+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS VISA TIMELINE FALL 2024

ugabuga007

Jun 12, 2024
Hi, I am on the same boat as you. Applied on May 30th and no update. Which country did you apply from? And I thought one can't order GCMS notes without a refusal. How did you order one without getting a status?
Oh you can apply GCMS notes no matter status of your file, I applied from India and I have a friend in Canada I applied through him.

May 30th! It's frustrating, isn't it!?

Edit: I read somewhere here in forum that if your security screening is taking too long, consider requesting the CBSA and CSIS notes. These include the application processing information on security screening obtained from both, CBSA and CSIS

WAN_JUAN

Jun 13, 2024
I finally got my PPR, after 3 months.

ordering GCMS notes was part of the reason I got it, since I quoted it in my correspondence

Reactions: criycatia

WAN_JUAN

Jun 13, 2024
Congratulations! Which country did you apply from, and can you please share a timeline, if possible?
Applied from India for Master's

Application Submitted: 25th April
Biometrics received: 1st May
Medical updated: 8th May
Biometric Validity Letter: 22nd May
PPR: 6th August

There was some technical error, I was supposed to get my PPR on 22nd May.

akash08

Star Member
Jul 29, 2024

Wow the PPR came almost 2 months after BVL?? That's quite a long wait. Did they mention that it was a technical error or is that just an assumption? Also, did you apply through SDS?

ugabuga007

Jun 12, 2024

Congratulations! I applied on 25th may and I have recently applied for the GCMS notes, what does your GCMS notes said? Did it say you already have PPR but status not updated on tracker?

WAN_JUAN

Jun 13, 2024
Wow the PPR came almost 2 months after BVL?? That's quite a long wait. Did they mention that it was a technical error or is that just an assumption? Also, did you apply through SDS?
yes 2 months later. they told me it was a technical error. i applied through SDS

Last edited:

Vijay krishna

Star Member
Jul 24, 2024
Hi guys, i applied (sds)on june 29th and my biometrics got completed on july 3rd and medical updated on july 10th. My eligibility review started july 30 onwards. How long i should wait? I’m very anxious. Because my classe starts by sep 3. Also i already booked flight aug 28 th. Can expect the decision before that?

laibachaudhry59

Star Member
Jun 14, 2024
Hi guys, i applied (sds)on june 29th and my biometrics got completed on july 3rd and medical updated on july 10th. My eligibility review started july 30 onwards. How long i should wait? I’m very anxious. Because my classe starts by sep 3. Also i already booked flight aug 28 th. Can expect the decision before that?
You’re lucky that your medical is updated and eligibility has started because I applied on 10th June and there is no response yet. Most probably in this week you will get a response