+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - Purpose of Travel (student and spouse apply visa together)

Vnga

Aug 26, 2023
Hi,
Currently, I am preparing documents to submit under SDS for my husband (SP) and I (OPW) together. I have a few questions as follows:
1. In Spouse section, Purpose of Travel - Other section: this file will include the spouse's explanation letter wanting to travel with the student, and supporting documents such as marriage certificate, bachelor's degree and transcript , experience letters, family pictures, wedding pictures, Police Clearance Certificate, bank saving account, etc. Is it correct?

2. Client information section of Spouse including the remaining additional documents (if any). Is it correct?

3. Digital photos: Can I take photos myself at home? And do you recommend using any mobile app to edit white background and images according to regulations?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and hope to receive answers from everyone soon.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi,
Currently, I am preparing documents to submit under SDS for my husband (SP) and I (OPW) together. I have a few questions as follows:
1. In Spouse section, Purpose of Travel - Other section: this file will include the spouse's explanation letter wanting to travel with the student, and supporting documents such as marriage certificate, bachelor's degree and transcript , experience letters, family pictures, wedding pictures, Police Clearance Certificate, bank saving account, etc. Is it correct?

2. Client information section of Spouse including the remaining additional documents (if any). Is it correct?

3. Digital photos: Can I take photos myself at home? And do you recommend using any mobile app to edit white background and images according to regulations?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and hope to receive answers from everyone soon.
  1. When my wife applied for SOWP, we did not submit wedding/family pictures. We only included marriage certificate. Are you newlyweds?
  2. Yes, you can include any additional documents in the client information section to support your application.
  3. We also did diy photos, but I used an online site to resize the pic to IRCC requirement. I used visafoto.com and paid CAD$8.
Good luck to your application.

Reactions: Vnga

Vnga

Aug 26, 2023
  1. When my wife applied for SOWP, we did not submit wedding/family pictures. We only included marriage certificate. Are you newlyweds?
  2. Yes, you can include any additional documents in the client information section to support your application.
  3. We also did diy photos, but I used an online site to resize the pic to IRCC requirement. I used visafoto.com and paid CAD$8.
Good luck to your application.
Thank you for your wishes. Your information is really helpful to me.
We have been married for about 2 years.
Did your wife write a letter of explanation/intent? If she wrote it, did she put it in the Purpose of Travel section or the Customer Information section? I'm wondering about this.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Thank you for your wishes. Your information is really helpful to me.
We have been married for about 2 years.
Did your wife write a letter of explanation/intent? If she wrote it, did she put it in the Purpose of Travel section or the Customer Information section? I'm wondering about this.
I wrote the letter, saying that if my wife and son are with me, then I can concentrate more on my studies instead of worrying about my next coming home. Just a simple explanation, did not elaborate. We put it in the customer information.

Vnga

Aug 26, 2023
Hi @rcincanada2019,
I hope you don’t mind my asking. Could you help me answer some questions, if you know?
I'm wondering about some problems
1. I have IELTS Academic; should I submit it with other documents? When your wife submitted her SOWP, did she have any English certificates?
2. Do I need to prove my experience working for a past company with documents such as experience letters?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi @rcincanada2019,
I hope you don’t mind my asking. Could you help me answer some questions, if you know?
I'm wondering about some problems
1. I have IELTS Academic; should I submit it with other documents? When your wife submitted her SOWP, did she have any English certificates?
2. Do I need to prove my experience working for a past company with documents such as experience letters?
1. My wife did not submit any language tests. Same for my son who was applying for SP for high school.
2. Not needed. We did not submit any experience letters for my wife as well.

Vnga

Aug 26, 2023
Hi rcincanada2019,
My application was approved. Thank you for helping me.
If you don't mind, could I ask another question about insurance?
Did your wife buy insurance when traveled to Canada? If yes, what type of insurance did you buy and from which company?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi rcincanada2019,
My application was approved. Thank you for helping me.
If you don't mind, could I ask another question about insurance?
Did your wife buy insurance when traveled to Canada? If yes, what type of insurance did you buy and from which company?
Congratulations!

We got insurance for my wife and son from Manulife. IIRC, it was a type of travellers insurance, renewable every month. You can call them to get insurance advise and quote.