+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS VISA TIMELINE FALL 2024

Shexcey098

Aug 11, 2024
Hi my Sds timeline until now
Biometric 19th july and updated on same day.
Medical was upfront no updates until now.
Applied from Pakistan
Kindly reply if anyone have same situation likes me

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2024
Applied from India for Master's

Application Submitted: 25th April
Biometrics received: 1st May
Medical updated: 8th May
Biometric Validity Letter: 22nd May
PPR: 6th August

There was some technical error, I was supposed to get my PPR on 22nd May.
[Great Juan, did you request your notes by yourself? Or how did you apply? A friend who is Canadian will request my notes.]

manpreet27

Sep 10, 2013
Not yet, can someone please tell what is the process for deferral?

Will ircc ask for new LOA for Jan 2025 or should we upload new LOA through webform ?

Are there any other steps involved for deferral?

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
My sister applied for a Master's program that begins on September 4th. We received a request for passport submission today, but it's not feasible to submit it by the deadline, even if we send it tomorrow. We are considering deferring her admission to the January intake.

In this case, will we need to reapply for the study visa, or can we use the existing visa if the new intake date is within 150 days of the original start date?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Marsif

Aug 14, 2024
Well you have a week to get approval and passport stamped which is not likely to happen. Passport stamping can take 7-14 business days.
Yeah, I had to defer the admission for next intake.
Good thing, I got my PPR yesterday, 5 September and submitted my passport today, 6 September.
Now Do I have to wait till December? Because my classes starts on 4 Jan 2025.

Marsif

Aug 14, 2024
My sister applied for a Master's program that begins on September 4th. We received a request for passport submission today, but it's not feasible to submit it by the deadline, even if we send it tomorrow. We are considering deferring her admission to the January intake.

In this case, will we need to reapply for the study visa, or can we use the existing visa if the new intake date is within 150 days of the original start date?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
No just submit the new LOA in existing application. If you can not then raise a web form. I have the similar situation here. I uploaded the new LOA in my application just two days before I got my PPR.

akash08

Star Member
Jul 29, 2024
No just submit the new LOA in existing application. If you can not then raise a web form. I have the similar situation here. I uploaded the new LOA in my application just two days before I got my PPR.
What do you mean added to the application? How did you do that? I have read that a lot of people just send it as a webform.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
We already have the stamped visa now, can we travel on this visa with the new LOA for Jan 2025 ?

Please advise, if any sources, it would be great.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We already have the stamped visa now, can we travel on this visa with the new LOA for Jan 2025 ?

Please advise, if any sources, it would be great.
You may be denied entry because how will you support yourself for 4 months without using the funds provided for the study permit. Usually CBSA wants you to enter 4-6 weeks before program starts. If you want to try then show additional funds because you cannot work.

Reactions: YVR123

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
You may be denied entry because how will you support yourself for 4 months without using the funds provided for the study permit. Usually CBSA wants you to enter 4-6 weeks before program starts. If you want to try then show additional funds because you cannot work.
Thanks @Naturgrl for your revert - We are only planning to travel in Dec second half for the course starting in Jan 1st week, my query is can my sister travel on the same stamped visa we got for September intake or do we need to file another visa for Jan intake ? If, we can travel do we need to inform anyone prior to our travel like IRCC or anyone else that we would be travelling on this visa for the Jan intake ?

Any advise on this would be really helpful for our planning,

Aug 12, 2024
Yeah, I had to defer the admission for next intake.
Good thing, I got my PPR yesterday, 5 September and submitted my passport today, 6 September.
Now Do I have to wait till December? Because my classes starts on 4 Jan 2025.
Congrats! Did you applied alone? or with another family member? Did you submmitted a new LOA?

Reactions: Marsif

Marsif

Aug 14, 2024
What do you mean added to the application? How did you do that? I have read that a lot of people just send it as a webform.
Yes I uploaded my new LOA in my application on Aug 27, and got PPR on Sep 5. You can upload new documents in application if it is still in processing.

bcb318

Sep 18, 2023
Yes I uploaded my new LOA in my application on Aug 27, and got PPR on Sep 5. You can upload new documents in application if it is still in processing.
Really? Where can I see the option to upload new documents in existing application?

Did you use IRCC Portal or GCKEY? I sent my new LOA through webform because there's no option in GCKEY to add new docs.