+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rush passport processing?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
It’s not surprising they called all three people. It’s there first passport . I’ve had seven passports issued over the course of life , born here . Who ever has signed my documents from my first passport @ 14 to recently have always been called
No-one I know whom has a Canadian passport has ever reported any of their contacts being called, including people who got their Citizenship recently (last Summer). I think I even saw a few posts here claiming the same! But will try and remember to post back here with my personal experiences.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
No-one I know whom has a Canadian passport has ever reported any of their contacts being called, including people who got their Citizenship recently (last Summer). I think I even saw a few posts here claiming the same! But will try and remember to post back here with my personal experiences.
Looks like it may have changed. My references and guarantor got called yesterday for verifications
Quick chat to see if they knew me, when was my oath, when was the document signed by guarantor

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi everyone,
I thought I would write this for anyone facing a similar situation in the future.
I had my oath ceremony on Friday afternoon (2.30pm) and had a flight booked for Tuesday morning at 8am. I went to the passport office straight from the ceremony and made it just in time before 4pm and managed to apply for a passport. Obviously, they couldn’t find me In their system, so they said that they would wait and check again on Monday morning and call me back if there were any issues. They did want to check my proof of travel and I had to pay extra $110. First thing Monday they called my references and guarantor and passport was ready by 3pm on Monday.
It’s not surprising they called all three people. It’s there first passport . I’ve had seven passports issued over the course of life , born here . Who ever has signed my documents from my first passport @ 14 to recently have always been called
Looks like it may have changed. My references and guarantor got called yesterday for verifications
Quick chat to see if they knew me, when was my oath, when was the document signed by guarantor
For what it's worth, neither my guarantor nor either reference was called for my first passport and I just got it five days after I applied (express pick up).