SASKATCHEWAN...........YOU CAN SPONSOR YOUR FAMILY AFTER A YEAR

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hospitality Sector Pilot Project

NOTE: As of April 30, 2010, employers must receive approval from the SINP to participate in the project before their employees arrive in Canada. The SINP will not accept applications from hospitality sector employees who arrive in Canada prior to their employer receiving SINP approval.

The Hospitality Sector Project is a pilot initiative we are currently testing – its duration and scope are limited.

Under the Hospitality Sector Pilot Project the SINP can nominate foreign workers that are currently working in Saskatchewan for a minimum of six months on a temporary work permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), supported by Service Canada's (SC) Temporary Foreign Worker labour market confirmation, and in one of the following categories:

Food/Beverage Server (NOC 6453)
Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 6641)
Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 6661)

Workers in these categories must first begin working in Saskatchewan on a temporary foreign work permit for a company that has been approved by the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). If an approved business offers the worker permanent employment, after a minimum of 6 months employment the worker may apply to the SINP for permanent resident status.

a_mumtaz

May 2, 2011
Hi Salman!

Thank you so much for your kind detail reply.

All the best for your case!

Thanks & regards

Ahmed

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Information for Saskatchewan Businesses

Eligibility

Saskatchewan businesses must:
1. The employer must meet the Service Canada employer criteria for the Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Formal Training (NOC C and D) and agree to the program parameters.
2. The employer must possess a Service Canada Labour Market Opinion (LMO) Confirmation and meet the conditions such as salary and accommodation.
3. The employer must apply for SINP approval by submitting the SINP-500-4 Hospitality Sector Recruitment and Settlement Plan, which outlines their approach to accommodation, settlement and retention for the foreign worker from the time the foreign worker commences employment with the employer. The plan must demonstrate employer support and assistance toward successful integration of the workforce, community and society.
4. The employer must demonstrate their on going recruitment efforts have failed to result in the hiring of Canadians.
5. The employer must establish what English language ability the foreign worker has prior to commencement of employment. If English ability is basic, the employer must provide English training and facilitate communication between the foreign worker and the rest of the employees.
6. Provide the SINP and Service Canada copies of both the mandatory Service Canada employer-employee contract and the offer of permanent employment that will take effect after the initial 12 months. The offer of permanent employment must provide wages and benefits and other terms of employment within industry norms.
Service Canada Requirements:
See detailed information on applying to Service Canada's Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Formal Training (NOC C and D).

When an employer has received approval from Service Canada and the SINP to participate in this program, they will be asked by Service Canada to identify the foreign workers they wish to bring to Saskatchewan.
Forms
Provincial Forms
• Application Guide for Hospitality Sector Project
• SINP-500-4 Hospitality Sector Recruitment and Settlement Plan
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lowskill.shtml

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
Thanks Kanamen for sharing this information...

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fatima 2011 said:
Hi Kanamen

Can u kindly share about the weather and situation of job market of syskatchewan
Its colder than Toronto but manageable.So far the job market is suitable for employees .You can get job .

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
Hi Kanamen,

Thanks for the great post!

1 - Once the sponsor has completed one year of stay in Sasketchewan, and his/her relative has applied for SINP, can he/she (the sponsor) move to another province?

2 - Once the relative gets PR, lands in Sasketchewan, gets a job, and starts living there, does he/she have to live in the same province until he gets citizenship? or is there some other time limit like 1 or 2 years?

P.S.: I may have found the answer to Question 2 (standard PNP rules apply, you sign a declaration that you will settle in that province when you apply for PR) ... but would still appreciate answer to Question 1 ... :)

CANPK

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
Kanamen said:
DEAR FORUM MEMBERS/NEWCOMERS

The information below would be informative/useful to you if you wanna permanently settle in Saskatchewan and

Good information, can I land Toronto and go there? How about weather and job market there ?
Why I can not give +1 to any member ? I like to give you and other members +1 and +1 ?

Thank you

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANPK said:
Good information, can I land Toronto and go there? How about weather and job market there ?
Why I can not give +1 to any member ? I like to give you and other members +1 and +1 ?

Thank you
Yes ,you can move to Saskatchewan after landing at Toronto.As I mentioned earlier ,its all depend on your ability to find a job.If you are so active and smart you can find a job anywhere in Canada within weeks.There are jobs available.
Its colder than Toronto but you can manage it as others do.
Good Luck

aamir79

Nov 23, 2011
[hi,
i want to sponsor my sister to canada under sinp program in Saskatchewan, but she is mentally ill, can i sponsor her? i have living in Saskatchewan over a year.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamir79 said:
[hi,
i want to sponsor my sister to canada under sinp program in Saskatchewan, but she is mentally ill, can i sponsor her? i have living in Saskatchewan over a year.
I am really very sorry to say NO at this moment.I really want to help for her cure ,Please PM or email me some general info (not personal) if you feel comfortable.
Good Luck,May God Bless you and your sister

B

binder

Hi I need some advice here.I'm currently an international student in surrey BC and I want to apply for my PR ASAP as the cost for international students is really high.I was told if I complete a 1year certificate here I can apply for a work permit which would be for 1 year and by getting that I would like to move to Saskatchewan to work for 900 hours and I can apply for PR then.is this right. Is there any other way of getting a PR here soon.currently I live with my uncle and his family here and they are citizens here.please advice me

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binder said:
Hi I need some advice here.I'm currently an international student in surrey BC and I want to apply for my PR ASAP as the cost for international students is really high.I was told if I complete a 1year certificate here I can apply for a work permit which would be for 1 year and by getting that I would like to move to Saskatchewan to work for 900 hours and I can apply for PR then.is this right. Is there any other way of getting a PR here soon.currently I live with my uncle and his family here and they are citizens here.please advice me
Yes but with some conditions,please check the link below
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student