+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ question

missguru

Oct 24, 2012
I am reading RQ and wondering if I understand right.

If I landed in Canada in 2005 as a PR so that is my arrival date, correct?

So I need to list all my 7 years absence history in the table? That is crazy.

Or I just need to list my past 4 years history there? Some friends just list 4 years history and got citizenship while they became the PR 10 years ago.

This is confusing. Can someone share their experience? Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

missguru said:
I am reading RQ and wondering if I understand right.

If I landed in Canada in 2005 as a PR so that is my arrival date, correct?

So I need to list all my 7 years absence history in the table? That is crazy.

Or I just need to list my past 4 years history there? Some friends just list 4 years history and got citizenship while they became the PR 10 years ago.

This is confusing. Can someone share their experience? Thanks.
Re-read it. You just account for the 4 years prior to your application date for citizenship.

missguru

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks. I read it several times. It is still confusing. It says "all info pertaining to the section must be provided from your arrival date to present". I know the documents can be 4 years before I apply. How about the info I need to fill in the section? Sorry maybe my English is poor but can you help interpret?

Thanks a lot.

Antre

Oct 16, 2012
My understanding after reading the RQ form is that we have to provide information on the period since the first arrival (landing or date you entered Canada to live, whatever is earlier). But supporting documentations must cover only that 4-y period.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes i agree to Antre that's what my lawyer suggested me as well and that's what i sent to CIC in RQ response, honestly RQ form is
really confusing