+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Review Petition

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
AJK_9 said:
Thanks for sharing...once again... It's law ONLY....Do you think they know this rule....pl take it positively, it's not question to you....it's to Government ?!?

Few members raised question that we won't get any response from Government ( to some extent they are right ) but still I am very positive that they have to answer, they can't escape from there responsibility towards prospective citizens

We sent an email on October 1, 2016 but till date not received even a confirmation email...so shameful....
I would strongly suggest sending it as a mail instead of an email. They are getting way too many emails with people complaining about processing times. On the website, they are showing processing time of 57 days which is what the Minister is seeing. The department is either obfuscating the actual backlog for secondary reviews from the Minister as it isnt being tracked anywhere or the Minister is aware and he is allowing it to continue. I dont know which is the case. Also, if you google cic sydney nova scotia online, and if you look at their Google Reviews, for the CIC Centralized Processing office, they have 3 reviews - And all 3 have given them high marks which is ridiculous. But then again, the only way to get the Minister is for there to show that their processing is woeful. Unfortunately, to the outside world, there is no such metric. In fact, the Auditor General asked that the department post such a metric in 2010. Till date, that hasnt been implemented.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
vop said:
I would strongly suggest sending it as a mail instead of an email. They are getting way too many emails with people complaining about processing times. On the website, they are showing processing time of 57 days which is what the Minister is seeing. The department is either obfuscating the actual backlog for secondary reviews from the Minister as it isnt being tracked anywhere or the Minister is aware and he is allowing it to continue. I dont know which is the case. Also, if you google cic sydney nova scotia online, and if you look at their Google Reviews, for the CIC Centralized Processing office, they have 3 reviews - And all 3 have given them high marks which is ridiculous. But then again, the only way to get the Minister is for there to show that their processing is woeful. Unfortunately, to the outside world, there is no such metric. In fact, the Auditor General asked that the department post such a metric in 2010. Till date, that hasnt been implemented.

Yes, a tracking mail plus a copy of that to the media groups too.

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
I suggest to send it to the MEDIA.

Any body can access to the media, please he has to help
Or we can go and an uprising in front of the parliament or some where to make the media taking care of us
We have to do any thing to make the prime minister know about our cases

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Good idea to contact Media, if anyone is ready to take that responsibility, I tried to contact media but in vain..

You can send this petition to media, if you have any contacts

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
Hi Guys,
Enough is enough !
Its time to get on to media now. ;D

Here are the contacts.
But prepare the draft before that.( let us all put together a strong worded draft)

Patricia Lonergan
News Room -News Tip
Brampton Guardian
3145 Wolfedale Road
Mississauga, ON L5C 3A9

Shanifa Nasser
CBC Toronto Newsroom (News Tip)
P.O. Box 500 Stn A
Toronto, Ontario
M5W 1E6

Shanifa Nasser
205 Wellington St. West
Room 4E301-B
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 3G7
Dennis Choquette
National Editor (News Tip)
Globe and Mail
444, Front Street W,
Toronto. ON
M5V 2S9

Nicole Macintyre
Toronto Editor (News Tip)
Globe and Mail
444, Front Street W,
Toronto. ON
M5V 2S9

Jordon Timm
Executive Producer. News (News Tip)
National Post
3rd Floor, 365 Bloor Street E,
Toronto. ON
M4W 3L4

Jo-Anne MacDonald
National Post
Toronto. ON
M4W 3L4

David Holland
Acting Publisher (News Tip)
Toronto Star
1 Yonge Street,
Toronto. ON
M5E 1W7

Metro Toronto
News tip-Editorial department
625 Church St, Toronto, ON M4Y 2G1

Toronto Sun
365 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 3S9

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
decent guy said:
Hi Guys,
Enough is enough !

Here are the contacts.
But prepare the draft before that.( let us all put together a strong worded draft)

Patricia Lonergan
News Room -News Tip
Brampton Guardian
3145 Wolfedale Road
Mississauga, ON L5C 3A9

Shanifa Nasser
P.O. Box 500 Stn A
Toronto, Ontario
M5W 1E6

Shanifa Nasser
205 Wellington St. West
Room 4E301-B
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 3G7
Dennis Choquette
Globe and Mail
444, Front Street W,
Toronto. ON
M5V 2S9

Nicole Macintyre
Globe and Mail
444, Front Street W,
Toronto. ON
M5V 2S9

Jordon Timm
National Post
Toronto. ON
M4W 3L4

Jo-Anne MacDonald
National Post
Toronto. ON
M4W 3L4

David Holland
Toronto Star
1 Yonge Street,
Toronto. ON
M5E 1W7

Metro Toronto

Toronto Sun
Thanks, do you have email address or contact number so we can forward SRP to all concerned

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
Let's get everyones opinion how they all want to go about?
I think if sending to press it has to be anonymous , but just mention at the bottom of the report as "PR CARD RENEWAL APPLICANTS"

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
decent guy said:
Let's get everyones opinion how they all want to go about?
I think if sending to press it has to be anonymous , but just mention at the bottom of the report as "PR CARD RENEWAL APPLICANTS"
You can send an email to Go Public - http://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic

You can just ask them if they can inquire with the department on why PR card renewal is taking years for applicants while the website is falsely proclaiming 57 days when there are people who have been waiting since 2014-2015. And by when can the people expect the promised "real change" or whatever that means.

Yes, just be anonymous. You can also contact this reporter who did a story on it

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/permanent-residence-card-delays-leave-thousands-without-id

You can just email her and ask her if the person who volunteered to go public got her PR card renewed eventually ? If not, if they can do a follow up. And/or why is the government putting up misleading statistics on the website versus people's actual experience. If they are coming up with argument that the time shown on the website is an average of 80% of the cases, why dont they just show 100% of the cases versus 80% and why dont they just have another section for the rest 20%. The way they are doing it right now is because there is no accountability.

The IRCC spokeswoman just obfuscated or changed the storyline. She blamed it on longer citizenship meant more applicants for PR cards etc and so ?? But it also means that there is nobody to push the department hard like Rosie Barton pushed the Phoenix payroll issue because of which the government is tracking it every week. I mean, what does the government gain by holding onto an application for years, will the applicant become "more permanent resident".

This same department goes around with such zealousness to strip citizenship from people, if only they displayed the same zealousness to process backlogged applications, they would be actually doing their jobs. Instead, the sheer amount of resources that are being poured to catch a few bad apples while backlogs languish is just beyond belief and causing such anguish to thousands. And even worse, it seems to be worse under the Liberal govt than the Conservatives.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
vop said:
You can send an email to Go Public - http://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic

You can just ask them if they can inquire with the department on why PR card renewal is taking years for applicants while the website is falsely proclaiming 57 days when there are people who have been waiting since 2014-2015. And by when can the people expect the promised "real change" or whatever that means.

Yes, just be anonymous. You can also contact this reporter who did a story on it

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/permanent-residence-card-delays-leave-thousands-without-id

You can just email her and ask her if the person who volunteered to go public got her PR card renewed eventually ? If not, if they can do a follow up. And/or why is the government putting up misleading statistics on the website versus people's actual experience. If they are coming up with argument that the time shown on the website is an average of 80% of the cases, why dont they just show 100% of the cases versus 80% and why dont they just have another section for the rest 20%. The way they are doing it right now is because there is no accountability.

The IRCC spokeswoman just obfuscated or changed the storyline. She blamed it on longer citizenship meant more applicants for PR cards etc and so ?? But it also means that there is nobody to push the department hard like Rosie Barton pushed the Phoenix payroll issue because of which the government is tracking it every week. I mean, what does the government gain by holding onto an application for years, will the applicant become "more permanent resident".

This same department goes around with such zealousness to strip citizenship from people, if only they displayed the same zealousness to process backlogged applications, they would be actually doing their jobs. Instead, the sheer amount of resources that are being poured to catch a few bad apples while backlogs languish is just beyond belief and causing such anguish to thousands. And even worse, it seems to be worse under the Liberal govt than the Conservatives.
Perfect VOP...let's start Home-work for this

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
AJK_9 said:
Sorry to hear this Sad news..RIP

There are few members who passed through this situation and so many still passing through because of Secondary Review....I was one of them and that's why taken risk/responsibility of sending SRP to President and Immigration Minister

If u have a US visa, u can fly from US and return, while coming back to Canada u can enter with landing paper
I am in the same situation as you, the only option would be getting a US visa and come back from the US you have to travel from buffalo to Toronto they might hold you for a few minutes while they are checking well it happens to me once anyways sorry for your lost and like you, my brother pass away a few months ago and i still feeling the pain , since I am the only member of my family here in Canada I would really like to go home for xmas

anyways i hope this get solve

I have been waiting since sept 21 2015 second review 10 feb 2016 and still waiting.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
mira8098 said:
I am in the same situation as you, the only option would be getting a US visa and come back from the US you have to travel from buffalo to Toronto they might hold you for a few minutes while they are checking well it happens to me once anyways sorry for your lost and like you, my brother pass away a few months ago and i still feeling the pain , since I am the only member of my family here in Canada I would really like to go home for xmas

anyways i hope this get solve

I have been waiting since sept 21 2015 second review 10 feb 2016 and still waiting.
Hi

We got PR after 15+ months, Pl try for US visa, there are good chances this days and also you can give some reason like Ch'mas vacation or family matter

It's our bad-luck that we are dealing with ROBOTICS SYSTEM without any HUMAN touch OR any practical approach.....

All the best

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
decent guy said:
Hi Guys,
Enough is enough !

Here are the contacts.

Patricia Lonergan
News Room -News Tip
Brampton Guardian
3145 Wolfedale Road
Mississauga, ON L5C 3A9

Shanifa Nasser
P.O. Box 500 Stn A
Toronto, Ontario
M5W 1E6

Shanifa Nasser
205 Wellington St. West
Room 4E301-B
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 3G7
Dennis Choquette
Globe and Mail
444, Front Street W,
Toronto. ON
M5V 2S9

Nicole Macintyre
Globe and Mail
444, Front Street W,
Toronto. ON
M5V 2S9

Jordon Timm
National Post
Toronto. ON
M4W 3L4

Jo-Anne MacDonald
National Post
Toronto. ON
M4W 3L4

David Holland
Toronto Star
1 Yonge Street,
Toronto. ON
M5E 1W7

Metro Toronto

Toronto Sun
Hi Guys,

I already contacted one of them and what they told me is that they need to see if they have capacity to cover. I also mentioned this petition and that many people are waiting, but there was no interest.
By the way,
I received my ATIP notes and after 16 months, the eligibility assessment status was "not started"!!!!

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hi All

Same here - PRD "not started" after 18 months.

Does anyone know what happens if we just re-apply? What if we apply again, with or without cover letter explaining that we have decided to apply for PR card renewal again since the previous application is not moving...

marahmarah

Sep 4, 2016
If you decide to re apply you need to withdraw original application first. I have similar timeline and all my family are canadian citizens. All the best.

marahmarah

Sep 4, 2016
Usually each process (in our case secondary review) follows a well defined procedures and bulletin including a time frame. There is nothing called "there is no timeline". Can anybody share with us which process/procedures / bulletin that deals with secondary review. There must be a time frame and cannot be open ended.

Thanks to all,