+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RTD roadtrip in Europe

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thank you for this info. It was really beneficial. I applied for my RTD last month. Do you by any chance now how long it takes to receive it?
I applied for RTD in February 2022 and received it last week after sending 2 x IRCC webform's requesting urgent processing because my parent is sick.

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hello everybody i travelled with RTD to Europe last May and wanted to share my experience here so anyone who would like to go Europe for a roadtrip etc can have some opinion.
My first country was Germany, it was so easy to enter no question even asked then i rent a car and travel Germany to Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany and fly back home. So 10 countries no issues no borders. It was amazing roadtrip, part of me still there. If you guys any question feel free to ask under this post. Hope this will help you for your next RTD travel.
Did you need a schengen visa to enter France?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No i didnt have any visa i just drive everywhere i visit so no land border no problem
You actually do need a visa. The fact that you didn’t get stopped anywhere doesn’t mean others won’t. Although it is a border free area people do get stopped for random checks whether in train stations, for random road checks, if you ever get stopped by the police for not observing a traffic rule, for ticket purchases for various forms of transportation, etc. If you want to make sure you are travelling legally you do need to apply for a Schengen visa and may need a visa to enter Switzerland (you will need to look this up).

Nobody27

Jul 11, 2022
You actually do need a visa. The fact that you didn’t get stopped anywhere doesn’t mean others won’t. Although it is a border free area people do get stopped for random checks whether in train stations, for random road checks, if you ever get stopped by the police for not observing a traffic rule, for ticket purchases for various forms of transportation, etc. If you want to make sure you are travelling legally you do need to apply for a Schengen visa and may need a visa to enter Switzerland (you will need to look this up).
I know you need visa to some of these countries but if you follow the rules you wont get any trouble goin one to another.

Ayan2022

Jun 29, 2024
Hello everybody i travelled with RTD to Europe last May and wanted to share my experience here so anyone who would like to go Europe for a roadtrip etc can have some opinion.
My first country was Germany, it was so easy to enter no question even asked then i rent a car and travel Germany to Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany and fly back home. So 10 countries no issues no borders. It was amazing roadtrip, part of me still there. If you guys any question feel free to ask under this post. Hope this will help you for your next RTD travel.
can i travel to Netherlands first? does that make any difference ? i have travel document and NO PR yet

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Am planning to travel to Italy September, I went to their embassy and they told me that I don't need a visa.