1000 days at the time of applying for PR renewal

etc.

http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob536.asp

However, because of the uproar over citizenship backlogs in the ethnic media whereby, people assumed that the conservatives were purposely delaying citizenship for people(in the name of system integrity), the conservatives went all panicky and approved them en masse. For PR card renewals, they didnt do the same and the previous instructions remained. Having said that, they still havent cleared up the previous citizenship backlog. So when it comes to PR card renewals, unless there is a concerted decision by the Minister, or his group to address all the backlogs, its difficult because they are not transparent in what they are doing.

If you write to the PM or try to meet with the IRCC minister, they come up with the excuse that they dont want to interfere in an independent process. Do you remember who used to give this same excuse ? The infamous 'Chris Alexander' who denied the Kurdi family even a hearing. I have to admit that unless one takes to the media and shames them, only those cases in these backlogs seem to get addressed. When I hear them giving the excuse of "not wanting to interfere", i do admit it concerns me because they seem to be acting 100% like the conservatives except with a smile. Honestly, I do feel only God can help us at this point because remember how all those kids who were not getting paid for 6 months + working for the federal government but they never uttered a word until word got out in the media. In addition to all this, the Harper govt cut staff through attrition. So this entire combo of events has led to where we are now with IRCC.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
vop said:
I do believe in 2013, the conservatives revisited the rules on PR card renewals and made it onerous and gave officials a blanket cover to push applications and put them on the backburner for anything they deemed 'not straightforward'. The same applied to citizenship processing. Now, the 'not straightforward' definition is up to the interpretation of the inspecting officer. So they listed a set of criteria and I believe some of the criteria/so called red flags as per them are,

1) if you have renewed your passport during this time
2) if you have less than 1000 days at the time of applying for PR renewal

etc.

http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob536.asp

However, because of the uproar over citizenship backlogs in the ethnic media whereby, people assumed that the conservatives were purposely delaying citizenship for people(in the name of system integrity), the conservatives went all panicky and approved them en masse. For PR card renewals, they didnt do the same and the previous instructions remained. Having said that, they still havent cleared up the previous citizenship backlog. So when it comes to PR card renewals, unless there is a concerted decision by the Minister, or his group to address all the backlogs, its difficult because they are not transparent in what they are doing.

If you write to the PM or try to meet with the IRCC minister, they come up with the excuse that they dont want to interfere in an independent process. Do you remember who used to give this same excuse ? The infamous 'Chris Alexander' who denied the Kurdi family even a hearing. I have to admit that unless one takes to the media and shames them, only those cases in these backlogs seem to get addressed. When I hear them giving the excuse of "not wanting to interfere", i do admit it concerns me because they seem to be acting 100% like the conservatives except with a smile. Honestly, I do feel only God can help us at this point because remember how all those kids who were not getting paid for 6 months + working for the federal government but they never uttered a word until word got out in the media. In addition to all this, the Harper govt cut staff through attrition. So this entire combo of events has led to where we are now with IRCC.
Harper govt was standing behind their promises but liberals are saying something and doing something else best example is how bill C24 conservative got passed and how bill C6 is delayed in liberal government.

If this minister will continue one more year CIC will create huge backlog in all services.

During conservative regime secondary review cases were taking 8-10 months only now reach to 24 months

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
is anyone going to contact the media or no ? I see NO hope in getting a reply from PM because it has been Ignored and it seems like whoever has access to his emails seemed to send the Petition email to spam haha.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
rbrar14 said:
is anyone going to contact the media or no ? I see NO hope in getting a reply from PM because it has been Ignored and it seems like whoever has access to his emails seemed to send the Petition email to spam haha.
Only main media is a solution.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
vop said:
I do believe in 2013, the conservatives revisited the rules on PR card renewals and made it onerous and gave officials a blanket cover to push applications and put them on the backburner for anything they deemed 'not straightforward'.
I am totally agree

Conservative definitely did many things to make hard, I can say for all categories, never realized it is against people's lives and families.

I had applied my citizenship in 2009 and got in 2014. It was more than 5 years. They made some changes no body even knows, definitely making hard for anyone to be a Canadian citizen.

They have tried to ruin the wonderfulness and uniqueness of the country :(

And even this current party was participating them time to time . May be not worst as that previous one

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
I totally agree with you guys !
CIC and IRCC need a complete overhaul. They are playing with the lives of innocent people.
Even in my case, its more than 17 months since I submitted my PR renewal application and they have not requested a single document so far.
Regarding Bil-C6 , I understand the house of common meets from 17th October to 4th November,2016.
During this period they might finalize .
Our only options left to draw the attention of higher authorities is ;
1.Media
2.All of us must meet in front of the Parliment holding placards and stage a protest until our voices are heard.

Let us know your thoughts and lets move !

On Saurday night there was a telecast on CP24 about the the Russian Julia Yakob's PR Card issue and the caption said "IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS REVERSE DECISION REVOKING RESIDENCY"

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Already forwarded SRP to local Radio and talked with Representative, he was talking very nicely when described the whole scenario,,,,

"We are always trying to help Society......" ( Money Matters ?!? ) but not responded email / call when called for follow-up...

Better we should try to contact Chief Editor of Toronto Star or any leading Newspaper

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
AJK_9 said:
Already forwarded SRP to local Radio and talked with Representative, he was talking very nicely when described the whole scenario,,,,

"We are always trying to help Society......" ( Money Matters ?!? ) but not responded email / call when called for follow-up...

Better we should try to contact Chief Editor of Toronto Star or any leading Newspaper
So any luck with the editor guy or no ? We came this far with the petition. We should keep trying man

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Yo decent guy, beo we all from different cities so the Protest isnt no good and they already dont care so idk man, we gotta come up with something out of the box. We need some Manager/editor who is willing to put petition up on news.

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
Hi,
From the messages I figured out that they are now working on applications sent until end of April, 2015
Next , those who sent their applications by May 2015 can expect !
Let's keep our fingers crossed.

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
Hi,
If you check the following you will notice that they are working on April, 2015 applications and next will be May 2015 applications and many of us are in that batch.
NAME APPLICATION RECEIVED SECONDARY REVIEW PR CARD ISSUED
Ezlib 2nd April, 2015 3rd June, 2015 29 July 2016
Ellie Sun 20th April, 2015 15th July, 2015 October 2016

Let us hope for the best !